Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What Goes Bump In The Night? I'll Tell You...

a topic in The Writer's Lounge, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like.

What Goes Bump In The Night? I'll Tell You...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelofthursday on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:46 am

I will be picking random monsters, gods and other things that go bump in the night and basically make up a fanfic of how they became what they are. I will begin with Djinn.

Djinn are like hermits, but they feed on human flesh. They have the ability to put a poison in your body that will give you illusions, happy illusions, so you won't struggle, or try to get away. Their skin glows with blue tattoos when they are giving the poison. This is their beginning...

Elder Miyakin watched the battle below him with a frown. His clan, the Koronin, was at war with another clan, the Lenatok. They were sorely outnumbered, and Miyakin didn't believe they would last the night. He heard footsteps behind him, and when he turned, met a youth, covered in sweat, blood and dirt. "Elder, sir, we are losing. Badly. You must pray to the goddesses and ask for their help!" Miyakin nodded. The people did not ask the goddesses for much, and only in times of great trouble and need. "I will go." Miyakin started up the path to the goddesses temple. When he got there, he entered and stood beneath the three statues with depictions of the goddesses. Iralin, goddess of wisdom, Nagrala, goddess of war and battle, and Umana, goddess of peace and growth. Miyakin prayed, "Goddesses, you know our need. Bless us. Help us conquer our enemy. Give us a way to either win or fool the enemy into thinking we are larger numbers." While Miyakin prayed, the goddesses talked amongst themselves. "They are good warriors. I will grant them even better strength and speed in battle." Said Nagrala. "They have grown much from when we created them. I will grant them the ability to grow images in others minds; peaceful images, to subdue them." Replied Umana. Iralin thought for a while, then said, "My gift may not be as sufficient as yours, sisters, but I will grant them wisdom to know what creatures are which. They will see anyone from miles away, and will be able to see any foe from friend." Their gifts agreed, Iralin appeared to Miyakin, and told him of their gifts. They were to call themselves the Djinn, for their wishes had been granted. Miyakin bowed deeply, and Iralin disappeared. From that moment, the Djinn were created.

I hope you like it. :) I know it's kinda short, but I didn't think of anything else. Thanks. :D
It hurts just to wake up whenever you're wearing thin, alone on the outside so tired of looking in, the end is uncertain. And I've never been so afraid, but I don't need a telescope to see that there's hope, and that makes me feel brave.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angelofthursday
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Re: What Goes Bump In The Night? I'll Tell You...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:47 pm

This short story is pretty good, but there is still something a bit unclear to me. Were the goddesses themselves the Djinn or are the people called that?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Re: What Goes Bump In The Night? I'll Tell You...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelofthursday on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:38 am

The people are Djinn. The goddesses picked the name, I have no idea where. :P the next one'll probably be changelings.

Angelofthursday
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!