Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Noob Pool - A Role Play Improvement/Mentoring Experiment

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!
Dropping her bags off in her room, Sylvia walked back down to were everyone else seemed to be congregating. "What's all the ruckus about here? Isn't there supposed to be fun here at this hotel?" She didn't ask anyone in particular, she just barged in on the conversation like she owned the place.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lady_Crimson89
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Noob Pool - A Role Play Improvement/Mentoring Experiment

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mario94 on Tue May 18, 2010 6:28 pm

A shadow appeared at the doorway. The figure stood ominously, then came closer. When it entered, it was lit up to show a young man 6 feet tall. He walked to the front desk and asked, "Do you have any rooms open at all?"

"We do," the lobbyist replied. "Is there a certain floor you would like to be on?"

"I won't mind wherever you put me."

"What name shall I put down for this room?"

"Tyrone Morrison."

"Alright. Here's your key. You'll be in room 321 on the third floor. Enjoy your stay."

Tyrone decided to walk up the stairs. At this time of night, there were bound to be people at the elevators, and if one of his episodes started again, he didn't want it to happen where all could see. When he got to his room, he didn't even bother with unpacking. He just fell asleep in the bed. At 1:20 that morning, he heard a click coming from his door. He hopped out and watched the door open, and a silhouette stood, surrounded by the hall lights.

"Well, looks like I finally have someone to hold for ransom in this trash heap," the man said. He pulled out a pistol and demanded, "Hand over your money and valuables if you know what's good for you, Junior."

"How the hell did you even get in to my room?" Tyrone stuttered.

"Does that matter?" The armed thief retorted. "Gimme anything worth money now or I'll kill you and take it myself!"

Tyrone started to notice his hand turning black. Not a moment too soon, he thought.

"Was I not clear? Gimme your money or I'll...I'll...What the hell is going on with you?" the criminal said, watching in shock as Tyrone transformed.

"Guess you picked the wrong kid to try and rob." Tyrone blazed the would-be robber and sent him rolling on the ground, trying to put it out. As soon as he did, the boy charged and punched the criminal through the floor, knocking him out cold. Once the police were set to drop by, he fell back asleep.

I guess I'll just stay here as long as I need to. If this is how it's gonna keep up, then maybe I should find another place to stay...
CHEATZ! Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left Right

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mario94
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby o90x56 on Wed May 19, 2010 7:07 am

Roxana fluidly pulled out an aluminum-foiled rectangle out of her conveniently baggy pockets, flashing an equally awkward grin as she presented the object.

"Hey... I'm sorry I don't buy elves and end-of-the-world stories, so please accept my sweet, milk-chocolate apologies--"

Ignore me, creeps, and I'm so gonna give you all another present, she thought violently; hoping no vein twitched along with the hidden message to give it away. Who'd believe such a sop story, anyway? Especially now that the so-called pretty-prissy elf-lady wasn't speaking at all.

Upon hearing police sirens flutter through the hotel walls, Roxana had hoped that the vermin would finish their business soon. Police at Myrtle Beach... things are getting weird.

o90x56
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Wed May 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Ignoring Roxana, seeing as she didn't really care about the situation nor did he eat chocolate, the blue vulpine looked over to Sylvia. At the sight of her a smile flashed across his muzzle before he quickly wiped it away. As he turned to more fully face her, however, his tail did resume it's slow, calm swishing, contradictory to his previous stressed state. "Hey, nice to see you." Ris didn't know her, but he was still being honest. "And actually, till today this place was pretty much empty...What a coincidence, eh? Just when the world's about to end."

Ris
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

"The world's about to end?" Sylvia's tail swished a little more anxiously and her right ear twitched slightly, more from the smile Ris had hidden than the ridiculous notion of the end of the world. "I hope you don't think me rude, but it does seem quite absurd and out of the question." She observed him a little, not recalling ever seeing a blue anthropomorph fox before, but it was definitely intriguing for her. "If it's true, there's quite a bit I'd like to get done before I die."

Lady_Crimson89
Member for 15 years

Ivy ran to the window and searched for the source of the unfamiliar sound, her face twisted in confusion. It sounds kind of like...but I thought that didn't happen here... Gulping and playing with her wristband, she wondered if she should ask the others. Would it give her away? Would it make her look weird? You already look weird, you idiot. This can't do any more harm...
"E-excuse me? Does-s a-anyone know wh-what th-th-that str-r-range n-noise is-s-s?"
Evidently, the pale, nervous girl who hallucinated and stuttered also wasn't familiar with police sirens.

Thread-Killer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NashiAri on Thu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Ari gave up on Syn and walked back over to Ivy, "By the looks of it," he said, "local law enforcement seems to be stirred up..." he looked out a window and it was an average cruiser. "Nothing to do with us... I hope."

NashiAri
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Thu May 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Ris' ears perking up, he suddenly became aware of the sirens. Sirens meant police. "Uh oh." The blue vulpine looked toward the front door, and without another word, bolted toward it. Veering slightly off to the side, Ris kicked off of the wall, quickly pulling himself up and over onto the stone ledge hanging over the doorway, taking him out of view of the outside world and everyone inside who wouldn't think to look up.

Ris
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby o90x56 on Fri May 21, 2010 1:27 am

Fine, ignore the chocolate. This was the good brand anyway, Roxana thought venomously; the half-naked bar of chocolate being the unfortunate subject of the voracious wrath of her teeth.

