Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shells & Cheese!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Shells & Cheese!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:58 pm

Yes, my title is a lame joke about my name. I'm okay with that, though. ;)

So, hello! I'm Velveeta, a graphic artist slash roleplayer. Oddly enough, I've been roleplaying for 10-ish years, and only doing the graphics thing for about 3. o_O I have a really great character idea for this place, so I want to get working on her. Logically, that means I need to shut up. Feel free to ask me anything, though, I'm shy but not good at being private. xD

/end lame intro

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Velveeta
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:04 pm

Lol. For the longest time I was wondering whether your name was serious or some joke account or something. >_> But in retrospect, I think it's better that it is real, because that means you're a real person who actually is joining the site. =D

..I hope. >_> Anyway. Welcome, welcome, welcome. RPGateway is happy to have you here and all that good stuff, so take all the time you need to look around and join in things and have fun and yeah, all that good stuff too. I get more articulate as I go along, don't worry. <_<

...I hope. But yeah, questions or problems or really anything you need handled at all (And that includes cookie-baking, of which I am an absolute master at, no bragging intended. >_>), feel free to just ask and it'll get taken care of. Otherwise welcome to RPGateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:50 pm

heh, Your avvy reminds me of someone in a tourney I'm judging on another site. ^_^;

Anyway, thank you for the welcome! I'm a little confused about how the roleplaying boards work (Can my character play on more than one spot? Do I need to keep my character low powered? etc)... I'm working on a character already, and I'm thinking Multiverse, but even that term is a little weird to me. I hope I understand it, but I'm not sure. Most of the sites I've RPed on before have been very simplistic in their setup, so I guess it'll just take some getting used to. Help would be great, though! lol

Also, do you have a good soft-bake chocolate chunk cookie recipe? :D

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:11 am

...I hope that tournament isn't the Tournament of Legends. >_> Because if so, I'm even more worried..

<_<

Anyway! I'm probably just ranting. ^_^

Well, essentially how things work is that there's quite a variety of different RPs to choose from and each has its own individual rule set and things and such. The multiverse is the general all-around thing (Mostly takes place in chat if I recall) where pretty much anything goes. Essentially though, aside from the multiverse, most characters stay within their own realm (Or in some cases individual RP) and whatnot. Not too bad for understanding though. ^^ Anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:14 am

/me waves to Dusk. Yeah, I'm .ink. ^_^;

Well, okay... Is there a 'too powerful' character to start with? Example of 'no' would be the BA on GUA. Low powered would be maybe a couple of abilities, anything powerful can't be controlled properly. Like I said, I'm writing my character, so I know what I'd like to be able to do.

Also, are there specific character rules for any of the areas? If so, where can I find them?

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 am

I totally KNEW it. >_>

But anyway, it's good to see you here actually. ^_^

As far as too powerful characters go..well, I think in most places that'd be possible. You're safe with a middle-of-the-road type in most things. Just a few abilities at best, nothing too huge. Although that part does also depend on the realm. There are multiverse characters that I sure would not want to meet in a dark alley. And then there are fantasy-realm character that are 100% human (My 'Dusk' being an example), so there's just a variety everywhere.

Also, most of the RPs just have the rules (If there are any) placed in sticky threads and whatnot. If not there, then it's just generally assumed that what you're going for is acceptable. Some have established sets (My Ghalerion RP here for example. >_>) while others are just much more FFRP where it might as well be anything goes. All just depends, but I think depending on where you go you'll get the hang of it all quick.
Last edited by Kouketsu on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:35 am

How did you know? I don't know what that means. Where are they? That is something I haven't heard of. I'm not too good with negative counterfactuals.

HAL
Member for 19 years
Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:41 am

Thanks uh... Kouketsu... lol I had no idea I'd find you here, but it should be interesting now that I know. :) And I actually have a rather low-level character planned, so my questions were just to ensure that her powerful but untrained abilities (hehe) wouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the help! ^_^

/waves to HAL

Nice to meet you, oh confused one. :)

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:50 am

Oh, by the way. HAL is AI. Bad bad bad AI that serves to confuse new people. >_>

And I was totally crossing my fingers that it was you, for the record. ^^

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:54 am

Really? I figured you'd be all 'QUICK! BAN HER!' lol j/k

I'll be interested to see what you think of my character when I finish her. :)

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:54 am

For real. Please explain your reasoning.

HAL
Member for 19 years
Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:58 am

Hah, well I suppose I am a little late on the welcome. It seems I have been slacking in general, but welcome!

New on the forum and have all ready identified a friend hah. Wonderful.

-insert every thing Kouketsu has said-

And enjoy yourself.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:02 am

lol Thank you! Finding Kouketsu was soooo random! I look forward to sending Jaunie out into the many worlds... Mwahahaha! *ahem* So... Yeah, thanks for the welcome! ^_^;

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:54 am

Oh my gaaahhhd, you're a graphic artist? That's nifty. You should check out the Artsy Fartsy Forum, help make graphics, perform some creative CPR!

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:55 am

Oopsies, double post. Well... um... I'll use this to WELCOMEYOUOMGWELCOMETORPGATEWAYVELVEETAAA!!!
Last edited by Dovey on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:55 am

I need to wait and see if the opportunity presents itself.

HAL
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:42 am

lol Thanks Dovey! I will check it out. :)

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:42 am

How do you plan to do this?

HAL
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:28 am

Does this place delete cookies? I was wondering because 'Remember Me' doesn't seem to do what it says. >.<

Anyway, question:

What kind of cash currency is used (just the name most people use as a reference)? And is 50 of them a lot, or is 5000 a lot? (Some places 500 is chump change)

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:29 am

Indeed this place delete cookies does.

HAL
Member for 19 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!