Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sexuality and Its Nuances

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Sexuality and Its Nuances

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:23 pm

Lately there been a lot of discussion around the internet regarding sexuality of people and how they identify. At times they can come across convoluted or absurd, but there are certain ones everyone accepts at a most. Asexual, Pansexual, Bisexual, Gay/Lesbian and I argue for Sapiosexual (you are turned on by intelligence.) Regarding this do you think that these classifications are enough or is it as some argue, sexuality is a spectrum, much like gender?
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Sexuality and Its Nuances

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mord on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

As with many things, there is often a spectrum involved. This spectrum may be direct, or the subject may be connected to the spectrum in some way, even if they aren't a concept of the spectrum. Whether or not sexuality comes from the hormones your mother had when you were born, to some predestined fate, to a simple choose, could simply be wholly dependent on the person. As an intellectual, I believe that, as long as there is something new, it needs a name. If it exists, why not give it a name? If there is something new, why not define it? Clearly, that's the logical thing to do. You can ignore what exists, but you can't remove its name, for everything has a name. Sexuality is not conceptual. It is real. It is a major demographic. A person's sexuality, however, does not change their personality, as many think. It is something normal, completely natural. I believe that nearly every kind of sexuality can be found in nature, except for those requiring higher amounts of cognitive power (some things to do with sexuality, contrary to popular belief, actually require a human brain to achieve.). Homosexuality, for instance, can be found in nature, and you can find animals that physically change their gender (if you want to get into the whole gender debate, that's fine, as some people see the T in LGBTQIA+ to be a sexuality), and, thus, deserves a name.

What do you guys believe?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mord
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Sexuality and Its Nuances

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:08 pm

I have an issue with people who identify as "sapiosexual" as in this incidence intelligence is determined subjectively. I would rather recoin the term as "pseudosapiosexual" for being turned on by people who appear to be intelligent.

Mord, if I were you, I'd be careful about calling yourself "an intellectual". There is a vast difference between being intelligent and being knowledgeable. One comes from processing and the other from experience.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!