Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest Check (vague plot)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

What do you think?

Love it
25%
Pretty okay
50%
Stupidest idea I've ever heard of
No votes
Waaay to cliche for me, man
25%

Total votes : 12

Interest Check (vague plot)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Well, I've got a little plot idea.

Tension between two rival gangs has recently been through the roof, and a few days ago an all-out battle broke out. The head families of the two gangs stay mostly out of harm's way, safe out of sight. But one of the gangs has had enough of this. They send their best man to kidnap the young daughter of the rival gang leader: a sweet little blonde who really has absolutely nothing to do with the fighting at all--in fact, she's quietly opposed to it.
But here she is, stuck in the hands of this man, who actually is quite taken with the darling little thing. He knows this is against the rules, and so does she. And aside from that, she has her own little secret that is keeping her from giving in to her strong, dashing captor. But we won't give that away just yet.
What are we going to do with these two lovestruck rivals? Whatever will they do?
That's your job as the roleplayer.

That's the plot, guys. I would really really love to be the blonde, but it doesn't matter. It would just work out that way, because of her secret thing, that only I know. XD I haven't even decided what the secret is yet; it's one of two things. XD Maybe both. Maybe she has two secrets. I haven't decided.

Kk, so what do you guys think?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Interest Check (vague plot)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:18 pm

I normally stick to the fantasy genre, but I might venture out of my comfort zone for something like this.

A question, though: would it take place in any particular city, or just "Megatropolis, Capital of Vagueland."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Indomitus on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:49 pm

i'm one of hte people that voted "waaay too cliche" (i'm blunt sue me and go [censored]) but I would take an interest in the RP if I'm just like a side character. Some thug on the side <.< >.> or someone attempting to kill both lovers lol.
Some things are far worse then those that go bump in the night.
The things that don't.

Indomitus
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 am

Thank you for your honesty there, Idomitus. There are multiple "thug-on-the-side" type characters, and the blonde's brother will make an appearance later, but he might end up being a pretty big role.

Alchemist, we can put it in any city you want. We can even go so far as to put it in New York, call the gangs the Sharks and the Jets, and name our blonde Maria. XD But we don't have to. It can be in Megatropolis, Capital of Vageuland if we want it to be. It's just wherever. I don't really think the name of the city is important.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driney on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:26 am

That's just what I was thinking when I read the beginning. The Maria and the Sharks and the Jets I mean. This sound interesting but a little out of my weird comfort zone.

Driney
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chidori_chii on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:45 pm

i think it should be set in london *Yh YH*
and it should be PYG and TWB
i think im the only one on thi site who knows them
PYG - Peckham Young Guns, baddie baddie peeps *They is bad, they stabbed sam >=[*
TWB - Top White Boys, Alright/good gang, they look after neighborhood *My bro and his mates*

lol
that would make it realistic for me anyways, cuz for me, if you done that, the only thing that wouldnt be real would be the girl getting kidnapped.
ImageImage
“Ray- What is a large group of moose? Mooses?
Mikey- No way! It's Meesi.
Gerard- F*ck Off! It's Meese.”

Frank Iero- "When the water touched my balls, that's when I got scared.”

chidori_chii
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:41 pm

I was thinking maybe New York for the setting, even if we don't have the whole West Side Story thing goin' on. (Yes, for those of you who don't watch old musicals, the Shark/Jet/Maria thing was from West Side Story. Then the guy would have to be named Tony. XD But I really like the idea of New York, just because it feels like a good gang city, you know? I live waaay out in the country, so there are no prominent gangs around here. XP
But we could put it in LA, too. That'd be a good city.
I love London too much to think of there being mean ol' gangs in it. And I really can't picture Miss Blonde (whose name might be Bella, I'm thinking. She's mine, by the way. So I can control her secret.) talking with a British accent. It makes her feel too proper, and although she is more educated and proper than most of the other characters, I don't want her to feel stiff, if that makes any sense. Not knockin' the Brits, I love a good English accent. Love you guys.
But yeah, I think LA would be really good. What do you guys think?

And welcome, Driney. Hope you decide that this is interesting enough for you to join.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!