Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Light and Dark

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Re: Light and Dark

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:26 pm

"Well, that was handy. Now head forwards through the door, then take a right, left, left and finally, another right. It's rigorous, but the book will be right in front of you."
I'm collecting moving avatars. If you have one, send it to me in a private message.
ImageImageImageImageImage

If the music moves you, the people care about you, and the place is like home, savor the moment!

Time stands still for no one! What are you standing around for, there's chocolate to be eaten.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:50 pm

Carlos followed Myth's directions cautiously, going down the halls with special care not to make noise, not that the tinkling of still falling glass behind him would alert anyone.
Ahead, he saw a golden etched door, and smiled widely.
He tried to the door, and the smile turned to a frown, "Myth, it's locked."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rache
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:33 pm

"Oh dang it. I figured the wouldn't have locked it on a normal summer night. Unless, they locked it 'cause of you and me. Well then, I think it's about time you tried out my ability. Remember, focus on light, and then on the lock."

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:12 am

Carlos bit his lip and touched the lock, concentrating darkly. Small sparks flew from his fingers, but nothing much.
Cursing, Carlos brought his finger up and bit the tip roughly. He replaced it on the lock.
The pain helped him focus, made him angry, and then accented his forcing out of the energy with a dark word of hate.
The lock exploded with a flash of light, and the door swung open.
Immediately, Carlos's blood ran cold when the two angels inside sprang up from their sitting positions and drew their swords.
Oh... curse it...
"Myth! Myth! How do I make a big flash? A really big one?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:20 pm

"I was right. They beefed up the security becuase of you and me. Well then, concentrate all your life energy on them, and then shout LIGHT STORM. It should disintegrate them, but because you don't know how to lock it yet, they will reform in ten minutes. That should give you enough time to get the book and get out of here. Ready, aim, fire!"

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:07 pm

Carlos shuddered as he raised his hand and concentrated. Unlike Myth's, his version of the 'light storm thingie' came out as dark bolts of lightning, showing the impureness of his soul.
It did the trick, however, and the angels vanished in the dark storm of light.
Carlos stumbled forward, unused to losing so much energy at a time. His head was clouded, his vision blurred, and his step staggering as he approached the raised pedestal in the center of the room that held a golden book.
Carlos forced himself up to it and grabbed up the book.

It had a warm aura to it, like recently made bread that came straight from the oven. It brimmed with the energy of justice, but the fairness part of it delved like a guilty arrow into Carlos's soul.
It was a missing a part of itself.

Carlos spun in new-found energy and ran from the room, clutching the book to his chest, "Okay, Myth, I've got it, and I'm getting the heck out of here! Where should I go?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:09 pm

"Head to the street with the bridge where we met. There will be an opening to the sewers. That should give us some time. Hurry, those guards will reappear soon!"

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:32 pm

Carlos growled, "Okay."
~
Soon they were in the sewers, and Carlos sat down on the grime covered walkway inside the dank dark place. He flipped open the golden book and whispered, "What the-"
The inside pages were all blank!
"Uh... Myth?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:46 pm

"I was afraid this would happen. Your heart is too black. It's what they call a Angel Protection Program The angels are protected because the only people that would try to steal the book are to evil. I was hoping you had changed enough to read it. I can see through your eyes, but I see the words.
They say,'Whoever has this book in their possesion, and is capable of reading the sacred words inside, is worthy of changing the rules.'

You will need to repeat the Angelic words, My the Holy Light test me, and enable me to do what I sanction good. If the Light observes you to be doing this for the right reason, then you will be able to change the laws.

Carlos, I'm trusting you to make the laws, right!

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:59 pm

"May the Holy Light test me, and enable me to do what I sanction good."
Curse it, thought Carlos, it sounds so corny!
"Now what? Does it say something new?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:08 am

"No, it hasn't changed. You have to say the new rule. There is something you should know though, if you are deemed unworthy, you will die! If you are ready to make a difference, then go ahead. I understand if you don't, though."

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:15 am

Carlos stiffened before squeaking, "Die?"
Oh, dear Lord! He didn't want to die! But...
Bracing himself, he mumbled, "I wish that all Unforgivens were to be treated as equals... Please don't kill me."
Nothing happened except for the book growing a bit less bright.
"Myth? Am I going to die now? Am I just going to explode or something? Or is it good?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:20 am

"No, this is good. I think the book became a little less bright, so that Unforgivens would no longer be persecuted by it. It now reads,'Unforgivens shall be treated with the same respect and courtesy that the angels receive. Any angel that violates said law, shall be punished in the utmost severity.' You did. Now let's go see the affect it will have on the Angels.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:25 am

"So... wait... does this thing just imprint yourself on angels' minds or something? Or do I have to show them this? And what happens if some scrawny git changes it back?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:30 am

"No, angels aren't robots. You can't just change their brains. Tomorrow, in central Heavensdora, a proclomation light will descend a declare the new law. To protect the book from being changed back, you will have to defend it with your life, and, well, my life. Now, you should find some place to rest, so you will have the strength to defend the book tomorrow."

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:42 am

Carlos sighed, "Fight some more? That'd be fun, except I'm not invincible or ageless or can live for eternity..." He stood slowly and thought of a good place.
Sometimes the best places were places that were the worst, and the worst places the best, and the philosophy usually worked for him, so...
~
Dyllion, a dark slum town in the underground of Heavensdora. The poor crowded round burning barrels, chatting about various gossips and happenings. This was a haven for the poor, the whores, the mercenaries, and everything else that an angel could fall to be. Demons lurked this place; Dyllion was the only place in this paradise they could penetrate thoroughly enough.
A rather good reason why it was called the 'Daemon District'.
Carlos settled into an alcove along the side of a cracked, crumbling cathedral, whose stained glass windows had long been replaced by creeping ivy that ran with a sickly dark green hue passing through it. Under his shirt was the book.
Huddling against the cold of the early, early morning, Carlos whispered, "Mithos... do you think I'm bad? I feel bad. The book makes me feel bad. I just stole something."
Inside him, his demon nature was urging him on, rooting for him to go and rain more chaos on these blasted angels that degraded him so much for no reason.

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:54 am

Even as a spirit residing in Carlos, Mithos couldn't help feel darkness closing in on him. This place the hated village. All the angels were warned to never go near this place. It was said that any angel that stepped into this place instantly turned into an Unforgiven, or worse, a demon.

"No, I don't think your evil. I think having me inside of you has caused you to open up and see your dark side. A man cannot become good, if he doesn't know what good is."

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:59 am

"What is good, Myth? Doesn't it vary from person to person?" Carlos glanced around and locked eyes with a demoness prostitute in very revealing clothing, "Like, would it be good for me to go over there and solicit that lady for her services if I thought it was good? Is there a written good?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:03 am

"Wait, I think you're onto something. The angels have been mislead into believing that this book dictates right and wrong. Right and wrong is not something you get from a book, it's something that you feel. If you were to, I don't even want to say it, solicit that girl, you would most likely feel bad about it later. That is the difference between right and wrong."

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:07 am

"But what if I wanted to feel good just for that moment and didn't care whether or not I felt bad afterwards?" Carlos murmured, still eyeing the demoness, who had obviously noticed him. It revolted him just to look at her, but he needed an example to debate with Myth for while, and prostitution did seem like the only example immediately at hand.

Rache
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!