Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Characters We're Playing

a part of “The Characters We're Playing”, a fictional universe by Addrinvan.

The world is full of strange and wonderful people and many don't know what they want to do in life if anything at all. We wonder about life, but we all have trouble actually doing life. *This RP is going to be really fucking strange watch out...*

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Characters We're Playing”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:12 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Characters We're Playing"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Characters We're Playing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby youloveme? on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Hmm actually sounds incredibly interesting. I would really enjoy this roleplay and I think I shall submit a character.

I'll use my first name for the character but definitely not my last name.
This is happening. I am here and I am looking at her, and she is so beautiful. I can see it.This one moment when you know you’re not a sad story, you are alive. And you stand up and see the lights on buildings and everything that makes you wonder, when you were listening to that song on that drive with the people you love most in this world. And in this moment, I swear, we are infinite

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

youloveme?
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peace_of_mind7 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 pm

I really like the originality behind this RP. It's not only endearing, but it gives people a chance to stop hiding behind the mask of a fictional being. I just wanted to say that I like what you're doing here, and I hope more people will be willing to join. Long story short, you can definitely count me in.

peace_of_mind7
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 pm

This is definitely an interesting concept.
I'm...I'm considering it.
I might just observe other people for a moment before making my final decision.
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Wow I'm already amazed at how many people joined in on this. And Thadine I completely understand why you are hesitating. It is hard to be ourselves with even the closest of friends and family. Strangers could be very hard indeed, but I'm glad you are thinking about it.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm so gonna join this. It's a challenge for anyone sometimes to play a character they created, it's harder to play yourself. (Ooohh I just came up with that! I am on a role! ^-^ see what I did there? haha) anyways...yeah imma do this. :)
Rage & Pride
> [S] Cascade.
"This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols."
- Homestuck

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:04 am

Wow Rage your picture is what I was going to call this rp before I thought up what is there.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:54 am

Wow...it must be fate I clicked on this then haha ^-^

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Okay so my character sheet is up. Try and make it sorta like that, but way better.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peace_of_mind7 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I love the Augustus quote. John Greene is my favorite author.

peace_of_mind7
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Yup, I love John Green with a passion.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Finally got me cs in. I had a hard time looking for a pic that either just had me in it/didn't have me making some weird face/didn't have me wearing a batman mask. :P that was the least weirdest pic I could find. I hope it's alright.

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:41 pm

I had a lot of trouble with mine too. It's not that I hated all the pics I just hated the lighting. Anyway great CS I really feel like it gave us you.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:21 pm

We'll give love till Sunday to submit and then we will start.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Addrinvan-
SOME ONE TRIED TO TURN THIS IN AS THEIR CHARACTER SHEET AND THEY USED A MODEL AS THEIR PICTURE. I thought it was a funny read.

Well... here goes.
For extra curic I think I'll do shop, um.... um..... heh heh.... for the other two surprise me?
I'm in grade 11 (was born before June, the month my school year ends in)
I am several people, each with their own personality. I have a mental disorder called Dissociative Identity Disorder, AKA DID (Or MPD/Multiple Personality Disorder). I have 4 personalities that I currently know of:

Maeve, she seems to be an irish girl around the age of twelve who loves to draw.

Claire is twenty-three and is exceedingly good at the french horn.

James is my only male personality. I don't know how old he is but he seems to like the woods. No kidding, last year I "woke up" at a bonfire IN CARDIFF. I had missed school for three weeks and was wearing a backpack full of survival gear.

Lucy Clishay
This is my normal personality, what I grew up with. She loves to write. She (I) am 17 and share a flat with Jenny Beckerman, Elyse Fernmeld and Krystal Denningwood. I have a slightly bland humor and sometimes joke about DID and some depressing subjects. LULZZZZ. Jenny and Krystal both have accounts on roleplaygateway and I may be able to convince them to join this roleplay! Anyway, all my personalities are pretty calm but can go a little cuckoo at times.

If you figure out anything about one of my personalities while I'm on here please PM Blatantly_Barmy or arrowinmahknee but if it's something more private then just PM me.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!