Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Possibly Pirates: The Ancient Brotherhood

a topic in Possibly Pirates, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Possibly Pirates: The Ancient Brotherhood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:31 pm

Myriam simply smiled, missing any sign that her lack of judgment of the man's position had angered him. She was a mere common woman, how should she know all of the intricate details of Naval positions? And aside from that, had the port master neglected to inform the gentlemen on the fine Naval ship of her reasons for being where she was? Apparently not. Bowing her head politely, she answered his unusual question with an almost embarrassed response.

"Indeed, sir, it may seem strange. And I've plenty of male relatives, but none either available to accompany me or...well, the sort of gentleman that would make a decent companion for a young lady. But I was needed, so I came, and now I am most eager to return to my home and resume my regular duties." This was the most polite and concise answer she could come up with on the spot, but it struck her as decent enough.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:31 pm

"I see Ma'am" said Brayden, "Then we will have to make sure you are assigned a chaperon while your on board, as it is improper to let a young lady like yourself to be wandering around the ship, with it out to sea and filled with sailors missing their bed companions."

Brayden looked up at the ruckus being caused further on in the port and frowned. How many sailors would he and the rest of the marines have to pull out of taverns and jails this time? though he might not have to go to the jails, t seem there were no town guards or any of the local army garrison down on the water edge to keep order.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Aslin bound from roof to roof. All of a sudden one of the men jumped infront of her. Not wanting to stop at all as she needed to get her Sloop out of Port Royal, Aslin kept on running. The man held his sword before him ready to hit her. Just as she came within distance, she pulled out her trusty sword and swung it. The two swords clashed but before the man could react to her next move, she used the hilt of her sword to bang his head. He was knocked out cold and fell down into a muddy puddle. She sheathed her sword and gave out a low whistle that carried over the noise of the crowd. It was her signal to her crew to prepare the Poseidon for sail.
They had no time to spare.

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Erskine was busy talking to some of the officers when glanced up at the marine he had sent to talk to the young woman on deck. The Colour Sergeant was looking further up the dock. Allowing is eyes to trace where the marine was looking Captain McTammany spotted what appeared to be a ruckus.

A snarl erupted from him, as he shouted, “I want order on the dock…pipe the colors and get the marines to restore now Lt. Colonel, we have royalty on that dock!” Turning as the boatswain piped, he strode off the deck, making his way towards, the girl he assumed was Lady Myriam.

“Colour Sergeant I want order on this dock now! Lady Myriam I apologize for such distastefulness. I am Captain Erskine McTammany at your service milady.” Erskine said as he bowed before the woman, removing his bicorn hat. The heavily powdered wig left ringlets of quickly dispersing white puffs in the air during the bow.

Erskine smiled briefly as some marines jogged by to join the Colour Sergeant in restoring order at the other end, looking at the beauty before him; he also knew he would have a serious issue aboard ship at sea.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:14 pm

"Of course, sir. As you say. I wouldn't want to cause any sort of trouble aboard your fine vessel." Myriam said, nodding in agreement as eagerly as appropriate.

“Colour Sergeant I want order on this dock now! Lady Myriam I apologize for such distastefulness. I am Captain Erskine McTammany at your service milady.” Erskine said as he bowed before the woman, removing his bicorn hat. The heavily powdered wig left ringlets of quickly dispersing white puffs in the air during the bow.

Myriam straightened importantly, her cheeks flushing as the captain himself spoke to her. What an honor! Of course, he was apologizing for his upcoming ignoring of her, but it was an honor nonetheless. She looked in the direction that both the captain and the Sergeant were gazing, and frowned as she saw some sort of craziness...there was an individual running around on the rooftops of Port Royal. This was such a madhouse! Her room in the inn had looked like a battle had raged in it...and now there were nutters running about on the rooftops.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:32 pm

"I will draw a roster for those fit to do the duty" said Brayden, as the captain's words filtered into his ears and the captain himself drew closer. "Yes Sir" he said, turning and giving Captain Erskine McTammany a sharp salute. Royal marines poured off the ship and onto the deck. Brayden unslung his Brown Bess and fitted the seventeen inch long bayonet on the barrel.

