Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Official Chat's Not Working Thread

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Can't view chat.. Rem, fix it.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Alright, I get a blank screen in chat whenever I try and join. Switching channels does nothing. Clearing cashe does nothing.

I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome and chat was working roughly ten minutes before posting this.

So what's the deal?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Can't view chat.. Rem, fix it.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gravis on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:30 pm

I've noticed the same thing form time to time, although erratically - it seems like sometimes the log that normally loads doesn't, for some people. I'll add it as a bug to be fixed now; hopefully we should work out what the issue is soon and have your chat back running properly again soon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gravis
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks man. It hasn't happened before, but it was happening a lot when the server was acting up. Hopefully you guys can fix it.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

chat error.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Innocent++ on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:04 am

ok. So, i've waited almost 4 days now, and I still haven't gotten any response.

I've been trying to log into the chat and succeeded, but I haven't been able to see the text. I've only been able to see the names that are in the chat.

So whatever you guys are doing and such, I'd like to be able to at least chat on the site, while I'm slightly bored browsing through role plays to join.

It's not much, but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee fix it?!

If not, I'm gonna resort to making a new account. Just because I'm BORED.

Thank you. :D

Innocent++
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: chat error.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:33 pm

The chat is working just fine and if you have a little patience, the text will appear. Try clearing your cache and making another attempt; if that doesn’t work: What kind of connection do you have? In any case it’s usually just lag and will disappear after a few minutes – or a couple hits of the refresh button. If it is still not working for you, I really don’t know what else I can suggest. This site is experiencing quite a few problems and I promise all will be well again in the near future.

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

More Chat problems

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnichromiogasm on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 am

What's up with the chat now? It's not letting me in and I was just in there a few moments ago. I've deleted cookies, reloaded computer, even shut it down to reboot, refreshed, etc. etc.

It aint workin'..

what do i do?

Omnichromiogasm
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForestofFlames on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:34 am

I have been having similar problems, with Google Chrome i get an error message on the chat saying it can not be displayed, so i tried clearing cache and such i restarted my computer. and it still didn't work, so i tried internet explorer and that just got a blank screen for the chat
DEATH SPOON (you'll understand when your older)

ForestofFlames
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: More Chat problems

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForestofFlames on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:42 am

i would like to note that i am having similar problems at the same time so it may be maintenance. but it isn't just you so its something with the site

ForestofFlames
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:07 am

Just hang tight guys. It'll be fixed as soon as it can. The staff behind the scenes are most likely aware of what's going on. Why don't you all try making a RP Tab RP that you can post in for now?
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Martin Raccon on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Same problem, it seems to take infinite time to load.

Martin Raccon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Technical difficulties.

Use this valuable time to take a walk, do something you were probably putting off, go outside, ect.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:31 pm

To those that could not get into chat today, try again, more people were able to access it and probably all that try. I do believe it is fixed to the state that it was in before. And if you still can't get in, take Kronos' suggestion. Sunlight is good!

Happy RPing ^^

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Martin Raccon on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:00 pm

I still can't, and my Firefox's error console says this:

Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from chat/

Owchie?

Martin Raccon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:35 pm

For those that still can't get in, until it's fixed try this link?

embed/?roleplayID=1

Not sure why it works, but using the embedded link vs. the main link seems to get past whatever the issue is.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Oh that my be why I can get in and out of chat, and reload without problems. I thought it was because I was using Chrome vs FF, Opera, IE, etc.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Chat Problems

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:32 am

For further help or questions on WHY the chat isn't working, refer to the "Sticky" post in the Help Forum. Thank you.
Last edited by Prose on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title change from "Official Chat's Not Working Thread" to "Chat Problems".

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!