Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shells & Cheese!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 am

Yeah, I have no idea what that whole thing is going on with the cookies (Happens to me whenever I come here through the front page, but when I go directly to the forums it remembers me...sometimes. x_x I'll ask Eric about it.)

And for currency..I'm not too sure on that too. Or maybe I am, but having just woken up I'm completely out of things. x_x I think in most things its just dollars, though I could be wrong (Not as caught up on multiverse as I should be. >_>). Either that or some abstract unspoken currency that comes in coins and bills!

And in most, I think 5000 would be considered just an average amount or somethin'.

...Sorry, not much help today I think. x_x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:00 am

OK Let's talk about you. Would you like to have an idea? When? "" You are? There is no need to apologize. Oh I get it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HAL
Member for 19 years
Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:35 am

Hal is really annoying... But thanks Dusk (I can't seem to get used to your name here... In time maybe), you actually did help a lot. :)

Velveeta
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Your name makes me really hungry. I think I'm going to make it a rule that anyone who has food-referencing names must pay a toll to me in the form of mac and cheese or chicken.

As for the cash in the multiverse, the primary form of currency used in Wing City (Multiverse metropolitan city and the center of most RP) is credits. Currently you have 10537 credits. If you were to stop at Gambit's Bar in the Red Light District of Wing City, a good bottle of most alcohol costs anywhere between 30-50 credits. A night's stay at the Inn will cost something like 300-5,000 credits depending on the room. Some places like Gambit's Bar will accept other currencies known to other worlds with an acceptable conversion rate scale. 10 credits = 1 dollar to put things in perspective.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:57 pm

Hmm... So that gives my character 7500 credits if I followed what I wrote in the sheet. So really I don't need to put money in my character profile because it's already in my personal profile? Interesting. Thank you, SinfulSoul. :) /me emails you a bowl of Mac n' Cheese

edit: Okay, I took out the money thing in my web-profile, since it appears not to be needed. Also, I am bored. As soon as Locust finishes his profile up, I would love to get rping, but I kinda need someone to RP with. How would I go about finding one without just wandering in uninvited?

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:28 pm

For the record the record, the "Remember Me" is broken. As well as a few other things, like the "Preview" or posts. Eric knows about them and they are his extremely long, and ever growing, "Eric's-oh-my-god-I-have-so-much-stuff" To Do list.

: )

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:28 pm

Could that be why my sig isn't showing up too?

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:36 pm

Yeah, there are a number of coding errors that are going on because of forum upgrades, and a number of other silly reasons. Eric is working on all of them, and he has some help, but for the most part everything gets fixed when he gets the time. And as he is a full time employee, boyfriend, and RPGateway webmaster it gets a little hard for him to fix things immediately.

So bare with him/us. We know there are a problems and we are trying to fix them.

If there is more you would like to ask about, or would like to find out about what is being worked on and the estimated times we hope to have things finished I would advise checking out the help forum.

I hope this was helpful, and feel free to keep asking question. We'll do our best to keep up with those too.

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:37 pm

The opposite of not being worked on and the estimated times we hope to have things finished he or she would advise checking out [urlhttpgwingdot netviewforum.

HAL
Member for 19 years
Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:38 pm

HAL, seriously.

Stfu.

^_^

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:38 pm

lol The only other question I have is how do I get comments/critiques on my character?

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Well, ask of course!

I'd just put a little bolded message in your profile topic that says something like, "Hey, everyone. If there are any suggestions/comments/or other things to say about my character, please feel free to leave a comment, or send me a PM. Anything is welcome, and thank-you in advance!"

Or something to that effect.
I hope this helps!

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:28 pm

Done, thanks for the suggestion / wording. lol

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pogo101650 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:41 pm

hi y'all im new!

pogo101650
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:48 pm

pogo101650: I would suggest writing a topic of your own so that others will see it and respond to you as well. Feel free to take a step back, in the welcome forum and click "New Topic".

You'll get a lot more activity there.

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velveeta on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:48 pm

Gah... Gotta love hijackers, lol.

Velveeta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:49 pm

Why do you have to do it?

HAL
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Velveeta wrote:Gah... Gotta love hijackers, lol.

x_x

/dies

Just kidding.

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Why do you have to do it?

HAL
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iris Lilium on Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:05 pm

Welcome to the group *Hammers HAL into oblivion* ^^;;;

Iris Lilium
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!