Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Just a passing visit from a curious old man.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Just a passing visit from a curious old man.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lazarus Lab Rat on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:36 am

Greetings,

I'm Simon, a middle aged QC Chemist from England. I've been tabletop roleplaying for nearly twenty years. (Mostly Shadowrun and oWoD with a little Champions mixed in.) In 2005 I started text based roleplaying on-line and, despite being almost completely computer illiterate, became a site admin on Twisted Realities last year. You won't believe the nightmares I give my more technocapable admins.

I spotted Role Play Gateway while Googling something else and thought I'd check it out. I dont have a lot of time these days, but if time permits I'll check out some of the forums.

When I'm not roleplaying I like to watch cricket, and get depressed about the incompetence of the current England team, or read sci-fi and fantasy books.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lazarus Lab Rat
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Just a passing visit from a curious old man.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:18 am

What is a middle aged man doing here?
Gads, I thought you were all kids.

Wait, if grownups can understand this, why can't my parents?

ImageImageImageImage
(Click the eggs, and you get cake.)
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lazarus Lab Rat on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:37 am

DCLXVI wrote:What is a middle aged man doing here?
Gads, I thought you were all kids.

Wait, if grownups can understand this, why can't my parents?

This middle aged man is merely curious, and studies have shown that parents are biologically incapable of understanding anything their offspring do unless it involves chores, schoolwork, or blaming someone for the strange goo in the washing machine. :?
Last edited by Lazarus Lab Rat on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lazarus Lab Rat
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:00 am

OK...

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:03 pm

An old chemist? Well then, perhaps you could tell me how the hell the sugar makes things like The internet possible. Anyway, welcome to the site!

Roleplay Gateway is an internet site, created by the Master, to unite roleplayers with a community that supports them, and can help them in various ways. I am but one member, who focuses on this, and am involved in many role plays games, for example, but others are part of the design team, the art team, the writing teams, and so on.

However, don't be alarmed, we are here to help you with anything roleplay related.With this said, Please do not forget to Read the Rules and The RPGateway User Manual, and I am sure we will be all right. PM or IM me with any questions, and I will get to them as soon as possible. Do not forget, The way friendship works is through superior firepower.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:31 pm

Bonjour, and Welcome. ^.^

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Impossable. Middle-aged people cannot use the internet. It says so in some UN treaty somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Anyway, welcome to our forum! Have a fishy stick!
Be sure to read our rules and the user manual. If you have any questions, you can just ask right here.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!