"Why'd they call the police, though? We have elves and homo-foxes running around the hotel. Unless you people have wanted posters plastered all over the place--" The snide manner of questioning broke off as the said blue fox ran off and literally tore off the hotel door. Of course, such manners would take the fun out of badgering a bunch of characters whose eccentricity would suffice to make even her look normal.

The words that weren't let out going dry, Roxana's hyperactive mindset then lingered onto the possibilities behind the presence of police within the area. After all, Myrtle Beach was well described to her as a place not much people really cared about. Meaning, there shouldn't be that much people. Hell; if I know, there probably wouldn't be any people worth robbing or killing in this junkyard--

"Erm... so, I trust that the elves-taking-over-the-world issue has just blasted off the roof. What about blue? He's scared of police?" She dared question whoever remained of the strange crowd.

o90x56
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velocity on Fri May 21, 2010 1:45 am

(OOC: Ris I hope I'm not totally out of line here, but I liked your ideas and the race you created :p. So tell me if you want me to change it.)

A blue vulpine stepped out of of the cruiser's passenger door. Her clawed foot crushing a dry leaf as she surveyed the scene. An average enough looking hotel, filled with "average" enough people. Could this be what the report meant? She wondered to herself. She shrugged, it wasn't her duty to question... it was her duty to prosecute. The vulpine grimaced at the source of the call. A hysterical neighbour wasn't really the type to rely on. Purposefully, she strode up the stairs and entered the lobby. Now that she was closer, the vulpine could see that they weren't all normal as she had predicted. There were humanoids with ear reconstruction and a nervous looking girl she thought could faint. Looking around the room, the vulpine saw no others so continued up to the main group. She spoke in what she hoped was a cool, constructive manner, as she had been trained to when dealing with civilians.
"Afternoon, all. My name is Sergeant Crey, we recently recieved a report of disturbing activity up on the third floor. You wouldn't happen to know anything about this would you?" Once again, Crey's eyes roamed the group, her tail swishing in impatience as she waited for an answer.
Last edited by Velocity on Fri May 21, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Not even the wisest men know the end to all the trails"
- Jack in the Green
"You gave me everything I wanted and they became as nothing"

Velocity
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NashiAri on Fri May 21, 2010 5:22 am

Ari didn't look at her, "Well sorry Officer," he said, his voice the eptomite of innocence, "I personally have no idea about the ruckus on the third floor" he whispered to Ivy quietly, "Hey, are you alright?" he asked, he didn't wan her dropping into a trance again. It seemed painful, and this person has easily gone through enough. He gave her a reassuring smile.

NashiAri
Member for 14 years

Hearing his words to her, she looked round and smiled weakly. "I-I'm fi-ine, thanks-s-s", she mumbled. Then, turning to the sergeant, she said, "I-I-I don't know anyth-thing either, s-sorry". She studied this new arrival carefully. What was she doing here? Why did she want to know about this "disturbing activity"? Did she have to do with the "local law enforcement" Ari had mentioned? What did that mean, anyway? She understood the words "local" and "enforcement", but what did "law" mean? The word "enforcement" seemed particularly significant to her; it reminded her of things back home...suddenly, all she saw was blood. She shook her head and took a step away from the sergeant. Don't think about that; things like that don't happen here. You don't want to faint again.

Thread-Killer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NashiAri on Tue May 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Ari looked at the officer, "Don't worry about her." he said, she's a bit tired. He flashed a slight smile at her, "Sorry."

NashiAri
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Tue May 25, 2010 9:51 pm

(OOC: lol You're perfectly fine)

Ris remained silent on his perch, sitting carefully crouched with his ears perked and his cool blue eyes focused on the scene below him.

'Huh...Didn't expect to see anyone like her here...'

His tail silently flicked now and then from one side to the other, but otherwise he remained motionless, not exactly wanting to get caught--especially after it may look like he had been trying to run from the authorities. The vulpine had nothing to do with the apparent ruckus a few floors up, but she had no way of knowing that.

Ris
Member for 15 years

Sylvia looked to the officer, her own tail swishing silently behind her. "I didn't even know anyone was staying on the third floor, ma'am."

Lady_Crimson89
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velocity on Thu May 27, 2010 4:24 am

Sergeant Crey swished her tail in annoyance. Everyone always played the innocent.
"Surely one of you heard it?" She asked accusingly, eyeing off each member of the group in turn. They could all be in on it and I would never know... Crey thought to herself. Her eyes narrowed as she stepped past the group towards the stairs.
"Well then I guess you wouldn't mind if I have a look around then? Shouldn't be anything to worry about I suppose?" Hearing no objections, the blue vulpine continued slowly up the long, steep stairs. As if in an afterthought, the Sergeant turned her head and asked, "Where's the manager anyway?"

Velocity
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NashiAri on Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Ari thougt for a moment of the sobbing manager and approached the officer. "She's sick right now." he said, "Just ask me," he said, "I'm a regular around here and looked upon her with his odd eyes, he stuck his hands in the pockets of his trenchcoat. He raised his eyebrow at her, "If that is allowed, Officer." he said, his respect was edged with a rather noticeable hint of sarcasm laden in his every word.

NashiAri
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NashiAri on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:04 am

((...Is this place dead?))

NashiAri
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:36 am

NashiAri, I do believe so as Sonata hasn't come around too much to my knowledge. If you believe that you still need help, please do reach out for another, more active, mentor like Ylanne.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NashiAri on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:11 am

Uhmmmm okey dokey! But do I need to make a character to join other ones? Or is that the chat?

NashiAri
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!