Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rated R for a Reason [Oo! Come join!]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Rated R for a Reason [Oo! Come join!]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starlight.days on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:59 am

Image <-- Yay! This is my first role-play that I'm starting on this site, so feedback will be extra appreciated. :)

Fifteen almost sixteen year old Christie Carter never understood why her parents were so up-tight. All of her friend's parents were letting them go to the midnight premier of the best horror film to be realsed in a decade! So what if it's rated R? Isn't that a minor detail? Christie is so mad at her parents for making her stay home for this grand event, that she decides to sneak out anyway and go with her friends to see the movie. At first, everything is so fun and exciting. Christie can't believe that she got away with breaking the rules and is eager to do it again! But it's after the movie when things start to get... odd.

The horror film in question is absolutely terrifying. Vampires and werewolves ramapage across the big screen, killing off innocent humans and making the audience scream. But still, it's just a movie, Christie and her friends think. When the closing credits are rolling and the theater lights come back on, something out of the ordinary happens.It is about three in the morning by the time Christie and her friends start the walk home. Of course they are a little jumpy at the thought of walking home in the dark after seeing this movie, but it is more than that that is making them uneasy.

As the teens turn down a back alley to take a shortcut home, something jumps out at them! As they run through the dark, deserted streets, Christie pieces together the strange truth of what happened. The werewolves and vampires in the movie have left the bigscreen. In fact, they have left the world of the movie maker's imagination completely! The terrifying monsters are alive and very much real. They are hungry, and the new world they have been brought into is full of new places to take over.

-------------

So yeah, this idea has been in my head for a while now. I'll add more and update later. Like always, if you join you get chocolate cake. Hehee.

If you are going to join, please fill out this form:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:

Name: Christie
Race: Human
Personality: Christie usually isn't the type of person who breaks the rules. Generally, she is the good girl. She has hardly been grounded in her whole life, and she recieves very good grades at school. People know her as the girl who is a good, loyal friend and can be depended on for almost anything. When she sneaks out, she is scared that she will get caught, but she then relaxes and just lets herself have a good time. When she finally figures out what has happened, she is left wishing that she had stayed home after all.
Appearance: Christie is average height. Her hair is to her shoulders in a straight cut, and it is chocolate brown. She is on the swim team, so she is in good shape. Her eyes are large, and also dark brown.

[IC- rated-for-reason-t9978.html ]
Last edited by starlight.days on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

starlight.days
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Rated R for a Reason [Oo! Come join!]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animchicita13 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Name: Jackie
Race: Vampire (( MUAHAHAHA!!! ))
Personality: (( Comes out in story, but... )) A good Vampire that is keeping her race secret.
Appearance: (( My FAV pic!! )) http://www.xoospace.com/myspace/backgrounds/29425.jpg

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

animchicita13
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:51 pm

~Skeleton~

Name;; Kurt Cassidy
Gender;; Male
Race;; Vampire
Personality;; Kurt was turned into a vampire as a young boy. He is now sixteen and angry at the world for what he has become. When he finds himself in a completely new place, he is confused and at first afraid but quickly realizes that this is just another hectic turn in his life. Kurt kills and feeds cleanly and with honour, and he is always serious. He seldom tortures his victims but he does kill when he feeds and he doesn't feel any remorse.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:56 pm

What the heck. I'm in. Although the "came out of the movie" thing is a little corny. However, it opens up possibilities: MAIN ANTAGONIST

Name: Luciphor Lee
Race: vampire
Personality: Luciphor was the main villain in the movie, who killed the hero's girlfriend and all that rot. He's an elitist, even among other vampires, and is nearly impossible to put up with. And he's a computer whiz.
Appearance: Short, with long black hair in a ponytail. He's got dark blue glasses, and a pointed nose. He's very thin, and usually wears street clothes, but all black. No tattoos. No piercings.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Name: Catalina (Cat) Ferrara
Race: Human
Personality: Catalina is one of Christie's wilder friends, but she didn't meet her until high school, because she was born in Barcelona, Spain, and didn't come to this town until she was fourteen. Hardly anything scared her before she came to see the film, because she'd been raised on horror films when she was younger. She's the type of girl who's constantly in trouble in school, and she's very stubborn. Since discovering the movie has become reality, she's hidden her fear behind a brave and violent mask, but underneath she's as scared as everyone else.
Appearance:

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starlight.days on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Yay! Thanks for joining, everyone. I'l start the IC thread as soon as I get back from babysitting.

starlight.days
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:31 pm

This is the first time i try this :D

Name) Nicholas Anderson
Gender) Male
Race) Human

Personality) Nicholas Anderson is a very religious person, he is kind to those he meets during the day, and is generally very generous. But when dawn comes, he prepares himself with silver bullets, knifes, and stakes, for every night he drives through the streets listening for anything that might be the work of the undead.

Appearance) Day: relaxed casual clothes. Night: he wears a thick jacket with many pockets, so he can hide his weapons, good running shoes, leader gloves, a typical inquisitor hat, and a black cloth to hide his face. He has a tattoo, VH, for Vampire Hunter, and he has an ear ring formed as a cross in his left ear, which he wears during the night, he also has a lot of crosses painted on his jacket to keep the vampires away.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:41 pm

*cough cough*

We're all on board with the fact that bullets made of solid silver wouldn't actually work in the real world, right? If you tried to fire a silver slug out of a normal gun, the bullet would turn into mush, ruining the gun.
And the plural of knife is knives.

