Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

White Island Prophecies

White Island Prophecies

a part of “White Island Prophecies”, a fictional universe by Vasishta.

A roleplay set during the tumultuous last days of the Ethnoi, when a band of the most curious assortment of heroes, foretold as in prophecies of the old, ride to challenge the greatest and darkest power in the land.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “White Island Prophecies”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

White Island Prophecies

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasishta on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:03 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "White Island Prophecies"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vasishta
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: White Island Prophecies

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Hey, pm me when you get enough done to make a character sheet(cs). Also, this link will give you a program, with instructions, that helps with creating CSs.
"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign." Sovereign, Mass Effect

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasishta on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Now accepting character applications

Vasishta
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bfb_monster on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Okay, this seems too freekin awesome to miss out on! Reserve me a spot! (if they are limited that is :P) expect my character by tomorrow evening or something like that :Du awesome RP Btw!

bfb_monster
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasishta on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Thank you very much, bfb! And no, the positions aren't limited and we need all we can get. Looking forward to your character. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions you might have. Also, keep watching the section about the various peoples of the Ethnoi. I keep adding more things about the nature of the cultures.

Vasishta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dae Mec on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:17 pm

This is really interesting, and I'd love to join!. I'll try to make a character by tomorrow. Are you alright if I message you with some questions?
“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

Dae Mec
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasishta on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Totally alright, except that I am not sure if I am allowed to reply to PMs. I am pretty sure I am. If not, you can post them here. Or, if you have the chat bar, you can find me and chat

Vasishta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:42 am

Is there going to be a plot or is it a sandbox?
ImageImage

WildSky214
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasishta on Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:58 am

There is an over-arching plot, which is the prophesied everlasting Night that no one believes in except for the Mahdi. Many of the characters in the roleplay will be connected by the words of that prophecy and forced to come together for the Great Battle. But it all depends on how the Mahdi's plans work out. Plans, as we all know, are the best jokes.

Ideally, I would like characters who have a clear idea of what they want to do in the Ethnoi. You can take up a ruler character, forget about this prophecy nonsense, and focus on reforging the ancient Empire of the Sun, to unite all the lands once again.

Vasishta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stormsoul19 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi,

How many characters are we permitted to have in this story?

Furthermore, how similar do you plan to make this to the events of Wheel of Time? Many of your plot elements and factions seem very similar, which is fine, but how authentically should we RP it?

stormsoul19
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasishta on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:39 am

stormsoul19 - A fellow WoT fan! I thought we were a dying breed :)

It is heavily inspired/influenced by Wheel of Time, as you have rightly pointed out, but it is NOT Wheel of Time. All you need to know about the plot and RP will be found here - in the roleplay introduction, or through various posts in this OOC. I am only using the WoT world to help me create the universe. Not the plots or the characters.

I have an over-arching plot, as I have mentioned earlier, but it is merely a guideline to nudge us along. Beyond that, I want strong character motivations to move the story forward. So, if you are going to play your character authentically, that's all I am looking for.

You can have any number of characters you want. I noticed your character application. I understand that she is 17 and doesn't have much of a background, but can you write something about her? It also helps me understand your writing skills if I can see two or three paragraphs about the character and their history.

Vasishta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasishta on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:57 am

UPDATE: The Introduction now has notes on religion, technology, fashion and titles

Vasishta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stormsoul19 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi

I recently got inundated with a ton of assignments from work/school, but I will redo my character application this weekend.

When are we supposed to begin posting?

Thanks for hosting this RP; it looks awesome and I am excited to be a part.

stormsoul19
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasishta on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:28 am

You can start posting almost immediately as soon as your character is approved.

I am glad to see such interest and it will be great to have you. I will wait for your updated application.

Vasishta
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!