Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mutant RP planning. Serious business going on.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Mutant RP planning. Serious business going on.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:55 pm

January 20th, 1981, Ronald Wilson Reagan became the 40th president of the United States of America. While he did many good things to help a country in a time of need he also did one thing that was kept secret. That secret was that he had authorized the creation of a new bio-weapon virus that was going to be used during the cold war if the need arose. The need did not arise however and the virus was locked away, never to see daylight again, or so it was thought. After Reagan had served his two terms he was taken out of office and George H. W. Bush took office. Not long after his inauguration he was told about the virus and it was once again brought out to have research done on it in case of future war. It was not long after that however that the virus sample had gone missing. Everyone was interrogated to try and find the traitor, but nobody was ever found guilty.

January 20th, 1993 Bill Clinton had been elected as the new president of the United States of America. It was not more that three weeks into his term that the missing virus had reportedly been found, but there was a problem, it had infected American teenagers. Acting quickly yet silently the kids who where found to have the virus were taken from their homes and testing was done on each one. Not long after the testing scientists had found out what the virus had done to the infected. According to the message send to Clinton they were said to have “mutated to the point where they now had (what could be best described as) superpowers”.

January 20th, 1997, Bill Clinton was reelected as president of the United States of America. His first order of business was to tell the nation of the virus and what it was capable of doing to those infected. This at first caused great panic as parents began to distrust their own children, believing that in the middle of the night their powers would go wild and kill them all. This panic forced Clinton’s arm, and he deemed all teenagers infected with the virus a danger not only to themselves but all around them. Finding a place that was far away from any population he had order a gargantuan mansion, -The House- to be built next to a large lake the has a scenic mountain view behind it. The place was meant to have a calming feeling on the teens so they would be able to practice their powers in a safe and stress free environment.

At first the scientists who had studied the teenagers were the ones trying to help them master their powers so they could once more become functional members of society. As certain teens began to master their powers faster than others they were put in control of teaching the others to decreases the years needed to master their powers. After a few good teenagers who had went to the house in their late teens became adults and learned how to teach the others the best they were given control of the house training while the government only stepped in to pay the bills that they made. These bills would include water, heating, food, schooling, gas and etc. They gave the teens everything a normal middle class child would normally have and for some teens the house was better than where they had actually came from.

January 20th, 2001, George W. Bush was elected as president of the United States of America, and with his presidency game new challenges. This is where the course of American history takes its biggest turn form the history that we now as today. No 9/11 ever occurred, no war began with Iraq and the Middle East was not invaded in anyway by the USA. The event that replaced 9/11 was a new treat that came from within. The new generation of teenagers who had been found to have the virus began to rebel against going to the house and being forced to live there until they mastered their powers. They began to say how being forced to have to go to the house was denying them their rights of freedom since they could not leave until they had gained control.

January 20th, 2005, George W. Bush was reelected as president. His first term was hard with dealing with the rebels, but was not looked at as a major threat due to the fact that like powered individuals sought each other out to learn their powers together. The negative side of this however was the fact that these kids began to get involved with gangs and instead of a one random act of violence for some random teen with powers the rate of violence skyrocketed. It was not long after this that teens that had powers started to form gangs for only virus infected teens. These new gang soon took over what was considered regular gangs such as the bloods and crips and other large gangs. As this treat from within began to grow the government recruited teens from the house to try and help in the situation and it worked for a short while, but when the virus infected gangs had managed to get recruiters into the house they to began to take house members for their own cause.

January 20th, 2009, Barack Obama had become the first black president of the United States of America. Now faces with a large bail out for the economy he had to begin dealing with the gangs of virus infected teens. The problem however was that the gangs had started to show militaristic signs and the possibility of a new civil war had to be considered. This possibility was only considered more when the rebels began to send messages out to all the others like them. “Join us or stay out of our way” was the entire message said and the clouds before a massive storm had begun to gather. Now it’s up to all the kids on the streets and in the house and the ones who work for the Government to choose. Will they join the Rebellion, stick with the Government who had treated them so well or just hide in fear until it is sorted out.

This game will be the umpteenth revival of a story originally made by Azrael Wolven, then done once more under Orion Vryce and Safisan's storytelling. A third spin-off was attempted by myself and sadly died soon enough, whereas the previous spanned several pages. This time features an addition to the GM line-up:

- Inner Fray
- Orion Vryce
- Safisan

Anyone else 'accepting' your character in a future OOC or asking you to edit due to plot issues has no right to do so. With the staff mentioned, I take it upon myself to ask for serious and literate players. This means you'll stick through to the end, and will pay attention to multi-threading should it happen (which is likely if it goes well in the discussion here.) The idea is stable and hardly up for change, if you like it, feel free to jump into the planning that'll be done here before making the OOC. You'll be checked thoroughly and voted for approval beforehand, this to ensure we have players that'll pour their heart into the story.

