Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The School Across the Way (OOC: Open&Need people)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The School Across the Way (OOC: Open&Need people)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Are you going to put as much detail into the school as you did the characters? I think it would be great if you did, and may I volunteer my experiences as a boarding school student?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PixieCP
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 am

Alright so I'm back, and sorry about the wait.
Looking over all the students we have enough people to start the roleplay.
I will be editing the surroundings of the school, as well as who is dorming with who.
Also I may add some specializations.
Lastly, someone asked the limit of specializations and that will be 3. However if you have something relevant to a power, such as sight seeing, I'll not count it. And that can bump to 4 (may change this)
I'd also like to add everyone from the boarding school (the normal students) are new. So no one knows eachother since the school has just opened. I'll make a first post and give the link as soon as I edit a few things.
(We still need teachers, I'll allow double characters if anyone wants to play one. Also we need more males, from both schools, but that doesn't mean I wont accept females. Ignore the amount of character slots on the first page, im unable to edit it.)

EDIT:

Surroundings from Alamore point of view.
Across the street from Alamore (And this isnt a used street i just want to get across the size)
Is the other school. In the middle of the two schools, yet to the right, are the dorms, originally belonging to Alamore but this year being shared as the other dorms are still being built (to the left). The dorms are shared by both genders, however males are downstairs and females upstairs. Security is heavy on both floors. Because of certain race time issues, there is no time in which students much be in their dorms. But they are monitered one way or another. (How they are monitered they are not told.)
Behined Alamore school (two floors by the way) is a gym, as well as a pool to the right of that. To the left of the gym are recreation activities such as volleyball, tennis, etc.
In the gym Alamore holds many of its combat or magic defense or arts classes. This is also heavily monitered.

The other school, is only single story but wider in size, such as like a university.
They have a surrounding parking lot, to the back of the school an inside pool, gym, tennis, raquetball, volleyball, etc. This school is heavy with both car and student traffic. Certain areas of the school are still under construction.

Other:
The schools for the most part are away from society, the closest thing near them would be a small shopping strip, and that is about an hour away. This was done intentionally for Alamore.

Ranking system for Alamore races:

WIthin Alamore this is also somewhat of a status ranking. This is based on family, royalty, nobility, pureblood or not, being alpha, beta, etc, amount of people one uses their power on, money, power within family, etc.

Female Dorms:
(Second Floor)

Ashiya Anne Mae & Sophia Marie Gonzalez [100]
Rachelle Janessa (RJ) Maria Garcia & Fayette Raisa Dain [112]
Leslie Jo Meadows & Imogene Hill [120]
Selena Katharine Marvel & TBD [121]

Male Dorms:
(First Floor)

Leon Aldertori Cavallone + Akira Knight [42]
Kieran Jonas Wella-Viken + TBD [44]

IN CHARACTER
the-school-across-the-way-t37438.html

Last edited by Fallen on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fallen
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Sorry for al edit being on the second page, I assume the first page is too old for me to edit or something not sure. I may PM everyone later today who has not posted. If you have made a profile but havenot posted in IC please tell me if you are still interested, and yes we still need people.

Fallen
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:15 am

I think I described it pretty well in my post, but I'm gonna drag out old graph paper and start drawing some hella clumsy layouts mkay? I'll pass em through Fallen first.

PixieCP
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Mind if I join? I'll make one or two skeletons. (:

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Go ahead, we're still open =]

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Alrighty, I'm all done. (;
-----
Alamore High Teacher
Name:
Lucas (Luke) Anthony Peterson
Race:
Vampire
Element:
Water/Ice
Abilities:
Aside from being able to manipulate water, Lucas has the ability to look into the minds of his students and change their thoughts as well. Although it is rude, and quite inappropriate at times, he tends to look into and change their minds when watching class videos, during tests, and, most importantly, when they are not paying attention in class.
Grade taught:
Juniors and Seniors, perhaps younger advanced students as well.
Classes taught:
Element Mastery, Magical History, and Magical Defense
Personality:
When in class Lucas hides his emotions behind a mask of clear seriousness. He does not like it when students mess around in his class and tends to punish them as needed. When teaching, Luke smiles very little and laughs almost never. If you are lucky, you may catch him smirk after a prank or inappropriate remark but he will soon cover it up and continue on with teaching.

After school hours, Lucas is an outgoing, musical man. He loves to smile and laugh as much as he enjoys breaking the rules of the campus. He tends to flirt a lot with many women, staff or student. Once in a while he will make a sarcastic or smart-ass remark to something, but tends to tone it down in fear of embaressment.
Romantic Interest:
TBA
Biography:
Lucas was born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa. His parents, both vampires, tried to raise him as a proper young man. As he got older, he caused much trouble in school and after school activities, such as baseball and mountain biking. When he found music, his attitude change, for the most part. Although he still causes trouble around the school, Luke has toned it down very much since his teenage years.

Through-out his teaching years, Lucas has broken the rules of student/teacher relationships. He tends to flirt a lot with the girls in his class, and taunts the new freshmen who arrive.
Bookbag:
In his bookbag, Lucas carries TouchSmart notebook, pens, a notebook, gum, cell phone and closed water bottle.

