Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Absolute Zero (OOC~Sign Ups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Absolute Zero (OOC~Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Par Zenith on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:42 am

I figured since i haven't recieved a reply yet about the Transmorphation power, that i might as well post the other character i was planning on using. Cough cough, he is an accomplished ESPer hunter-killer type Merc, if anybody is interested. Once one of my characters is accepted i might be less apathetic about my employment and PM people(XD), but for now here he is:

Name: Inglebert Jägermeister

Alternative Name: usually some strange alias, but for those who come to know him they just call him "Bert"

Faction: Mercenary

ESP Type: N/A

ESP Level: 0

Abilities: although Bert has no psychic capabilities, he has developed over the years, many valuable skills and abilities.

Polyglot:
Bert has natural born capability to learn and apply language. he is currently fluent in German, English, French, Spanish, and Italian. this fluency is not just in speech, but in thought. On top of that, he has fashioned his own special code that he uses to think with, created from structures, phrases and sounds of ten different languages, as a defence against mind reading. To most, it would sound like complete gibberish.

Illusionist:
The ability to fool people, without the help of any psychic abilities. As an illusionist, depending on what resources he has at hand, he can misdirect attention, pickpocket, plant foreign objects without notice, and can manipulate people, large crowds even, with relative ease.

Parkor and Tricking:
To get from point A to point B with little to no hindrance; as Bert is fairly athletic, he can scale walls and squeeze through impossible places with speed and precision. Although Teleportation and Telemovement are obviously more superior, Bert is capable of reaching places near impossible to get to in comparison with most people. Impressive by itself, Bert's' Parkor is only amplified by his Tricking; integration and combination of many different styles and acrobatic feats of gymnastics, break dancing and martial arts.

Appearance: Bert could be an actor with his looks and charm; he stands at 5'10, weighing in at 150lb. of pure athleticism. He has mysterious deep blue eyes and scruffy but healthy dark blonde hair that reaches almost to the bridge of his sharp nose; his slim and hairless jaw is punctuated by pearly whites that people could die for. When Bert smiles, all the ladies become entrapped; his portrait could be that of a model. No tattoo's, no visible scars, and no piercings. Bert can usually be seen wearing cargo pants, long sleeve T-shirts with funny phrases or pictures, stylish sneakers and a small black leather jacket. For the most part, if doesn't hinder his movement, it's good to wear. Otherwise he wears clothing specific to the situation. When he walks, it is almost as if a person were watching a dance; Bert is always seen as being relaxed and comfortable wherever he might be.

Personality: Driven is the best word to describe Bert. To most people he can appear as light-hearted and carefree, and can be seen as mysterious, intriguing and adventurous to the ladies. Jokes and stories abound from him, and he can be the life of the party if he feels the need. If somebody is feeling down, he can cheer them up, and is usually first to lend a helping hand to anyone in need. Yet deep down underneath the blanket of kindness and warmth is an injured man. He keeps his past ambiguous and his darker feelings at bay, lest somebody become close to Bert. He does not ever want love, in any form, to impede his goals.

Bio: Born to a mother who died shortly when Bert was only a couple of years old, he was raised in the foster care system - being moved from family to family, constantly under relocation. Deprived of a stable home, Bert never really connected deeply with his foster parents or siblings. However, through his years being transferred to and from various families, he became learned how to interact with a multitude of people and settings, young and old, energetic to lethargic. In addition to his growing people skills, the many people who cared for Bert took note of his impressive intellect. Even before reaching puberty, his display of knowledge and problem solving skills were surpassing that of teenagers in high school. All he ever longed for though, was a family he could love.
When Bert turned thirteen, he was finally placed in a permanent home in New Berlin. Unlike all of the previous parents and siblings he had before, there was a connection between him and his new mother, father, and older brother; he quickly grew to love them as if he was truly born into their home. As the years passed, his intellect only expanded, and his accomplishments were truly of note. he joined sports teams, volunteered his time into the community, held a part time job in the service industry, and still had time for his family. At the end of his years in high school, many people were astonished with his one-hundred percent overall average. This was a testament to the brain Bert was gifted with; he didn't need to be an ESPer. On his eighteenth birthday, his parents took Bert and his brother to a fancy restaurant to celebrate. All was wonderful and joyous, until halfway through dinner. Until the explosion.
Bert awoke in a hospital bed, confused and disorientated. Once he was coherent, the nurses explained to Bert that he was the victim of a violent ESPer who had attacked everybody in anger, the cause still unclear. He was one of the lucky ones they explained. Most people in the restaurant were killed, including Bert's loving family. In all the years he had been alive, Bert had never experienced the feelings he was experiencing now. He broke down into tears and screams of pain and sadness.
Bert was filled with anger, and used it to fuel his newfound hatred for the ESPers, especially the one who took the lives of the ones he lost; the most important people in his life. He wanted revenge. And whatever Inglebert put his mind to, he could accomplish. He began to train himself rigorously in many arts, body and mind, to counter the special abilities of the ESPers. With his inheritance, he was able to gain access to special equipment to counter ESP abilities. His natural charisma and intelligence allowed him to make the right connections, and to blend in wherever he went. They had taken everything from him. Now, he was going to take everything from them, by any means necessary.

