Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greetings, and you may call me Lyndis.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings, and you may call me Lyndis.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyndis on Thu May 08, 2008 11:47 pm

I don't usually give my actual name out, but if it makes you feel any better everyone I know calls me Lyndis. I started roleplaying quite a while ago when a friend of mine introduced me to the concept on the game Starcraft. I've always roleplayed a dark character, but that had to be my worst mistake as a new roleplayer, playing something that just was completely oposite of me. I still roleplay that way, but now I'm much better at it.

There's not much to say about the real me. I am known for being very proud of independence and having an opinion. I'm also known for having an extreme sense of justice with a very mature view on all problems. I also can't stress enough (lol...) that I have way too much stress in my life. I seriously wouldn't be that surprised if I died at age thirty from some stress induced fatality. That's not to say I want to, but I kind worry about it constantly. My stress is caused by the fact that I was never really meant to be able to handle school. Academics just aren't my thing! ^_^; That being said, I have to push myself far above my limits to get through it. Roleplaying, along with video games, has become a sort of stress reliever for me, and one that has greatly improved my grammar and spelling over time.

But honestly, I'd think the things I've created are more interesting than I am. Flatter me by telling me otherwise if you will, but I think over time I've grown attatched to some of my characters. In that sense they have become me.

Now that isn't exactly the nicest thing to say, considering what I said before about me playing rather dark characters.
I was never good at being dark AND evil though. I can fake it good, but it seems to be a constant struggle to do it for real.

I come here with the intention of expanding my abilities, finding friends, and roleplaying more often.

So... be known that I have a sweet heart, and a very thick shell I can put up at will. I hope you'll take this opportunity to get to know me without having to get me to lower that shell. I only give such chances like this when I have enough strength to file through any shallow or bad friends. Otherwise my shell protects my sensitive side.
If it hasn't happened to me before, I'll thank you for being the first.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lyndis
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Donated! Donated!

Re: Greetings, and you may call me Lyndis.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri May 09, 2008 12:04 am

Greetings, Lyndis.

I am known as Rose. Welcome to RPGateway, home to many different types of rp and even more different types of people. If you need any help whatsoever, feel free to send a private message to any of the mods. We'll be sure to help you out in all the ways that we know.
Please read over: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-newbie-guide-roleplaygateway-read-this-first-t2769.html
It will help you get a start on things here and everything else.
If you already have done that, please join us amongst the threads of rp or in the chatbox.

Hopefully I'll see you out amongst the threads or in the box.

Your friendly friend,

Rose
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri May 09, 2008 12:06 am

Cheers mate and welcome to this little corner of the twilight zone.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyndis on Fri May 09, 2008 12:47 am

Thank you for the kind welcoming party. I used to roleplay with a personal group of friends, but a death sort of caused a massive innactivity... Sitting alone waiting for them to come back is kind of...well yeah.

So I decided to expand my options.

Lyndis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri May 09, 2008 12:51 am

RPGateway is a great place to expand your horizons.
If you need any help in finding a great rp, you can ask me. I've got my hand dipped into all types of rp.

Hopefully this place becomes a haven for you.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyndis on Fri May 09, 2008 12:58 am

fighter_rose_003 wrote:RPGateway is a great place to expand your horizons.
If you need any help in finding a great rp, you can ask me. I've got my hand dipped into all types of rp.

Hopefully this place becomes a haven for you.

That would be great! I must admit, that I have never roleplayed on a forum in the past. I am more used to chatroom roleplaying. Therefore my post lengths may be short in comparison... Maybe it would fit me better to start off with a roleplay that isn't very demanding? I see that we are sometimes required to choose a preset character. Although I can do that I think I'd be more comfortable adding my own character to the storyline and going with the flow.

Either way, I like forward to trying this out, and hopefully creating legends that entice me as much as the ones of old.

Lyndis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri May 09, 2008 1:10 am

There are many threads that allow you to come up with your own character. What type are you most favorable to play? I may be able to help you out.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyndis on Fri May 09, 2008 1:17 am

fighter_rose_003 wrote:There are many threads that allow you to come up with your own character. What type are you most favorable to play? I may be able to help you out.

I am most familiar with playing a dark character, although evil is not my thing. I can play a heroine.

More in depth I prefer smart characters, probably magical. I like characters that are half human half animal (or anthro), most of all Dragon, Nekan, and Kitsune anthros but not limited to.

If you'd like any more info tell me.

Lyndis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri May 09, 2008 1:37 am

Hmm... lemme see.... I know of several places that could use more people. Check out the Fantasy thread Forum. You can usually find somewhere for your characters amongst those pages. If not, send me a private message and whatnot and I can find you one myself. I don't mind helping others out. Its in my job description.... lol

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!