"Come on you lot" roared Brayden, using the voice only a sergeant can have, "Clear the dogs from the street. Sergeant Hobb, follow those nutters on the roof and arrest them. We fill the jail today boys."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Aslin heard a loud bark from behind. She groaned. They had noticed the commotion. She calmed herself down by reasoning that they may not know that one of the pirates was involved in the ruckus. SHe carried on running, her sword tucked away. She sped up, leaping from roof to roof. She was slowly losing Faran and his men. Some were stopping out of exhaustion and not many were nimble and quick enough to follow her on the roof.
But the men from the ship were now coming to investigate the fight and Aslin did not want to be caught. She lept from a low roof and onto the ground. Looking back, no one was following her- yet. She moved through the darker alleys towards her Sloop.

She entered the graveyard and reached the end. There, partially hidden by the high walls and tall trees, was Aslin's pride and joy. She ran towards Poseidon and climbed on deck where her trusty crew was ready to sail. Her quartermate Mo (short for Modarth) awaited her at the front. "Capt'in we're ready to sail" he reported.

"Then let's move quick" she commanded everyone. She took a final look at the graveyard not seeing anyone who may have followed her and moved to assist her crew.

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Capt. McTammany looked at the King's niece, she was pretty but disguised as a commoner seemed to enhance her natural beauty, "I apologize dear lady for such unpleasantness, I assure you order will be restored. Come let us adjourn to the ship and I shall show you your room. I am sure we can post Marines to ensure your privacy once this mess is handled."

Erskine stepped towards her and extended an arm to her, waiting for her to take his offer. As he did he frowned slightly, "Milady? Are you alone upon this deck?" The tromping foot falls of the marines rushing behind the Colour Sergeant seemed to distract him a moment as his eyes flickered towards the end of the pier.

After a moment Erskine seemed to have forgotten his question, "Come dear lady shall we board the ship and have a spot of breakfast? Please."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Myriam could only nod, a slight blush rising to her cheeks as she accepted the Captain's arm. She, too, watched as his men rushed over to restore order. Oh, how tired she was of ruckus and running. The family shame seemed to follow her wherever she went! For all she knew the culprit disrupting the peace at that very moment was a member of her extended family. But she tried to put this thought behind her, offering a grateful curtsy as she was led on board the splendorous vessel.

"I would be most honored, sir. And I thank you from the humblest depths of my heart for your show of gentlemanly aid on my behalf. I'll be sure to stay out of your way during the trip," She spoke as eloquently as she had ever been taught, using the tone that was neither too loud to be humble nor too soft to be heard, just as she had been taught in her youth.

Upon seeing the ship, a softly delighted smile lit upon her face. Truly, an example to Naval crews all around. "If I may be so bold, sir, your craft appears to be in remarkable order!"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Sergeant Hobb as his squad started after those runners on the roof but were held up by the crowd on the ground. They had to beat their way through, leaving several bystanders lying on the street with cracked skulls.

Colour Sergeant Brayden Kemp and the rest of the royal marines grabbed or beat down any rough looking bystander on the street. Brayden himself cracked a few skulls and forced marched five persons to the city jail at bayonet point. The other marines acquired around fifty people in total and hauled them off to jail. The local street toughs that hadn’t been rounded up, fled into the dark alleys when the small marine marched past, quaking.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:03 am

Aslin stood at the wheel with Mo. "We're headin' for the point," she turned to Mo, "There will be no change in plan. I know the crew wants to make a stop but that's out of the question." Mo simply looked right back at her.
Mo was a tall man, the same height as Aslin. He was a very handsome man and looked threatening. As a child, Aslin had always thought that Mo would become the Captain after her father but as she grew up, she realised why Mo could never become the Captain. Mo was simply and nicely put, more of a follower. He was not one to make decisions of his own. He had been the first one who had pledged his loyalty to Aslin the day of her father's announcement that she become the Captain.

Mo nodded his head at Aslin's decision and went down to pass the message to the rest of the crew. Aslin plucked her hat of her head and placed it atop the wheel. She held the wheel lightly. The weather was fine and the Sloop was sailing smoothly, cutting through the water. The wind was strong and Aslin hoped that it would remain so. They had to get to the point to warn the other Captains. They had to stand united instead of scattered all about the seas for it would be easier to be attacked. Lord knew how many ships they had already taken down.

