Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Biotek Virus

Biotek Virus

a part of “Biotek Virus”, a fictional universe by Sonohra.

A virus broke out from a research facility called Biotek, and no matter how hard they tried to contain the virus, it spread like wild fire. Only a few people live, but the virus has given them amazing powers that they only wish to understand.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Biotek Virus”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Biotek Virus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonohra on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:44 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Biotek Virus"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonohra
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Biotek Virus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:20 pm

This seems rather interesting, mostly because it reminds me of Prototype. Before joining though, I would like to know what is the plot that you have planned and about the groups. Will they start separately and end up together, or will they fight each other? Also, how powerful can the powers and abilities be?

By the way, some of the pictures aren't showing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spartan322
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evolutionofshadow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm very interested, would i be able to reserve a tagalong for Harlem, (the character I have in mind isn't really a leader)

evolutionofshadow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lightningpoint on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:39 pm

Hey.
The plot is wonderful and it seems like a very interesting one to follow. I may not seem like it, but I'm a post-apocalyptic and si-fi lover. I'd like to make a 'tag-along' character for the Harlem.
So, yeah. Thanks.
( she / they )
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

lightningpoint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonohra on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:02 pm

@Spartan-
It is based a little bit off of prototype, and other video games like it.The groups pretty much ignore each other. They come together once and a while and have their disagreements about the priority, but they don't really fight head to head. I do plan for them to come together at some point. Commanders and Co-Commanders should be the ones with most control and most powerful powers.The pictures don't show? I can see them on my computer... I don't know what's going on.

@evolutionofshadow and lightningpoint
spots reserved ^.^

Sonohra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shrug on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:06 pm

can I reserve the leader for albany

Shrug
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Works for me. Can I have commander reserved for New York? Wait, wasn't there a third group before?

spartan322
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonohra on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:58 pm

I just noticed that! I must have accidentally deleted it. opps. spots reserved.

Sonohra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh, can I have co-commander for that group then?

Awww damn, you already took Alex Mercer's powers. Mind if I make mine with similar but different powers? Maybe focus more on the tendrils and the wip than the fists or claws or swords (unless you aren't going to use those, in which case I call dibs, heh). I'll also make him have different appearance (maybe the armor from the game is his permanent appearance) and different personality and everything.

I can gime you a small summary of what I have planned if you want.

spartan322
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonohra on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Yes. And don't worry about having similar powers. It's not a big deal. I did not give him all of his powers, just simple shapeshifting (pointy close combat stuff). You can have the whip, and tendrils. Is that okay? =)

Sonohra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:32 pm

That is perfect, thank you. Do you think the fast running and high jumping are ok as well? I am assuming the wall running would be a little too OP :P.

What I am thinking of giving him is:

Super strength (enough to lift and throw cars, but nothing heavier)
Tendril control (allowing him to create and control the tendrils and wips at his will)
Armor protection (his appearance allows him to stand more damage)
Enhanced mobility (can jump high altitudes, and run at high speed)
Devastators (extremely powerful abilities with destructive effects, can only be used moderately since they leave the user completely drained)

Sorry if this sounds too OP, but I don't know what the other character will be like and how strong the enemies will be...and I am currently playing prototype which is giving me a little too many ideas :P I'll take out anything you say is too powerful.

Also, each group, what will they be doing exactly? Because I can't decide if I want to stay in the New York group or go to the Albany one.

spartan322
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 pm

I'd like to reserve co-commander for the New York group if that's alright!

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonohra on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:43 pm

The speed, strength, and enhanced mobility are fine abilities to share. and I'm playing Prototype right now too. That's so funny. I don't mind powerful abilities as long as they come with their faults. Like the devastators I would say are really hard to control abilities so your charrie won't use them too often. Does that make sense?

And each group has their own objectives.
Harlem >> These guys are killing and spying on any government officials still in NY. They are putting their lives at risk just to find out who did this to them and why.

NYC >> They want to help others. They catch infected and hold them in confinement containers in order to study them. They do a lot of studying and field work, as in going out to the 'source' of the virus and taking samples.

Albany >> These kids are rebellious and destructive, just wanting to find their way out. They spend a lot of time just sulking and fighting government officials, demanding a way out.

Does that help?

Sonohra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Yep that helps a lot, I'll go with Albany then.

For the devastators, I agree, I was thinking that after he performs one, he is completely drained, and won't be able to do much until he gets some rest, and also when he performs one, they would do whatever they want rather than him being able to control it.

You are also playing prototype? Haha, what a coincidence, it must be destiny, or a common interest with mass slaughtering >.>

I'll start making my character then.

spartan322
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonohra on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 pm

I know. I'm not usually into gore and stuff, but it's such a cool game. I couldn't help it. He's so powerful and just awesome.

So I will reserve that spot for you. I'm excited to see your character!

Sonohra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:09 am

Ok, I just submitted my character. He is not complete yet though. So I will keep adding and changing things. But that is more or less him. Tell me if you want me to change or take away any power or anything.

spartan322
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:32 am

I've submitted a work in progress sheet as well, hopefully some more people show up for the New York City group.

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonohra on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:18 pm

you guys are awesome.

Sonohra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Do we have to fill out the history part? Because I am having trouble coming up with something for that.

spartan322
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonohra on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 pm

I i guess not. Its not a big deal if you are missing one part because you were lazy or were just havig a hard time doing it. And that goes for everyone. If there is a section that you are having issues filling or dont want to do it, dont for e yourself. Im not a very strict person. :)

Sonohra
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!