Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Foundlings

The Foundlings

a part of “The Foundlings”, a fictional universe by supertoastgirl.

Board a train in the 1920's not everyone is telling the truth.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Foundlings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Foundlings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:59 am

The year is 1927, and the world is a booming and beautiful place. Golden necklaces and diamond rings favor women who are clad in fine fur coats. Velvet hats dance on men’s well groomed heads while their fingers fuss with new cigars. Spoiled children suck on lollipops the size of their heads, holding the hands of their mothers as they watch with wondering awe at the people who live on the streets.

It is a time of grandeur and wealth, of opportunity and change. But it is also a time of greed, secrecy, and the gritty truth.

Due to the overpopulation of New York City there is a flux of orphans. Not just orphans, but waifs, half-orphans, and the abused. Since the 1850s a program called Orphan Trains has transported thousands of unlucky children out of the East and into the Mid-West. These children are carted from town to town and shown across the country to a variety of people. Most kids end up living in large farm families, but a lucky few are plucked out to live with wealthy doctors or bankers.

The program was made in good faith and continued to blossom and provide for the children of America. However, through the roar of the early 20’s and with a change in authority, the Orphan Trains began to lose their spotless reputation. By 1925 the system was still thriving, but in its own quietly corrupt way. Children still get placed in new homes and the staff members still get paid, but the money that is supposed to circulate back into the program is stolen little by little by the supervisors and upper men. Because of this greed, the conditions on the train are unpredictable. What once was an awkward meet and greet during the adoption show has become a sort of child auction. The interior of the train cars are the surviving bits of the third original orphan train, the food is lousy or sometimes missing, and the rules of the train (and its enforcers) have grown to be strict and unforgiving.

Here on the Malcolm Train, the fifth and last train on the program, comes a story of interest. Tension is rising between the staff members and deception is lurking at every corner.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: The Foundlings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Toxic Cereus on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:18 am

Oh my! I love the 1920's. It's probably my favorite time period. I must join xP
May I reserve the nurse?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Toxic Cereus
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarCoatedVanilla on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:08 pm

I think I may have fallen in love with this roleplay! I was wondering fi I would possibly be able to snatch up the Infant Caregiver?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
"I won't give up on us...Even if the skies get rough. I'm giving you all my...love."

SugarCoatedVanilla
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Aw, I'm so glad you guys are interested! Both spots are reserved! Please remember that a WIP should be submitted in 24 hours.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:40 pm

May I reserve the teacher (or if the nurse becomes available her?) :P

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Go for it, boo boo. Also, I cleaned up the character sheet a bit. Feel free to make your sheets are beautiful as you want.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Augustinsect on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Ooh, I'm really digging this rp. I'd love a shot at the Agent, if that's alright. Anything for an excuse to gif hunt Jude Law's beautiful face for at least an hour :P
Cheers!
- AI

Augustinsect
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Oh yes. He is reserved for you!

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarCoatedVanilla on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Im nearly finished with The Caregiver. If I have time I was thinking about making Tilly a profile! If I can that'll be cool! Im using Heather Michele O'Rourke as her face claim? Let me know if its good or bad!

SugarCoatedVanilla
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:39 am

Thank you for the nightmares Vanilas! O________O;;

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:40 am

August, please go ahead.

Sugar, I did say that the kids were up for grabs so go ahead and make a character sheet if you want.

Things are looking good everyone, though I won't be accepting any sheets until they are completely finished. Also remember that the roles are competitive, that means your sheet is like an audition and should be the best of your ability, and that someone else can very well reserve the same character.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Augustinsect on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:19 am

Alrighty, my character's up. Let me know what you think :)

Augustinsect
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:39 am

Aw, great sheet August. Everyone, Harry McKee has been accepted!

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Congratulations August! Florence should be completed tonight!

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MinorSeventh on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:52 pm

may I get in on this Cook action?

MinorSeventh
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Augustinsect on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks guys!!!

Augustinsect
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Minor, you sly devil, the cook is reserved for you.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Toxic Cereus on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Howdy! Finally finished my character, Katherine. Hopefully she's to your liking, and if anyone wants to set up some relationship ideas with me, I'd be glad to entertain :)

The Toxic Cereus
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 pm

Florence has been completed!

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:02 am

Both characters look fabulous. Florence Hann and Katherine Margo have been accepted.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!