Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

An introduction?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

An introduction?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iuvixra on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 pm

I'm not entirely certain what is expected of my introduction. I guess a name, gender, and age would be in order, but I more or less decline to state. I prefer to be anonymous, to an extent. I feel as if my experience tends to be limited, if I provide the numbers and silly information we've had drilled into us. I also find it irksome that some people will refuse to roleplay, based on gender, or age. If it is captivating, I will not turn it down. I don't care if you are fourteen, if you have a gift. Nor do I care if you are fourty. I don't really care if your spelling is horrible. After all.. We've done studies to prove that as long as the first and last letters are in place, the mind can read what is being written. Want an example?

Brthoer dsonet lkie Cinehese cisnuie.

Typing like that is awkward, but it delivers the point. Brother doesn't like Chinese cuisine. If you couldn't read that, my apologies, and, I must say, you are an anomaly to a general rule. Or perhaps there is work to be done on said study. Regardless.. I am seizing this opportunity to move on. My only real issues, pet peeves, even, are using the wrong 'there's' and 'it's' and all of those silly things. But they too are excusable. We are but human. And we are trying to have fun, no?

I have been roleplaying for perhaps more than ten years, though the given date has long escaped me. I aspire to be a published novelist, but have never really worked out a complete novel. I draw, pencil inclined, and am self taught. I enjoy reading, horror, and fantasy, historical, drama, biographies, and all the rest, so long as the story is interesting. I do not watch much television, but I do enjoy anime, and love movies. My favorite movie is crash. Ergo Proxy is my favorite anime series.

Resident Evil is my favorite video game.

I play both original and fandoms, and can play canon, ever so often.

...Hmm..

I prefer not to consider myself either a pessimist, or an optimist, but a realist. The glass is only half empty if it has been drained, and half full if it was only filled so far.

Secretly, I hate the use of the word "I" but in this instance, it needs to be used. Talking so much of myself makes me uncomfortable, as if I am trying to make myself seem more important, somehow. I do not ever want to belittle someone.

I believe that your life is your own, as mine is my own. That no one can ever really see from your exact point of view. In accordance, I feel as if no one should have the influence over you as to ruin your day. It is your day, not theirs. By allowing them to do so, you give them some power over your own personal universe. But it is complicated. Despite believing this, I understand where it is impossible not to be effected by others, and not to effect them, to some extent. I do not mean to seem conceited in saying so, but, in our perception, we tend to limit things in our minds, to make them relatable. People either have a positive or negative connotation to us, generally. Even a glance can impart some effect onto others.

I believe intuition can impart things that might not otherwise be perceived. If one is to focus it, or be alert, they might notice subtleties that can keep them safe. I also, to an extent, believe in the Zodiac. I am a Capricorn.

I am afraid of more than I would like to admit, from porcelain dolls, to fishhooks, and much in between.

I want to be a therapist; I love conversation, and listening. If you are ever down, need support, or even just an ear, I will provide what I can, regardless.

I try to be open minded.

I listen to a lot of music, of many different styles. My favorite band is the Goo Goo Dolls.

I speak a little of both Japanese and French, have graduated high school, and presently work two jobs, one in clothing, and the other a candy store. (This should have been at the top, with my interests and the like. As should have the band mention. Oh, well.)

And I guess to finish, I'll give you some nicknames. I have been called pseudonym, iuvixra, or nyx. You can make your own, if you would please, or you can as for my name. I will never refuse a question, but if the answer should have you persue a new partner, it is your gain, or loss, as you should see it. (I realize that above it sounded as if I would not answer, and for the almost discrepancy, I appologize. But, I will never lie. I just will not go out of my way to tell.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iuvixra
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: An introduction?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:49 pm

It makes me wonder sometimes, but other Capricorns never cease to amaze me when it comes to expressing themselves in a weird manner. Being a Capricorn as well, I thoroughly enjoyed the read and hope to roleplay with you in the future.

Oh, and "Welcome."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Traziel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iuvixra on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:56 pm

I always thought we Capricorns were supposed to be the serious types. But I've never met a one that reminds me of the textbook definition.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading this, and thank you for the welcome^^ I'd be very interested in roleplaying with you.

iuvixra
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:49 pm

An interesting angle to take in approaching an introduction post but one in which an impression is left - perhaps even more of one than you were hoping for, although you've left me so much to question and to so much wonderment that to even state such an assumption would be far beyond my capabilities.

I find myself also among the seemingly rare camp of folks who believe that surface-level constructs like correctly spelled words, proper grammatical usage, and other semantic pieces aren't nearly as important as most make them out to be - communication is the key; understanding is what's truly important. So thusly it's with the most bitter of ironies that those who spend their days picking over dictionary definitions and thesauri so often fall into the trap of believing that they've communicated something when their words have done naught in the way of expressing any idea or concept or action. But alas, we're not here to discuss the benefits and pitfalls of semantic emphasis - although I'll offer a somewhat sardonic mention of my own pet peeve being the frequent mistake of using effect for affect and vice-versa. But silliness in all, as you more than understand.

Welcome to RoleplayGateway; whether a home, a hobby, a passion, or an escape, we seek to provide you a unique roleplaying experience that we like to think really can't be compared. ^^ But don't take my word for such - I'm far too often a schemer to be going around telling newcomers the truth about things. Although I can say with the utmost verity that you'll be hard-pressed to find a more welcoming or amiable community on the net and that this is as much a community of friends as it is an assembly of people from the world over united by a common interest. I can only hope with complete sincerity that you find our humble band one worth calling yourself a part of, for I assure you that you will be welcome with nothing but open arms here.

And if you come upon anybody with those arms closed, then I'll pry them open with every ounce of my might! Which unfortunately isn't much, but I'm sure nothing will come to that. ^^

I'll also spare you the usual details - yes, we have staff; yes, I am among them; yes, you can come to us with any questions, complaints, suggestions, or really anything you might need at all. Other than that, please - and I truly mean that when I say that - enjoy yourself here.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iuvixra on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:54 pm

An introduction is, of course, all about the impression it leaves. I am grateful to have made one, though my intentions were humble; I sincerely meant only to introduce. I suppose to a degree it may have been over done. I did not browse the others before posting. But I am happy enough with it, and the perception it might deliver.

And.. The widow whimpered, her eyes glistening. She affected a watery accent, in hopes of stirring emotion in her audience. The effect was immediate; her silver-screen sorrow stirred strings of sympathy amongst the theaters patrons. .. I understand the pet peeve, actually. I tend be bothered by most of those words, when traded out for something of the same spelling. Not that it has any real influence over what is being read, so long as the intent is unmistakable. ^^;

Thank you for the brilliant welcome. I hope not to find any such barriers, and am glad to see a welcoming already. If I have any need, I'll know who to look for.

iuvixra
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!