Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Sword of Atlantis

a topic in The Multiverse (Persistent World), a part of the RPG forum.

Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

The Sword of Atlantis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MysticOnion on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:28 am

ooc - players-wanted-for-sword-atlantis-t32594.html

King Eldred of Atlantis stood by the giant crystal orb. For decades it had powered the fair city , using magick and technology only few were familiar with, he being one of them. The crystal was a giant power converter, pumping the sea water of the planet and turning it into hydrogen which in turn created Electricity and a little heard of side effect called Vril, and this was the main power of Atlantis. He knelt in front of it as in prayer, their crystal was a goddess, a mother, the guardian and source of all their power. There were 12 attendants who knew how to work with their crystal Goddess, only 12, and without them the crystal would fail and die, she needed constant attention. The 12 were almost gone, killed by the people of the other lands. Yes the heirarchy of Atlantis had over stepped the mark and had become complacent. Instead of giving people work and sharing their knowledge they had enslaved them and made them worship a goddess they knew nothing about. Most of them no longer believed in it, and were against the heirarchy. The King was the highest in the land, the most devoted and the most devout man that ever existed. Unfortunately he'd grown up in the Atlantean palace and led a sheltered life and had no idea any of this was going on, not until the slaves escaped and over run the palace. He'd ran to the temple where the crystal goddess would protect him or so he'd hoped. Now he knelt in front of her, in complete awe. She was 30 ft high and perfectly round, the bright bluish light of the Vril energy pulsated within the centre, dimming and illuminating.

"Help me my Goddess..." He whispered emotionally, knowing that if he could have done something to help the slaves in the first place then he would have, but he didn't even know about them. "Protect me..." King Eldred was a tall man, with light brown hair, green eyes and he had a beard and moustache that was also light brown. He wore a red and purple cloak, and a grey tunic underneath bearing the symbol of Atlantis, a simple sign of a fish to signify the sea.

The doors of the temple thumped hard as the people revolted, and began to bash the door down, and the door wouldn't take much more punishment than it already had. He looked up to the crystal with tears in his eyes and finally his prayers were answered. She spoke to his mind. "Hold your sword aloft my son and close your eyes." This he did, and immediately he was surrounded by a blue light, and the energy of Vril that made him stronger, faster, better, more focussed, and the sword glowed as he had never seen.

The door finally gave way and the slaves and peasants the Atlanteans had treated like animals came barging into the temple, they had weapons and swords and anything they could lay their hands on. And although King Eldred told them to stop they did not stop. They fought him, tooth and nail but Eldred was only one man, and that was not enough, though because of the protection of the Vril, he was able to withstand the injuries he sustained. There was a long and bloody battle but they did finally get past him. He had to watch in horror as they destroyed the crystal goddess.. she whom he thought could not ever be destroyed, it tugged at his heart, he was so protective but he could not move - several of them held him down. They did not know what they were doing. The ground began to rumble and the sea moved in ways no one had ever thought possible, the temple began to fall to peices. Three men held him. "How do we stop it?" They yelled.

Eldred was both angry and upset and instead of telling them how to do anything he answered. "You deserve this.. we all deserve this... Atlantis will perish and you along with it.!"

Waves engulfed the entire land, not just the city, but the whole of Atlantis continent, the waves must have been 100 foot high and displaced from other places in the planet, she disappeared down to the bottom of the new ocean - the biggest disaster that had happened in anyone's living memory, and millions were killed.

Some escaped to the nearest caves and underground and survived the flood, but this was one flood that would not recede, their homes were gone forever.

By some miracle, the last act of the crystal Goddess, King Eldred washed up alive on the shores of the new land created by the displacement of the water, land that used to be underneath the ocean. He was unconscious and barely breathing.. yet held in his right hand a blue glowing sword that pulsated with the power and light of the Vril...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so join in where e'er you like with your character.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MysticOnion
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Sword of Atlantis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Keniko walked along the quiet, dirt road and it was clear that she had something on her mind. She put her fingers to her forehead and whispered under her breath in an northern foreign accent before stopping in the middle of the road and letting out a sigh. "Great. I only have 8 gold coins in my pocket and from what I calculated, I barely have enough money for a room at an inn and food. I knew I shoul-" She turned her head and saw what looks to be the body of a man, lying down on the shore. She let her curiosity get the better of her and walk off the road and towards the man. She looked at the man then around her then at the man again. "Hmm..." She knelled beside the man and gently brush the hair out of his face. "I bet you must have had a rough night huh?" Then the glowing sword caught her eyes and she slowly got up and took a couple of steps away from the man.

