Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Castlevania: Serenade of Despair IC

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Castlevania: Serenade of Despair IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alone on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Aroon began to wake up from his deep slumber. He slowly opened his eyes and sat up. "Whoa... Where am I?" He asked the man sitting on the window shelf while looking around the house. He laid back down and found his hat on the table next to the bed and put it on his head. "Seems like this might make a nice story..." His eyes drifted toward the ceiling as he saw a strange pattern in the wood that, to the normal eye, would look unnoticeable, "This!" He jumped from his bed, "Has given me inspiration! Now do you have a pen?"
...This is it - ground zero. --- Tyler Durden

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alone
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Samuel took several steps back from Honip and gazed at him in disbelief. "Wha- h-how do you know my name?!? I-I didn't feel you touch my m-mind and I don't remember telling anybody here my name... W-what exactly are you? Moreover what is going on here? He tells me somthing about a 'great power and evil' then she comes out speaking in riddles and not making much sense. She is then followed by this Adrian fellow who says he's been waiting to go on a monster hunt without even telling us what we are hunting. Then finally you appear from nowhere, somehow knowing my name and saying how a castle is preventing me from leaving! It's just to much! Nothing adds up!" He exclaimed in a flurry of fear and confusion.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rellik
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sabata on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 am

Adrian smiled as Sam raged and let his frustrations out. "Are you finished?" he asked with a friendly tone after Sam was done.

He nodded to the rest of the group. "As I'm sure you all have questions, they will all be answered." He looked at his watch and then to the position of the moon in the sky before lifting his oil lantern and lighting it. "Alas, they will have to wait. If you would all follow me, I've marked the path through the forest leading to the castle."

He led them through a long and winding path through the dark forest. All around them, sounds of wildlife could be heard crashing through the ferns and bushes. The darkness of the forest was so thick that Adrian's lantern barely permeated the thick blackness. They came to a stop in a small clearing and Adrian turned around. "This is your last opportunity to turn back. What lies ahead is an evil only known to fairy tales."

None of the group seemed intent to leave, which was just fine with Adrian; it's not as if they'd be able to find their way back in pitch blackness anyway. He hung his lantern on the branch of a tree and turned up the flame. A thin creek ran through the clearing, the water making a slight gurgling noise on the rocks. "Feel free to rest and get water if you need it," he said. "I would recommend doing so; there won't be any more sustenance after this point on."
If I am called to duty whenever flames may rage
Give me strength to save a life whatever be its age
Help me embrace a little child before it's too late
Or save an older person from the horror of that fate
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout
And quickly and efficiently put the fire out
I want to fill my calling and give the best in me
To guard every neighbor and protect his property
And if according to my fate I am to lose my life
Please bless with your protecting hand
My children and my wife

Sabata
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:39 am

OOC: No sustenance? You mean we can't heal at conveniently placed statues? Darn....

IC: Honip chuckled. "Did you honestly expect any to try and turn back? I for one, am bound by duty to stay. I must slay this monster. My clan would never forgive my cowardice if I left." He filled a canteen with water. He removed his Heavenly Claws from his pack, and placed them on his wrists. Flexing his fingers, he smiled at how unrestrictive they were. He watched them, and it seemed to his eye as if they almost glowed with holy power. Vampire Killer they may not be, but he could only imagine them being quite useful in the coming night.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zyap on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 am

"You are in Abbyville. A town near Mount Mitchell." Was the answer of Augustus. He jumped down on the floor.. Story?? What does he mean? "I found you lying on the ground out there..." Tingay points out of the window "...do you know how you got there?" He asked while searching for a pen or something similar. "Pen.. Maybe there is one..." The first part he mumbled but the following was said a bit louder, so that it is clearly directed to the stranger. "Oh... and please try to be quiet. I don't want to get lynched by the owner." Just after he said those words, he found a pen in a drawer, which closes after a little push with his foot. "Here.." He gives it to the stranger. "Oh by the way.. My name is Tingay.. Augustus Tingay." Just a friendly smile.
Yeah that guy on the picture.. that's me! I just worked a bit on the pic so it looks like a shadow.

