Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magic vs. Technology

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Magic vs. Technology

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:01 pm

Pardoning the title, is anyone up a Magic vs. Technology war RP?

I'd like to know if anyone is willing to touch the concept before I even start on the world in hand.
Last edited by Kronos on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: MTV

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KagomeGurl on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 pm

I'll join sounds like fun. A lot of people proabably will join as well. People like fantasy things. SO make the world
" The good die young. So I'll live long" KagomeGurl
Please visit my site as : http://songagurl.proboards105.com/index ... roupcreate

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KagomeGurl
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: MTV

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:31 pm

The World:

Acireneg is your average land touched by the scourge of magic, giving most of the residents powers, and allowing for a variety of races and being to exist peace... For now.

There are forces lurking on the horzion, a massive empire of Technology and Science, and running out of resources. It wants more to fuel it's massive, all consuming industrial machine, and the last choice was to breach reality itself in search of more precious resources, for the good of the state.

The empire is made up of many states, all slowly starving of resources as their population grows as becomes too large for them to handle on their own.

It is in stark contrast to the Magical nations, places hated by the Technological Nations for their powers and relative freedoms from the problems that plague them.

So war has been declared, and massive military machine of the Empire is moving in on the Magical nation.

--------------------
Rules:
-Violence is allowed, romance to a large extent is not.
-No Godmodding
-No all OOC Chatter
-Bullets are harder to block than you think.
-IF you die, just make another charater
-The usual rules apply.
-The Tech level for the Empire is that of the humans from Halo, pre-contact with the covenant. No Spartans though.
--------------------
Name:
Race:
personality:
Powers:
Weapons:
Equipment:

--------------------

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Magic vs. Technology

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:35 am

I dunno Kronos I mean it's a great idea, but in the Multiverse ongoing sagas my race of magic using beings are avoided or ignored by everyone else. It seems as if everyone is focused on the space tech stuff when my magic is just as grounded in known scientific principles in how the effects occur, and how they affect tech. *shrug*
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jellie Jay on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:04 am

name: Jenn
race:magic?
apperance:black hair, super short. tall,but not supermodel tall, blue eyes with a touch of red.wear red cargo pants;lots of pockets, with a basic white t-shirt,also has a sweater around the waist for the cold months.
personality:usually very friendly, but not to be tampered with. very smart, but occasionally slow.
powers:mostly air. flying, current control,hot/cold, all that good stuff.
weapons:no tech, scince we are at war. but carries a pocket knife. (just in case)
eqipment: magic wand???(awaiting aproval) and armor.(for battle)

Jellie Jay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Approved.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!