Anything of Note: Bert has a variety of anti-ESPer defence and weaponry gear. Some of it may have been obtained illegally. This gear can range anywhere from poisons to light G under armour to electrified tether guns.

and if anybody finds this not specific enough, let me know

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Par Zenith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:58 am

Alv, sorry I haven't posted in the IC. I'm going to try work on a post now!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fluesopp on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 am

@ Ian32: I certainly think that you will be accepted. But Alvaron said that he might disapprove profiles if they unbalance the presence of characters in the different factions. Right now I think subjects are filled. After that, EPC and shroud are on four while Primus and the Mercs are on three, so I think that as long you are not a Subject, it's fine ;)

@Par Zenith: Alvaron disapproved shapeshifting some pages ago. But he approved one which had the ability to turn red (as a bi-effect of his primal power. See first page)
This be his answer:
I'm unsure, in some respects I'm going to say ESP can affect anything on a physical level, ergo physical objects, organic objects, anything with a structure can be effected, however forces cannot just as magnetism and gravity. I'm going to say maybe, within the concept of healing is coaxing the body to heal faster with aid, I can imagine slight physical changes would be possible. I'll let you keep the skin change and muscular changes, however changing into something quite different is out.

Fluesopp
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fluesopp on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Hello... Did this RP just die, after all this setup?
Alvaron, where is the dedication? I know you said it was not going to be a fast paced RP, but this is stretching it.
DA RULES wrote:5. Activity, I expect a post a day at minimum.

Fluesopp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Aye, what happened :<? This is a really interesting premise, and I'd rather not see the RP die so easily! x3 cmon people! Post! Post like the wind! Or at least like the breeze - 3-

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:01 pm

Apologies for inactivity, I've been busy this week quite heavily. I'll be posting in the weekend to move stuff along.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaro Sarashi on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Hey ya'lls. Good news. I should be ungrounded tomorrow which means I'll have my characters done sometime tomorrow or saturday Alv. :3 all depends on parents. *crosses fingers*

Mikaro Sarashi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:25 am

Sorry about the long delay, I have been gone longer than I though. Anyways, I have posted my intro and hoped it suffice.

Pride
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Otto, you'll have a Squad of Bioweapon type Shock Troops to field, they're pretty much drones to control without any ESP abilities.

Maestro, your character has been deployed, feel free to go about your own business towards the common Shroud goal.

I'll be posting about Michael shortly.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:39 pm

Nifty nifty.

I'll put 'em to good use. ETA on arrival?

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:40 pm

Determinable time, Shrouds headquarters is in London so nothing too major, nondescript transport could get them about swiftly enough.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaro Sarashi on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:50 pm

I lost it. I lost everything. I had two characters and the third one almost finish and my firefox crashed. I lost everything Alv. I have nothing of it. *bursts into tears and goes to kill the first fuzzy animal she finds*

Mikaro Sarashi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:26 am

I'm very lucky I just glanced at this thread and that Alvaron's post was today! Thanks for the update; I'll go check right now.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:59 am

*prods people*

You pestered me to post, I posted a bit ago. Get posting yourselves.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:46 pm

I am viscously waiting for Near to post. He is taking forever, and I can't move on without him.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sariel on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi , I'm really interested in this rp. Its really in-depth with its skills, limits, groups, etc. Would it be too late to join?
no one wins a war.

Sariel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:03 pm

Not at all, please be aware the more full groups may be restricted to join. Needless, put up a profile and we'll see.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Sorry for not posting Alvaron, but I do have some good news and bad news. The good news is I am now officially free from problems, the bad news is I have to post tomorrow or you will get a one para post which would be lame.

Of course, my char have nothing to do except search so I feel that I cannot post until his target(s) reveal themselves. Until then, I will wait patiently, in other word, lurking. Well I am going to sleep too tired to post.

Pride
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:06 pm

First of all, I am most sorry I wasn't able to get a post up tonight, things came up and... I just wasn't able to get it written, however, tomorrow I'll try and get something together.

Again, I apologize for the delay.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:44 am

Sorry it took me so long to get something ;-; up. I didn't mean to. I just struggled to come up with anything decent with writers block and lack of creativity. Hopefully my post was good enough >_<

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!