"My instincts says that this man is different, should I leave him?" She extended her right foot out and nudge the man with her foot. "Hey! You awake?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:58 am

MILCOMM wrote:PRIORITY MESSAGE - (external terrestrial study):

Commence OPGEORGIA. Assign ANS KIBLAN for mission use.
Commissary access: FREE
Quartermaster access: FREE
Detachment (FsTt/88th Destroyer): DENIED; mission will not be compromised
Objectives (UPDATED):
a. retrieval of main objectives through any means necessary.
b. retrieval of information through any means necessary.
c. creation of plausibly denitablity
d. destruction of proof of main objectives

SIGNED:
Gerald Renault II,
Operations Manager,
Freesol-Tartes Zone

COMMAND/ROUTE TO - (need to know, APPROVED):
MontƩs, Abdul-Ghani
Abendroth, Hajnalka
Winther, Shuuji
ElĆ­n, Perez T.
Haniya, Erick

Atlantis, Freesol-Tartes Zone, Space

Stars. Atlantis occupied a galactic area with constellations wholly unknown to Terran or Antongradian. Glowing a harsh red, KW Sagitarri, brightest star in the galaxy, stood out against the sea of yellow-white pinpricks. That sea began to ripple. Space made waves. Those waves scattered light like some inexplicable, unreal lens. That rippling lens belched out a mechanical contrivance. Then, as suddenly as they had appeared, the waves ceased.

The ANS Kiblan banked starwards, turning its stern towards Atlantis. It continued for course for several hours, before flinging itself into Atlantis's gravity well, and this time banking towards the planet.

"Prepare for drop!" Klaxons sounded throughout the ship, snapping Operations Director Raymond from his daydreams. Despite the speakers' distance to his quarters, he could still clearly hear Captain Andersen's voice. Its deep, gruff quality reverberated through the ship like an earthquake.

He shot up too fast. A wham reverberated across the room. Raymond placed his hand to his head. He felt blood. Globules of crimson floated away from him as he pushed away, this time taking care not to slam into structural braces.

Raymond crashed into his webbing chair. Wasting no time, he buckled the three-point harness in and plastered himself against the molded foam backing. Throughout the reentry process this specialized chair would be his support. It would protect him from the crushing gee-forces that came with rapid, barely controlled landing processes.

Just in time, too. The ship's microgravity faded away as it tilted into the atmosphere. The gee-forces built quickly, turning from a gentle windblown feel to something akin to unseen forces pushing the entirety of Raymond into the back of his chair. The blood oozing from his wound trickled down onto his face, onto his cheeks. He would have to get that injury checked out.

The gee-forces lasted for five more minutes; minutes he intensely hated. he ship began to slow. He inhaled deeply as the gee-forces stopped their crushing push. The ship seemed to almost stop, falter, and then slam into something immense and rubbery.

"All crew report to unloading stations. Reentry was successful." Blared the hallway klaxon.

"Yes, alive!" Exclaimed Raymond to nobody in particular as he extricated himself from his webbing chair.

Raymond's joyfulness was rendered bittersweet by the next announcement. "Damage control teams to deck twelve, sector bravo-three."

Never-mind that. He had to prepare.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Mount Olympus: Seat of the Gods

ā€œSo those arrogant humans finally destroyed themselvesā€¦ā€ Zeus laughed again, as the God of Thunder and Chief god looked down upon the devastation. He drunk a bit of his holy drink, the Ambrosia, before turning down again, ā€œIā€™m suppressed they beat you to it Poseidonā€¦ā€ the god started, ā€œBut it is a shameā€¦ I wanted to unleash the Titans to destroy them!ā€

The water god would also laugh, ā€œI wanted to tell you in person, my plan to ferment rebellion was a success, turns out those humans are just as arrogant as we are, my brother. Enough of that though, it seems their leader escaped, and I want to bring him here to answer for his crimes, sinking Athenaā€™s project cityā€¦.ā€

ā€œYes, I know she will be angry that the humans destroyed her little project, so Iā€™ll agree to send down someone to investigate himā€¦ Iā€™ll make another human out of some substanceā€¦ā€ the God said, forming up dirt into matter, and then a man. ā€œLet us send this man, to judge the so called Alantiticansā€¦ā€

Several hours later, a man would find himself near the seashore. He had on him a holy scroll, and a document on how to judge true character, made by Zeus himself. He would walk down the sand of the long, almost endless seashore, and eventually have to meet The former King of Atlantisā€¦

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!