Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Down in the Earth OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Down in the Earth OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:37 pm

In 1872, twenty-three miners set out from Silverton, Colorado to Twilight Peak in the San Juan Mountains. They soon found a vain of silver, leading deep into the mountain’s heart. By July of 1874, another ten miners had joined them and the mining shafts ran deep and down. One day, as the miners were drilling holes, for blasting, they broke into a series of tunnels, leading down. Thirty-two of the miners came to investigate, with the thirty-third having gone to get supplies.

Two days later, the thirty-third miner returned to their camp outside the mine. After unloading the mules of their supply packs, he began to wonder about the lack of his fellows, As the sounds of mining men at work did not echoed from the mine and there wasn’t a soul in the camp, even the big Italian Mastiff was missing. After a search of the surrounding woods and the mine, all that the last miner could find was the opening to the tunnels and a spot in the sand of the tunnel where it looked like something was dragged.

Concerned for his fellows, the miner, named Coroy Byrne, returned to Silverton and began looking for a search party.

Alright, this rp is kinda based off of Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne and no we won’t be going to the same place. In the book, it’s a cavern under Europe, I’m going to say for this rp, that there is a second cavern under North America and Asia. SO you’ll be playing a character that’s going along with Coroy to find out just what happened to the other miners.

Character profiles

Name

Appearance

Gear

Background (short or long)

Mine

Name: Coroy Byrne

Appearance: Coroy is kinda small for a miner, standing 5’9” and having a lean body build. His hair is a light brown, cut short with a Franz-Jonef style moustache and sideburns. He dresses in a red shirt, patch blue pants and brown boots.

Gear: Miner's pick, Spencer carbine, Remington model 1858 revolver (metallic cartridge conversion)

Background (short or long): Coroy was born on the voyage to California in 1848 and spend most of his early years helping his father work his small claim. In 1861, he joined a band of young men heading east to join the Union army. They all ended up in the 123ed Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment, with the 15 year old Coroy as a drummer. During the Battle of Selma, in 1865, Coroy picked up a Spencer carbine and Remington model 1858 revolver and joined in the fighting. After the American Civil War, he kept the guns and headed for Colorado.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Down in the Earth OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Name: Ita "Ginny" McGinness
Nationality: Irish
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Appearance: Medium height and attention catching build, with very Irish red hair and bright green eyes. She has very fair skin. She burns easily, so she nearly always wears a hat and long sleeve shirts to prevent crisping. Despite her (soon to be described) personality, she has a reputation as a heart-melter with her sweetly Irish face.
Personality: Quick to temper, and not one to trifle with. Ginny has a strong sense of right and wrong...and often stretches it for 'special' cases. She is also a shameless flirt.
Bio: After her mother died, Ginny was raised in part by her father and five older brothers, and, as one may expect, grew up slightly less feminine than her dead mother may have wished for. She spent her younger years helping the family in the potato growing business. But when two of her brothers decided to head off in a slightly more lucrative direction, she bullied them into taking her along. The three spent a few years wandering around picking up bounties, but decided to go their separate ways as the result of some sort of family skirmish. She doesn't like discussing it, so don't ask. She might hit you. Now, with a more than average ability to shoot things, Ginny drifts from town to town picking up bounties. The most important thing to her for the time being is pay day, but perhaps with the right inspiration she may change her priorities.
Gear: Four revolvers, two rifles, six knives of varying sizes, a whip, flints, two canteens, a small cookery set, spare rope and quite a few spare bullets.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:34 pm

Sweet! Irish Wolf, you sure have some cool ideas!

Also, it was a pain (though kind of fun) researching the weaponry available during the Civil War...
Mostly because I try to be realistic :D

Name: William Fowler Jr.

Appearance: Tall and leanly muscular, with short brown hair and bright blue eyes. Wears a flannel shirt, denim trousers, and leather boots.

Gear: Sharps 1863 Military Carbine and Colt Army .44 caliber six shot single action revolver

Background: The son of William Fowler senior, he and his father own and manage the general store in Silverton. His father fought for the Union in the Civil War, and was a member of the unit known as Brendan's Sharpshooters, which is where he got the carbine (they were the only regiment that were issued the gun, though other soldiers could buy them)

After the war Fowler and son moved to Silverton and set up a general store. William Jr often practices with his father's guns, and is restless, not entirely content with the prospect of running his father's General store.

Surreal
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:42 pm

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:06 pm

I have to get off now, but I'll probably be able to post around 4 - 5:00pm tomorrow. (It's about 8:00pm right now)

This looks great! See you tomorrow!

Surreal
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm going to have to get off now, but please save me a space. I'd really like to be part of this.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:29 pm

sure mate

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 am

Name: Joshua Harris
Appearance: Tall and sturdy, Joshua is the quintessential image of a mountaineer. He wears your average ensemble of flannel (shirts), denim (trousers), and leather (boots). He also sports a red bandana, which keeps his long black hair out of his eyes. His most distinguishing feature, however, is the scar across his right eye, gotten in a fight with a grizzly bear.
Gear: Remington Model 1858 .36 revolver (no conversion), James Black pattern Bowie Knife, travel rations and supplies (I'm too lazy to list them all), various small hidden weapons (more info on these to be revealed as the roleplay gets underway.)
Background: Joshua was a soldier in the civil war (he won't say what side), but was dishonorably discharged after it was found out that he was looting the corpses of his fallen comrades and selling their belongings. For several years he just up and disappeared, only to show back up older, but none the wiser. For several years he traveled around with a circus as a knife thrower, but got bored with that and moved on. Now he pretty much works wherever he can, doing whatever he can. Lately, however, he's been working as a guide for people traveling through the mountains. (more to be revealed in the roleplay.)

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:13 pm

((Just a quick historical note. You cannot get drunk off of the Sarsaparilla (which is how the drink's really pronounced). Basically, the one they made back then was nothing more than a (to quote wikipedia) "birchy" tasting root beer.))

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:26 pm

((Forgive me, I haven't read the book since I was eleven. XD))

Name: Warren James Dickinson

Appearance: A man standing at 6'3", with very tanned skin. He has dark brown hair, and a thick moustache.

Gear: Basic Musket, Basic Provisions, tine plate, tin cup, and bayonet.

Background: Born and raised in Alabama, he signed on with the ACSA when the war broke out. After the Confederates lost, he packed up his family and headed west, cheap land, and probable riches were a great lure, as was the possiblily of a new life. Upon arriving, he found work as a miner and a freelancer.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!