Now that I mentioned the story, it can and will have a darker theme to it; it's not teenagers wangsting about having powers and flirting with everything that has a pulse. There is space for romance, there is space for witty sarcasm and flirting as it would happen in such an environment but it will be realistic within the game's logic. If there's anything vital you should add, Orion or Fray, please.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Mutant RP planning. Serious business going on.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:08 pm

...i am hereby intrigued...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

riddle
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Lol nice intro post. For some reason it seems as if I know it from somewhere. LOL. I'm honored that you used what I wrote.
Socrates once said........ To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guts on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:20 am

Room for one more I hope? Aside from possibly joining this, I have only 1 thread running and hours to spare on the weekdays.

Ehem...

If at all possible, I wish to have my character a punk anarchistic revolutionary that’s tired of the system and its ways. I mean how many people are being thrown down society's ladder these days? Enough I would hope to start a riot. =D

So if it's as dark and more in depth as you said, I throw my vulnerable offer here.
Last edited by Guts on Tue February 29, 2009 2:09 am, edited 29 times in total.

Guts
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 pm

@riddle: I've looked over what I could on your profile, so far my answer is no. In the spirit of being open-minded, I'll allow you to appeal for a spot via PM. Just send me a post to let me see your most recent work, under these settings. Since I've yet to mention the decor or situation, the two are open to your liking within the PM. If you must have a predefined setting, PM me so I may send you one. Thanks.

@Orion: yes, I meant to PM you once more regarding the intro, however it was rather late. I apologize for doing so and feel the need to mention I edited out some errors in it. Props to Orion, guys! The intro is his!

@Guts: first off, I've looked at some of your posts, I liked what I saw, so unless Inner Fray or Orion Vryce have anything to say, yes there is room. Now, the idea of the Rebellion faction is like what you mentioned, with teenagers that hold to the idea they should be free to use their powers and forced to learn of them first, if at all. Your character could fit well there and should the thread catch interest of enough players, there will be a Rebellion faction. On that matter, our priority is something like this:

- Get players
- Fill the 'House' faction with 3 players at least (other factions will benefit from this later on!)
- Start the corresponding IC thread
- Open up the next most interested faction/fill said faction with 3 players minimum (currently the Rebellion)
- Start its IC
- Open the remaining faction with another 3 players minimum
-Start the last IC
- First major event

We'll be on the lookout for players, if you can think of anybody that might be interested, please PM them some link love! Thank-you for showing interest, Guts.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:36 pm

I have nothing with Guts joining the thread. Seen his/her work and find it enjoyable to read.

Also Safisan I was thinking we do the RP in chapters instead of different threads. Each person could have a character profile for each faction and would write for them during their chapters. Just a suggestion though and still have no real ideas on anything to complex yet.

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Guts, even if Inner Fray objects... It's 2 to 1, you're in officially. Please, if you'd like to state your opinion on the current discussion (multi-threads vs. chapters) dip your spoon in ^^.

Riddle, I've looked at your PM and have taken what you've said into consideration. Therefore, I will look over your most recent work once more and reply to the PM in question, whether in acceptance or to ask you send me a sample post. You've also yet to be accepted by either Orion Vryce or Inner Fray, so I also await their ruling on the matter. Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation.

EDIT:
Riddle, I have sent my reply via PM, asking for a sample post and explaining the reason. Through your dedication, you're good as in, I just need to see your most recent writing. Thanks again.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:57 pm

I would love to join! It sounds interesting and I've been needing a serious RP. I should warn you, my characters tend to be immature and chaotic, kind of in a Harley Quinn way, but without the dependency disorders.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:23 pm

@riddle: I just replied to your PM. Watch in awe as I mention... You have my vote for your spot's acceptance! Unless Orion or Inner Fray provide proper reasons (which will be met with your sample post in question) you are accepted.

@Edelle: thanks for checking out the thread! As I told you in my PM, your writing may need a little touch-up beforehand as this'll like involve a few paragraphs per post; your dedication is perfect as is and if you run into problems with post fleshing, tell me.

@Everyone: Inner Fray is coming, he sent me a PM about it. If he happens to swing by... (Irrelevant note to the topic) Thanks for your understanding, I'm trying to keep school out of the way.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:26 pm

glad to be tentatively aboard...its great to see an interesting rp with this much dedication....

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guts on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:24 pm

I Had a Long day here so forgive me for not sounding too thrilled; (Though I am trying.)

So, I hope this rolls out well and thank you for considering me.

Blah, blah, blah.

Multiple chapters and good night.

Side note: try and get Souloe, he's a great role-player to have around.