Alamore High Student
Name:
Selena Katharine Marvel
Orientation:
Bisexual
Grade:
Twelfth
Race:
Succubus
Element:
Wind
Specializations:
Theurgy, Sightseeing, and Alchemy
Abilities:
As of now, the only two abilities Selena holds are the power to seduce anyone at anytime and the power of telekinesis. Perhaps she will learn more through out the school year.
Weaknesses:
Rejection is Selena’s weakness. Although she has the power to seduce anyone, on rare occasions it does not work. This is when she feels most defeated.
Circle:
Drama Geek
Selena is the head drama queen. She can hold anyone’s attention at anytime and can wow on stage no matter what. People listen to her, aside from the Plastics, of course.
Personality:
Although she may seem like the perfect student, Selena is a rude, sarcastic, bitchy drama queen. She tends to be the center of attention and cares nothing of the feelings she hurts when there. Her rude remarks make Goth’s cry, her sarcastic comments scare the Surfers, and her confidence threatens the Plastics.

When on stage, Selena can play any character and sing any song perfectly. She shows no sign of hesitation when talking back. You may call her the popular, perfect, popular girl of the school, and you’d be right. She works out every night and eats health, making sure to keep her perfect hourglass shape.
Biography:
Selena was welcomed into the world by two upperclass parents in San Fransicso, California. She lived her childhood in a villa on the south-west end of the city, very close to the Pacific Ocean. She hadn’t always been a total drama queen, before junior high, Selena was a geek. A freak. She was the one with early braces and no friends. When she hit junior high, that all changed. She found drama club and choir where she excelled immensely. Her parents quickly became sick of her never-ending drama spree and sent her off the first year of high school to Alamore where she stayed for four years.
My little secrets:
When in elementary school, she was the geek. Without her confidence and friends to hold her up, she’d be that way an instance.
Extra:
N/A
School Bag:
In her school bag, Selena carries an emergancy make-up kit, her iPhone, laptop, notebooks for each class, a sanitary bag, headphones, gum, and a pencil bag.
Suitcase:
Two of her Favorite Outfits
Her Two Swimsuits
Her Workout Clothes
And many other outfits and such, including a maxi gown and a skiing outfit for Winter Break.
Romantic Interest:
TBA
Dorm:
TBA
Last edited by Shooting Stars on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Lol I want to steal that teacher for myself xD
Im unable to edit the first page of accepted characters anymore but that char is accepted :]

EDIT: Yes it's fine.

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Lol, I don't blame you. Go ahead. xD

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:02 am

Alright, PixieCP has been working on some actual layouts of the dorms and dorm areas.
So far, here are the dorm room layouts themselves. This is for both male and female dorms.

Dorm room layouts

Pending: Common room/lounge layouts
Basic school layout

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkeetSkeet on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Alamore High: Special Students (Students)
Name: Naomi Jong Chimi
Orientation:Straight
Grade:Junior
Race:Vampire
Element:Water
Specializations: Element Mastery, Magical History.
Abilities:Twist water into different shapes
Weaknesses:Sunlight.
Circle: Ulzaang
Personality: Naomi is pretty quite when she's outside of her group, which is barely ever. When she's with her group, she loves making funny faces, cracking jokes every chance she can get- whether they be dirty or just funny ones like 'your mom' jokes. When she's alone in the room, she's pretty quiet unless there's music on, then she'll either sing or dance along with the song. Naomi absolutely hates when people are sad, and usually tries to cheer them up however she can. Even if she's not with her group. Sometimes she can be uptight, but that's mainly because she tries to keep her grades at atleast a B average. Other than that...she's a pretty hyper girl. She tries to stay in touch with everybody that she's ever talked to, but that usually ends up as a complete. Since she's a vampire, and she's in the Ulzaang group, it's pretty easy to fit in. Considering they usually wear lighter makeup anyones. HOwever, she does still have to put a bit of darker foundation on.
Biograpapghy:Her and her mother and father live-well just her mother and father now- pretty close to the school, and her parents are completely fine with what kind of creature Naimo is; mind the time she almost attacked her grandmother. But she's much better at handling her powers.
My little secrets:I tend to flirt with teachers more than the students.

School Bag: Gum , pencil, eraser,G2 juice, camera, makeup, ipod.
Suitcase: That's her favorite outfit ---->
http://www.luxemix.com/luxemix/wp-content/themes/luxetheme/images/polyvore.jpg And that's her wardrobe--->http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFjdzQWE2d3puM0JHUUk5UDhvcmNBY2cAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

Romantic Interest:-none-
Dorm: N/A

SkeetSkeet
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkneosoldier on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 am

Is there room for a male?

darkneosoldier
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 pm

There's room for heaps since I dunno where some folk have got to. Post here and start playing! :3

PixieCP
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkeetSkeet on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Is this dead? If not, I'll post IC :]

SkeetSkeet
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaturallyConfused on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Still room for one more.?

NaturallyConfused
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 pm

I had actually posted a new OOC for this, since most of the people are MIA. I wanted everyone to post their profiles again so i can see who is actually wanting to join, the new OOC should be somewhere o.O"

the-school-across-the-way-highschool-redo-ooc-open-t38435.html

The new OOC.

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!