Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rarely, They Meet

Rarely, They Meet

a part of “Rarely, They Meet”, a fictional universe by Cloasse.

If the situation is so dire that an entire group of hunters are required, how well does it bode for humanity?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rarely, They Meet”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Rarely, They Meet

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:04 am

It all sounds good to me.

Maybe we should start off in the drama?

Like pick up where the intro left off?
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:35 am

Sounds like a fairly good idea to me.

I'll get the others involved to read this through and see what opinions they have to share.

Thanks

Lain-Ange

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CHain_Way on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Sounds good to me! Looking forward to getting it going.

Hopefully that will be soon, yes? Me and my angel are getting impatient Miss. Clo. Hehe.
Orsa of Terminus

CHain_Way
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:46 am

Before we get the roleplay off shouldn't we identify the times our hunters have worked together?Something in the style of:

Your character's name:
Their partner:
The case:
The outcome:
General attitude:(on each other)
Comments from your character:

We could always freehand it and identify each other in IC if this isn't to your liking though.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:11 am

I like the idea of identifying everyone's connections beforehand. It would be cool to give our characters a history with each other.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 am

Heya, folks!

I apologize for the lack of reply these few days, but, as many of you may already know, I've been in and out of hospital for just over a week, so...

Sorry!

Anyhow, yes, thank you, Rincewind, that sounds like a great idea to me.

No doubt there will be a bit of discussion upcoming, and I do apologize if I end up not replying - I will warn you now that my internet connection at hospital is literally non-existent, but do know that I am missing y'all if I am not online.

Thanks for your patience,

Lainy

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 am

I have no problem with waiting, especially for a reason as yours.

I don't really know your situation, but I hope you get better soon!

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:49 pm

I got bored,decided I'd make an encounter up for Alex/Mercy

Your character's name: Alexander Valentine
Their partner: Mercy Mathers (Flysociety)
The case: A Black dog had been trapped in a pound by the police but no one was able to kill him,Alex was just driving by and Mercy was doing whatever Fly wanted him to do.Alex covered the building in crosses while Mercy went inside to take care of the black dog,it escaped through a window that Alex hadn't managed to paint.
The outcome: Mercy lured the Black dog into an Imam's house and Alex stabbed him in the back with a crescent moon and Mercy finished him off with the star.(The star and moon are the symbols of the Muslim religion while an Imam is the Muslim version of a priest)
General attitude: Amicable
Comments from your character: Efficient yet uncouth,his street smarts far outweigh his book smarts.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:04 am

That sounds good Rince, I was actually thinking about doing one for our two characters myself.

I thought they would also bond over their love for alcohol.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Character's Name: Liza A. Covet

Partner's Name: Hisoka Akio

First Case: Harpies, however spectacular and interesting they may seem due to their ugliness and wings, are known from mythology as 'snatchers'. Usually, what these ugly bird-women steal is simply foodstuffs such as fresh vegetables and any food that may be left unattended. Unfortunately, the one which both Covet and Akio caught wind of was a most disillusioned creature. The harpy they both tracked was stealing small children, from babies straight out of the maternity ward to infants in a playground.

Liza assumed that, as a lesser form of demonic nature, the harpy would be an easy kill. She did not, however, take into a ccount the disadvantage that she would fall victim to; Liza forgot that the harpy would be able to take wing at the blink of an eye, giving the demon the clear advantage of an aerial attack.

Outcome: Thankfully, Hisoka had also been tracking this particularly nasty harpy, and managed to rescue the situation with quick thinking that allowed Liza to deliver the final blow that sent the demon straight back to hell.

General Attitude: Although Liza is fully aware that she would have been harpy-food if Hisoka had not turned up, she is less than ready to admit it and actively denies that Hisoka 'saved' her.

Character's Comment (to Hisoka): "Shut up, you overgrown canary."

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:59 pm

flysociety wrote:That sounds good Rince, I was actually thinking about doing one for our two characters myself.

I thought they would also bond over their love for alcohol.

I think that Alex would be...disgruntled that Mercy enjoys "inferior" alcohol.(Alex is a bit of a snob when it comes to those things)This might be a point of debate between the two,something to fill those quiet parts maybe?

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 am

Ah, seems like it would be interesting lol.

Mercy is a die hard fan of Vodka, but I think the drink looks pretty cool, probably taste good.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Since we're all on (hopefully no one has left since I wrote this) maybe we can start the roleplay?

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Clo isn't on?

And I think she wanted to do a bit more discussing?

Not to mention we have been the only people posting in the OOC for a while now, so I'm not sure if everyone is still involved. Though I don't understand why they wouldn't be...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Please do note that I posted my 'character profile' for you all at your prompting yesterday (29/04/2010).

Yes, I do wish to discuss this a little more; we're all busy people and we need to make sure we have everything set out to make it clear what exactly will be going on before we even think of starting this, otherwise it's just going to crash and burn like so many RPs have.

Read over the profile I posted and see what you think.

Lain-Ange

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Hmm?

i thought it had already been posted for a while now...

Either way, I thought it was cool and very creative! Overall a nice character.

I was going to mimic it in a way, but I decided against it.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Mon May 03, 2010 8:10 am

Okay, my darlings, we've one terribly important thing to do before we can start:

Decide how we're starting.

I think we had agreed on the group meeting to begin with before we started to focus on relationships between each individual, and as such we'll need a time when we will all be online to do so.

I know that Parabola, CHain_Way and myself are all on GMT/UK Time. As soon as we know when it would be appropriate to start, we're all for it.

Parabola and myself both have end of year exams coming up, and I know that CHain_Way can get busy with work, but there should be some point when we can all make sure we're free.

Thanks,

Lain-Ange

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon May 03, 2010 3:04 pm

I am on EST/-5 GMT.

And I am always online during the morning 8-3.

Any other times than that can get pretty random. Especially with work.

Weekends are almost a no show for me. I am online, but I am usually doing GM work or working on post. Though if I am not busy, then I can schedule in something.

So right now I have Mon-Fri 8-3

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 am

As I said, I'm on GMT time. However, I started my exam period today, so my study leave starts a week today (04/05/2010).

Usually I will be on from five to midnight GMT, although these times will change in accordance with examinations.

Weekends are okay for me, I suppose, for perhaps one on one chats that need to be done or groups of us that are available.

At the moment: 5PM-12AM Mon-Fri, 12PM-2AM Sat-Sun.

During Study Leave: 12PM-12AM Mon-Fri, 12PM-2AM Sat-Sun

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuciousTurtle88 on Tue May 04, 2010 11:53 am

im interested i just saw no character sheets so I will just have post what I can
[b][b]Life is not about how many breaks you take,
its how many memories you recall,
how many dances you strike,
and how many kisses and hugs make you feel alive.

While Living, Laughing, Loving, and Learning.
Always Remember that!!
[/b][/b]

LuciousTurtle88
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!