Zyap
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alone on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:30 pm

"Heh alright... I'll be a tad quieter." Aroon told the man softly. His hand reached into his pockets and pulled out a tattered shred of paper. He set it on his knee and began to write complete nonsense. The pictures and words were all distorted beyond comprehension. He then out it back into his pocket. "Alright thank you." Once again his voice was soft and hoarse. "So tell me Agustus, what do you know about inventing?" Aroon adjusted his hat as a smile grew on that pale face of his.

Alone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zyap on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Tinguy hopes that he WILL be quieter. After watching him writing something which you would call 'Kauderwelsch' in german or 'double Dutch' in english and listening to his words, he didn't even had any idea what to say. He knows some famous inventors by name.. even if he couldn't tell anybody what they invented. "uh... no... not really. Why do you ask?" What the hell is that guy asking? He didn't even told Tingay his name. He rethought about that question, but all he can say is: "No.. I really don't know anything about inventing." Maybe he didn't quite understood the gist of the question, because he thought, that Aroon means, what he knows about 'inventing things by yourself'.

Zyap
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alone on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 pm

"Fufufu... Seems like I may have been a bit rude." Like a misbehaving pet, Aroon's hat fell from his head once again. "Hmph... What a pain..." His eyes drifted toward the bottom of his own hat, 'I should really do something about this to keep it on my head...' he thought. "My name is Aroon, Aroon Denmar." Aroon placed that hat on his head and continued to talk, "Well... If you don't know much about inventing... I can help if you want for I am..." He made a small pose and a teeth shining smile, "An inventor!" His voice grew a bit louder during that last bit.

Alone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:55 am

Sam took several deep breaths dispersing his rage. "I-I'm sorry for shouting, it's just everything is happening so quickly... It's like I'm in a reverie and I don't know what to do. I may not be a good fighter, but if my father might be here, I'm going to check every nook and cranny there is to look... I-it's not like I can leave anyways... W-well anyways, as Honip said, my name is Sam and when ever you guys are ready to go, s-so am I." His face gleamed with false optimism, shaking from both fear and excitement simultaneously.

Rellik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zyap on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:08 am

If Augustus could hear that guys thoughts... He would have suggested a small cord or string for keeping the hat in place... He heard that inventors are a little bit crazy and -this- one could be like that. Or just hyperactive or something like that.. "Uhm.. no I'm not very interested.. but thank you for the offer.", Tingay said, "Oh.. and could you -please- be quieter." Wasn't there a noise up there? Like something falling down to the ground or a step? Let's hope that that's only Augustus Tingays imagination

Zyap
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alone on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:19 pm

"Oh... quieter... Yes yes yes of course!" He waved his hands in a fashion suited to swatting flies. Aroon checked his belt buckle and was surprised to see that he had only 2 out of 3 potions on it. "Did you by any chance find a vial with a red liquid in it? " His voice had a slight tone of worry in it, like when someone loses a beloved piece of jewelry. 'I hope he has it or at the very least its still where I fell...' He thought.

Alone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sabata on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:12 am

(Hey, Alone and Zyap. Mind joining the rest of the group? I didn't think so. I really appreciate it since all you're doing is flooding the thread with pointless conversation. kthx)

Adrian nodded. "Alright, let's get moving further."

He led the group deeper into the woods, able to navigate even with the 3-foot radius of light that emanated from the oil lantern. He shooed moths away from the light before coming to the edge of the forest. He extinguished the lantern. "Here, gentlemen, lies the gate to Hell. If you manage to escape from here with your body intact, I can guarantee you that you will lose a part of your soul along the way."

He added that last part for dramatic effect and to see if any of the group still wanted to turn back. He waited for a response from the group.

Sabata
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zyap on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:58 am

(OoC:There wasn't just the 'situation' for joining the group sorry.. But I'll try to let them go towards the group)

"No.. Should there be any where you fell?" It was dark so he just didn't seen it. What are you doing in here?? The house owner stood in the door and seemed very angry. Get out of here! Immediately! His voice didn't let any place for any arguing comments.

"Uhm. I'm sorry but he-" I don't care, what he's doing in here! Get-Out-Of-My-House! Tingay looked to Aroon. "We better do what he says" So he made his way out of the house in the night. "Bastard.." he mumbled

Zyap
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alone on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:32 pm

"Che!" Aroon spat onto the floor and followed Tingay out of the house. "What a jerk! Throwing us into the night like this!" He slammed his foot onto the ground, "Geh... So what are we going to do now? We should probably get out of here since I don't think you have another place to stay..." His eyes scanned the night sky, "What a real pain... Maybe I should have been more careful with myself." He kicked a rock and saw a broken vial with a very small amount of red liquid in it. 'Must have been the potion...' He thought as he stared at the shards of glass, 'Whatever...'