Her stoic face gazed out at the waters, void of any land, that lay before the sloop. The faster they reached the point the better their chance of surviving.

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat May 10, 2008 9:18 pm

The dawn rose early. The ruckus from the previous day had done little to dampen the spirits of the crew aboard the HMS Rising Dawn, as the day had passed into night the crew enjoyed their day of leave. During that time Captain McTammany studied the maps before him, he had two tasks. One was to return the King's Niece to England in one piece and the other to range against the Ancient Brotherhood.

As the night wore on, Erskine narrowed his eyes, he would do both, he would make sail for England, however he would sail along a route that was bound to take him in contact with the pirates whom he hunted. Writing down in his diary he quickly absolved his officers of any knowledge, if something terrible should occur he would assume the mantle of blame alone.

With a few hours before down he spoke quietly to the lad who would helm the ship, after it was done he passed word to the marines to roust the crew in three hours and return them to the ship. They would sail at first light and let the winds carry them towards their destiny.

After that was done, Captain McTammany crawled into his hard bed and caught a what fitful sleep he could. He was thrilled he was tasked with carrying the Royal lady home, however the Admiralty had tasked him with stopping the scourge of the seas and thus far he had killed several vessels. The true prizes, the core ships of the ancient brotherhood had escaped him thus far. Perhaps they would have a spot of luck on their return cruise, perhaps God would grant him dual honors when he returned to England.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Fri May 30, 2008 1:44 am

Aslin moved about the deck all day, either commanding her crew or manning the wheel herself. Throughout the entire day, she was distracted, her thoughts running to the ship; Rising Dawn. Everytime she heard a change in the wind, Aslin would look to the horizon, half expecting the Rising Dawn to appear. She had not told her crew why they were heading for the point as she knew some of them would panic. Not even Mo knew the reason.

She had decided that keeping the information from them was for the best. Thankfully her crew trusted her and did not go against her decision. However, they all suspected they were running from something as it was obvious they're Captain was slightly anxious.

Light gave away as night came, casting their surroundings into complete darkness. The moon's reflection was the only light, forming a glowing path on the waters. Ensuring that there were a few keeping watch, Aslin went into her cabin and sat on the edge of her bed. Leaning back, Aslin was tempted to let out a shout of fustration. She had to find a way to avoid that damn ship while getting back to the point. As she tired to formulate a plan, sleep overcame her.

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:23 am

A lone gull glided on the ever moving wind currents of the sea. The small bird floated along gracefully, as a gull goes, silhouetted against the midnight sky. The moon and stars peaked out faintly through a thick fog bank like little bug flitting about. Everything looked peaceful enough but a sense of fear emanated throughout the fog bank.

The gull called out in fear and floated away into the night as the shadowy form of a ship slipped out of the gray, soupy, fog. All lights were doused on the vessel, all sails down, not a soul stirred. The vessel was the Olympiad a war vessel of the crown. Upon the deck of the vessel men and boys sat quietly fear coursing through their veins waiting, hoping, and praying for relief.

Someone was hunting them; the dark vessel had picked up their trail two days ago and followed them ever since biding its time waiting to strike. With dismay the sailors of the Olympiad had watched the fog bank ahead of them form day by day. As they slipped into the thick mass the dark vessel had put on full sail and sped to over take them. Now they could only pray they avoided the vessel or spotted it first.

A flash! Was it a lantern? The British men stirred tensely waiting. A deep whirring sound much like a tornado betrayed the flash. It was chain shot! It had only been one shot, but it tore into the side of the boat with a horrendous crash. Their position had been given away; the fog bank lit up....a voice called out on the Olympiad stirring the men to action, soon the vessels guns fired back blindly in retaliation.

A black vessel broke the fog to their starboard side its sails billowed, its crew wild eyed, its captain a fierce statue on the forecastle laughing maniacally as the guns below him bellowed raining death on the Olympiad. The captain of the Olympiad caught sight of a golden flash in the maniacs hand before a bullet took his life. The Olympiad had been captured.
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!