Guts
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 pm

I am fairly new to the site, so judge me as you will, I suppose. I've been looking for a Mutant-based RP with an actual plot instead of just a group of kids going crazy with their powers and hormones. The profile below is one of my mutant chars, if you want to get an idea of how I play one of them. =)

http://rphaven.com/profile.php?userid=22521
Previously known as PerfectlyBroken.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:10 pm

@Guts: is that a vote for multiple chapters then? Ah... I'll have a look at Souloe's profile now that you mention him, may PM and invite soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

@PerfectlyBroken: one, welcome to the site. Two, your profile is entertaining and in a very peculiar fashion. Three, I'm glad you see mutants as we do - that is, not as hormone-enslaved teenagers, even if they may be that age in the IC. Four, since I've little to judge from, may I have a sample post sent via PM? It'll give me an idea of your posting style and capabilities, from there on I'll cast my vote and if either GM disagrees I'll PM them the post.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inner Fray on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Now enter the third, and laziest of the GMs. Ruffling his hair, looking as if he had just woke up from a nap. *Yawns* Sorry about the delay everyone. So far I think things look good. Though I did want to get some feed back on a few things:

Since the story is supposed to be focused on the views of the people in the house shouldn't the story have more people in the factions outside that will help stir up things in the house?

I do think that it is a good idea to estalish the members of the house, but shouldn't we give similar time to the other factions?

What type of dispostion can we give the other factions with making the players feel too confined?

And lastly, I think we could pull this rp off with about 6-10 players, but the story looks to be more vast than just that. Do you think more players would hinder or make things move along more smoothly? In the even that we get more people and things start to get cluttered should we open another IC that will hold a different part of the world? (The prospect of that sounds confusing to me too, but it's an idea.)

Inner Fray
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Though perhaps a bit biased…
My philosophy pertaining to the amount of players remains
Quality over quantity..
Yes…we need a number of players to get it going…but it would be best to stick with better players and have less then grab a whole lot of players and run into organizational problems...
Im not saying that the aft mentioned scenario was the one purposed…im simply using it to further my point.
also...though..i dont think ive been given a definitive answer one way or the other...im going to continue under the assumption that i have been cleared...to be apart of this endeavor...
that being said i feel i should warn those who have not read or simply didnt get a glimpse at my little characters style.
he may not be the most stable genetically altered child..but despite his age..he has an older intellect sitting in the dark back of his mind most of the time..even when acting childish.
so far...im still highly interested..and though my times logged on may seem sporadic throughout the day...
i cant wait for us to get this thing going.
...good luck to you...one and all...

...whether it be by chapters or separate threads...

...the show must go on...
..so lets get the actors into place...
..on a final note…those of you perhaps wondering or a bit..upset by my typing manner…
…the partial elipse is not a corruption of my keyboard..but of my mind.
..ill work on editing them out and adding abhorring things such as proper punctuation and capitol letters when we start posting IC…
…riddle…

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Good morning, Inner Fray! Hahaha. Guts? I've PMed Souloe, liked his writing, by the way. Uh... Riddle, what's your view on the thread extension? Multi or chapters?

Or if any of you have another great idea to role-play comfortably, do tell ^^.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:48 pm

I agree with Riddle on the subject of amount of players. I'm fed up with large groups right now, it's easier to hold people accountable for slacking off *cracks whip* and it's simpler to organize.
Also, on the subject of separate chapters: it all depends how strict and regulated the plot is going to be. I like to add little bits and pieces that the GM can use if they want... just interesting snippets here and there that can be expanded upon if need be.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:18 pm

though i do prefer individuality...
ill agree happily with edelle..
the choice of format should be less based on preference and more based on best fit for the project..
multiple threads can lead to many players and or even contention amongst threads..discontinuations and the like. it also would allow for more worth while players if we found enough...
but these decisions and the ones like them should be based on what we are doing..as opposed to opinions of comfort or familiarity..
im open to either option..so long as it flows well with the overall direction we are taking..
and though i am aware of the incredibly diplomatic way i responded to the question without answering it..im not inclined to change it much at this time...

...show to me what our direction and goals are....
the more information we all have..the more informed and capable we will be able to make decisions...
there are more important elements that need smoothing out before we worry about how we are going to have it presented..

not to be pushy of course...to be honest..im just glad to see how dedicated everyone currently aboard seems to be..

...if we are going with a structured plot..lets talk about that..and if not..
lets get an idea where we want it going...

or at least..if these things have been thought of..please drop me a pm to fill me in.

...thank you..and good luck...

...riddle...

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowPhoenix0307 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:18 am

I am defiantly interested in this RP. It's been a while since I found a RP that looked as if it was going to last more then 3 pages. Let alone with those who can write well over the "Good work!" quota. Anyway, accepted or not, this looks like it will be a fascinating RP.

ShadowPhoenix0307
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:55 pm

I've run a background check on some of your more recent work, ShadowPhoenix0307, you are accepted. For future reference though, breaks between paragraphs should be two lines, writing on the second and leaving one blank in between. Anything you'd like to say on the RP itself? Suggestions? Criticism?

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!