Alone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amadeous on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 am

"Get on with it already." Loki ordered Adrian impatiently. He was sick of waiting for the man to overact every nuance of the place, to try and add a terrifying feeling. It wouldn't work on him though, Loki thought. He knew he was destined to rule this place one day, and how could a ruler fear his own home? Staring back at the others in the group, he viciously glared at them for dragging so far behind. Patience was not something Loki had much of. If he wanted something, he'd take it, but in situations like these where that was not an option, he quickly grew angry. Shouting back at the others, Loki took a threatening tone. "Would you fools quit blabbering about so we can continue?" He glared angrily at all of them, and lasted over Sam. The young boy was growing courageous, no doubt, which worried Loki slightly. It meant he'd probably follow them inside and he'd have to deal with him even longer. "We can make pleasantries later. Work now." Breaking his gaze, Loki hastened his gait to stand beside Adrian, to be ready as soon as he was allowed inside.
I'M GONNA STICK ME THUMBS IN YER EYEBALLS AND HANG ON TILL YER DEID!

characters/Ansgar%20Thunaraz
characters/Vakt%20Gotteschvert

Amadeous
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zyap on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 am

~hm.. maybe I should just go on with my mission.. Even if they would know somethings wrong with me sneaking around there~ He was confident, that there are enemies of the union - just as what has been said to him. "I don't know, what you are going to do now, but I have something... to do" He isn't able to sham anything - but he tries at least. "Oh.. and don't even try, to ask someone else.. They pretend to be not at home." ~I just hope, that he doesn't want to come along..~

Zyap
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alone on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:46 pm

"Heh. So you got something to do too?" Arron looked at the mountains, "Ya see I'm here for that reason," He pointed at Mount Mitchell, "That's the whole reason I even came to this place. Just for that place right there." he took a couple steps away from him, "I'm guessing they pretend not to be home because they don't like outsiders? Well whatever, either way I won't try." He gave a small chuckle and dug into his little puch at the side of his belt, rummaging trough all types of junk and creations. He pulled out a small box like figure with a fuse and many scratches, dulling the white color of it. He tossed it at Tingay, "Take it for helping me, it's a little flour bomb. Only has one use though." He smiled and began to walk in the direction toward the town exit.

Alone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 pm

"L-like I said before, I'm not going to back out. Let's just go, the suspense is a bit much..." Sam felt a cold chill run down his spine, he turned and observed Loki giving a cold gaze upon the group but seemed to focus heavily on Samuel. This made Sam feel very uneasy and didn't know why. "H-have I offended you some how? You seem so cross with me and I'm not sure why, I mean I don't even know your name..." He said to Loki. It was apparent that the boy was intimidated by him.

Rellik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sabata on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:06 am

Adrian turned around and smiled as the rest of the group caught up to him. With a dramatic flourish, he drew his sword and opened the heavy main gates. The interior of the castle was lit by torches and candles set in various places through the winding entryway. Above them in the high ceiling, they could hear the ruffling of bats' wings.

Everything in the castle was covered in at least a half-inch thick coating of dust. Adrian stepped inside the castle and felt the familiar sharp drop in temperature. His breath curled out in front of him in a white cloud.

"Many warriors before you have attempted to infiltrate this castle and defeat the evil lurking within. The bones and souls of the fallen still linger behind these walls, and they will make their presence known." His eyes sharpened. "Before we head in, keep these things in mind. Do not separate from the group. You will be swallowed by the castle within seconds the instant you set foot away from us. Don't chase anything that leads you anywhere. Shadows and spirits crawl through these damned halls and will lead you into disorientation where you will quickly be overtaken by the castle itself."

He lifted his sword and spread his arm in a grandiose fashion. "Gentlemen, welcome to Hell."

Sabata
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:08 am

Honip smiled. "Been there, trust me, this is nothing. I take it you ever went into the war, did you? I have a feeling that's the worst thing I'll see in a while. I've faced similar powers before, if not as strong. It wasn't that bad. The war? Watching friends die by your hand? Awful."

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!