Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Introduction

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 am

"lol!"

OK, I s'pose that one has been pulled before... Anyway;

Yo, as the username suggests, I go by "Kestrel". It's a relatively new alias of mine though. I'm 19, Dutch and hoping to start a psychology course soon. On the one hand, I'm rather laid-back but on the other also a passionate writer, which usually results into people on teh interwebz getting a completely wrong image of me. Sugarcoating is passé.

General interests; drawn art, literature, philosophy, women, cabaret, music, games, clubbing, forum whoring, etc.

As for RP'ing, I forgot when I actually started doing so... If story collaborations count, that'd be where I began this little hobby. I've been writing since I was eleven or so, with the most wonderful invention of Pokémon! Like many other kids I'd make up stories for Ash and Pikachu, create new Pokémon, etc. Oh the horror of it all. From there it evolved however (and thank God!) Pokémon is the only fan fiction I ever wrote. My writing started to focus more on the creation of new worlds and creatures inside of them and from this period I still get a lot of inspiration. Nowadays I'm still busy with creating worlds and species, alternative time lines, wicked theories for physics, etc. In RP'ing however I refrain from doing this too much, knowing that I can get carried away and many of my 'wicked characters' have a hard time fitting in.

Instead, much of my RP-writing evolves around character interactions and a lot of reflection. In the event I fight in an RP, the focus is strategy and in PvP situations I tend to play the dominating role rather than the go-with-the-flow one. I find a solid defence very important and prefer pure strength to speed. So for all you ninja-fans out there; NO!

Checked spelling and grammar, proofread the entire thing, all that's left is to hit the submit button!
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:05 am

umm hello ??? !!!!
join the development team:

development-team-recruting-now-t9256.html
________________________________________________________________________________

i went to war to serve my lord .

general kane the man who saved earth.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

general kane
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 am

Sheesh. This is the most thought out introduction I've seen thus far. Congratulations *gives an entire plate of cookies* =3

Judging from the way you prefer to write, I'd guess that you enjoy fantasy-based RP? There's quite a bite of those around here. Anywho, welcome to RPG, and I hope to run into you sometime, be it on the boards or in a role play. =3
(12:17:45) RoxYRosE: And you did. Crim is not a liar... ask her if I said what you said I said. I bet she says what I think she'll say.

ImageImage

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:21 am

Cloaked Schemer;
Most of it is c/p really, you get to do that if you roam teh interwebz ;p

As for fantasy role plays;
Description wrote:in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic)

To be frankly honest, I have developed a strong disliking towards elves and dwarves, half-breeds and recently also dragons. In fact I've written this little article a while ago (although I need to translate it into English, or potentially interested people on need to learn Dutch and figure out how to read my handwriting :x) about why I think it's important people don't become rip-off-artists.

I can't really pick a style to define my preferences, as I tend to try out different things.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:43 am

humm ill call u falcon , i have some rps in the development want to be inolved ?

general kane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Ahh, I see. I really don't like fantasy at all; just not my cup of tea. I also grow weary of the constant "zOMG vampire HIGHSKOOL every1!!!" role plays. -_-

Anywho, this place has quite a bit to offer. Role plays of just about any influence, really.

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:47 pm

general kane, Kestrel will have to do, because I probably won't respond to 'falcon'.

Cloaked Schemer, *cough*twilight*cough*lucky star*cough*, I quit understanding trends ages ago...

I was actually planning to set up a little RP of my own over here, although I think I'm going to look for someone interested to assist/guide me first, because my GM-experience is virtually non-existent. As for potentially interested people, it will be in a prehistoric setting, featuring animal-like races about which I'll post more info when I make the topic.

EDIT: If interested in the above, this is my "please help me-topic"
Last edited by Kestrel on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:49 pm

humm k .

general kane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Lawl @ kane.

Anywho. I can't wrap my head around the Twilight obsession. I personally thought it was horribly written and trashy... heh.

I'd help you, but my GM experience is also lacking. ^^;

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!