Starlight, are you going on the fact that anything remotely symbolic of the Christian religion is anathema to the living dead?
(Is that the right word for that?)

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starlight.days on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:57 pm

Acutally, I should have made the rules of the vampires clearer in my first post. I'll put it here, but then I'll add it to the first post when I get the time.

Okay, have any of you read any of the Twilight series? I usually go along with the general rules in those books for my role- plays, but if you haven't, then I'll just post them here.

To destroy a vampire, the only way to do it is to burn them at stake or rip them into tiny pieces. (heeheee, violent). Vampires are not repeled by garlic, crosses, holy water etc. (so you might want to edit your profile, Saxious). Vampires are extrememly strong with enchanced senses. Sunlight will slowly kill a vampire, but it will not make them die instantly. Vampires do not eat human food, they live only on blood and animal meat. It is possible for a vampire to be a 'vegetarian' (meaning they don't kill humans) but only if they make up for the lack of human blood in their diet with animal blood.

Does that cover everything? If not, then please say so.

starlight.days
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:32 pm

One of these days, I'm going to make an RP with vampires based on Dracula, not Twilight.

But I like Twilight vampires. Harder to kill.

>.>
<.<

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starlight.days on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:21 pm

Yeah, I was just in a Twilight mood because I just finished Breaking Dawn yesterday. I think I like the vampire rules that go along with Twilight even though I didn't like the books themselves that much.

starlight.days
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animchicita13 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:47 am

I read the whole Twilight series about..... Oh maybe..... 3 times? I own all the books except for the first. I'm obsessed! ^-^ Except I thought that in Twilight they don't die in the sun, they just like, sparkle and stuff. Hm... I might be wrong. ANYWAYS, is the IC thread up?

animchicita13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alessa Gillespie on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:36 am

Name:Megan
Race:Human
Personality:Megan is a quiet, shy emo girl who loves movies and books about vampires and werewolves.She recently went to see the new movie about them, and, shortly after, noticed them in real life and is now terrified of them.
Appearance:http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/yours__mine___ours/miranda_cosgrove/yoursmine1.jpg
"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"

Alessa Gillespie
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starlight.days on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Accepted. But do you think, Alessa, that you could add some more content to your character's personality? Thanks.

No, the IC thread is not up. I will post a link to it when it is. And I'm not really sure which catagory it should go in. What do you guys think? I mean, it has fantasy creatures and stuff, but it takes place in the realistic world. So I'm not sure where to put it.

Yeah, in Twilight the sun doesn't kill them, it makes them sparkly. Frankly, I hate the idea of sparkly vampires, so in this RP the sun will kill them. Oh yeah, off topic-ness, but have you read Breaking Dawn yet?

starlight.days
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:57 pm

If that's the case, you should put it in Everything Else, I think

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animchicita13 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Sha!! I own it!! As in I have a copy.....

animchicita13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starlight.days on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Okay! I'll start up of IC thread in the Everything Else section in just a minute! :)

Did you think it was good?

starlight.days
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jewelcast on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:10 pm

I wanna join too! :D

Name: Shelka
Race: Werewolf
Personality: Shelka is quiet for her kind, wielding little power, but with a personality that could bring her to the top one day. She knows that as a female, she will always have the disadvantage in some questions of authority amongst werewolves, but if she makes the right connections, she knows that she could do great things. With the entirity of a new world open, she desires to press her ability to make alliances even amongst those not of her kind, and is convinced that humans, werewolves and vampires can co-exist peacefully. That is not to say that she doesn't think humans aren't food. Beneath her intelligent exterior, Shelka possesses all the blood-rage and ferocity of any werewolf. Whilst she remains in human form, she is a fairly reasonable person. When in her more natural forms, however, she is inclined to outbursts of sudden, uncontrollable rage.
Appearance: As a human, she strikes quite an imposing figure, as she is fit andher muscles are highly toned. She has grey eyes and short brown hair mingled with dark grey. The grey is not the dead colour of old age, as she looks to be only in her mid-twenties, but looks as alive as any other hair. She is fairly attractive, but smells faintly of wet dog and has a somewhat wild look to her. As a wolf-person, she is slight for her kind, with fur the same colour as her human hair.
Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elghinn dal lil alust.

Jewelcast
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Megan stopped running and walked into an alleyway backwards into an alleyway.She turned around and noticed a man looking at her."Um, hi.I'll just be going now."She walked backwards at a slow pace, out of the alley.

She began to walk home again.She thought the man might be following her.She was very superstitious, so she thought he might be a vampire or something, or a predator.She turned around and said"GO AWAY!"

She started running again and this time she didn't stop.She was scared to death.She had to get home and fast before that man could catch her.

Eh?
Heh heh, no AGE part on the character skellie...
Lou's like, 17, 18, something in there.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starlight.days on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 pm

jewelcast, you are accepted! :)
Yay! I think you are the first werewolf to join!

starlight.days
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!