Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Bleak Beginning, In A Desolate Future

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: A Bleak Beginning, In A Desolate Future

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:17 pm

Outside there were maybe 20 to 30 (and about 12 bodies) government soldiers. Terran was dodging back behind an old crate, blocking bullets with his sword, firing back with one of his pistols. Some of the soldiers saw Wes, turned, and opened fire on him.

ooc: sry it took so long, is that ok?
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:29 pm

Wes disappeared in front of the men. "Can't hit what isn't there." He appeared behind them and lobbed off half the men's heads. He pulled a shotgun off his back and fired at the rest.
The Great Mizuti, Never lies! sometimes, Seldom, Once in a Blue Moon.
The Great Mizuti Be angry!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hgat`hgar
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:34 pm

Terran rushed the last of them and cut them down with his blade. Then he turned to Wes. "Next time don't buy weapons from someone who's been ratting out people to the government. Your lucky i got here early and saw him making the deal with one of the soldiers, or you would have been caught off guard."

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:38 pm

"Oh. I would have done nothing wrong. Well. Thanks." He tossed Terran a M16.

Hgat`hgar
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:44 pm

"Terran caught it, well now, you wanna go gov hunting, I'm bored."

He walked down the alleyway towards the center of the city.

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Wes followed Terran "Sure" He had his sword ready

Hgat`hgar
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:01 pm

As they got closer to the city center they noticed there were less and less people on the streets. Well that was understandable he thought, the government people were all pricks, people didn't want to get caught by them, even if they had done nothing wrong.

Out in front of them a group of soldiers came into view, he could only guess what they were doing.

He turned to Wes, "Well, Wes, here we go", then he wasted the first four soldiers with his M16, dropped it, pulled out his sword, and charged.

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Wes rushed at them passing Terran. He held his sword low and cut the legs of some of the soldiers off. He jumped into the air and slammed his sword into one of the soldier's skull.

Hgat`hgar
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:17 pm

The last solider was in front of Wes he had an AK-47, Terran threw his sword in the air, ran and vaulted off Wes' back, caught his sword, and sliced the last guy in two. "Hey, what do you know, we make a pretty good team." As he said this more fire came from 30 or 40 soldiers held up in the building to their left.

"Maybe its time to drop back, were at a disadvantage, we'll come back better prepared next time. Maybe we could use that twitchy guy as a decoy, he can run fast."

Terran walked off laughing and blocking the bullets.

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:28 pm

Follows Terran and throws a grenade behind him "That we do and could."

Hgat`hgar
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momo on Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:05 pm

OOC: Uhh.. Am I the only one who thinks a government is completely unlikely in this setting? But whatever, it's a game.

IC: Moi rolled her eyes at the sound of gunfire, yet again. She gingerly stood up and slipped her pants back on, stretched her arms above her head for a solid minute, then adjusted her Viet Cong cap. She reached for her cigarette pack, shook it, f*ck, empty.

Moi walked out side, avoiding the fight, it was getting a little ridiculous and the soldiers hadn't done anything to annoy her yet. She walked into a store to find a dead clerk. She hopped over the counter, grabbed some ciggs and walked back out.

Simple pleasures for simple people.

Momo
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:07 pm

Wes ran into Moi "WATCH IT!...Oh Moi Hey!" he handed her some guns and some ammo.

Hgat`hgar
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:11 pm

ooc: Just for reference, the government in this is mostly people who at first wanted to hold on to the fabric of the old world, but that was tough to do, so basically they are just a gang with more people, better training, and bigger selections of weapons, since they got a hold of most the the old government stuff. They really are just a bunch of pricks who made themselves feel big by declaring themselves heads of the city, or, thats what i thought they are anyway.

IC: "Oh, your here," Terran said to Moi, "Well, now its a party," he sighed. "Well, I'm going to find that tripy guy and drag him back, I'll meet you here later Wes, have fun you two." With that Terran walked off.

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:39 pm

OOC: yah, you gotta add more detail, wtf is happening?
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Le Cruise
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:51 pm

OOC: Wes is talking to Moi Terran is looking for someone and thats all i know

Hgat`hgar
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:00 pm

OOC: Ok, I'm not mad at anyone but in the future let's clear things up a bit before we just through governmeants around :P. I didn't originally plan to have any kind of 'governmeant' in this city, but it can happen. It'll do for some plot twists and the like and that way ya'll have people to fight if you want :). But I'd like to see some more REALISTIC fighting... Just lobbing through 30 guys with just the two of you, mostly melee'ing it, I mean that's a little unrealistic. But hey, it's just a game, not trying to step on your guys's toes or rain on your parade. Anyways, for the governmeant in this city, I'll put in my 'official' input :P. The gov force in this city isn't very strong. it's backed by the main governmeant which has it's capitol and head cities over a hundred miles away. The governmeant has been sending out legions to the further reaches of the wasteland, trying to expand their lands and borders, but they're met with hard resistance. Especially in a city such as Gheckton, where the mob families and gangs have ruled over the different sections of the city for nearly 80 years. In the city center (Which is in the far Norther part of the city, where the old city hall was and stuff), is where the governmeant armory and barracks is. There's really no governmeant ruler in the city right now, they still have the task of routing the gangs so they can maintain control. So right now, there's just the governmeant army and it's Generals here, occaisionally fighting with the various gangs for territory and the like. They're better equipped than the gangs yes, but the gangs have fine weapons as well at their disposal. The governmeant sends in reinforcemeants about once a month, to fill in the empty spots due to casualties. Anyways, that's all I can really think of right now. Have fun all I'll be posting later tonight probably :).
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Axle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:27 pm

ooc: ok, ill try harder to have it more realistic fighting, as for whats going on, Wes is with Moi, and Terran is looking for Raithe so they can you'se him to help Terran and Wes to brake into the Gov office, kill people, and steal anything (and everything) they can carry, hope that clears things up.

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momo on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:14 pm

OOC: Thanks Axle for clearing that up. Soulsflame, just dont god mod and we'll be fine. Although, again, what gov. office? And what's the motivation?

IC: Moi glares at the two men, "now it's a party" said the younger man. She raised an eyebrow and stuck another cigg into her mouth. She then walked back into the bar and waited for some real action.

Momo
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:28 pm

Terran walked back to the bar after searching for Raithe. "Well that was a waste of time."

Then he started thinking back to why he hated the government. Well the reason itself was simple enough, they killed everyone he cared about, plus though none of them new it, once a government took over this city, it would get a lot worse, not better. They turned the places they controlled into living hell holes, plus you had most of your freedoms restricted. For some reason he wanted to save this town from the fates so many others had had.

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:34 am

Rathe was sitting atop a building, watching the slaughter spectacle, his face was wrenched in fear, his body shivered uncontrolably, sweat poured down his face and his back. The government was here...the government was coming for him...the government wanted him dead... George was gone now, but Rathe hadn't noticed. This typically happened when he felt a very strong singular emotion.((anger, fear, love, hate, all except happyiness, and occasional sad)) His body shook with the pure essence of fear, his wide eyes resembled that of dinner plates. He managed to speak to George finally,

"wh...wh...what?" Was all Rathe could say, although his small portion of sensiblity was still there, his overwhelming fear kept his words from being well spoke. George spoke for him

"I don't know what they want, even if it's not us, it could be a border push." George spoke in rational tones, yet his voice seemed distant and indistinct at times.((those were when Rathe's fear grew enough to block out his george creating part of his brain)) Rathe could only nod, he couldn't help but think that he, the follower was being stalked...

Le Cruise
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!