Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GaiaDarkstar's art and requests for art

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Re: GaiaDarkstar's art and requests for art

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quotidia on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:00 am

Nice work, you've got a LOT of potential. And requests are a damn good way to exercise your skills and learn.
"Nothing makes life so beautiful, as when the shadow of death begins to fall across it" ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

quotidia
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Thanks. My recent problem though is that I lost my pen tool. The mouse just doesn't work right to be able to do what I want to do. Hopefully that will be fixed if I can just find the darn thing.
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm

It's been awhile and since I still don't have a pen tool I tried doing full shading on this drawing. I think it came out all right. I am still open for commissions though they won't be digital until I get a new pen tool.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 am

I finally got a new pen tool so have been trying to catch up on a few old projects. Here is the one I just finished. He is a character from one of my books. I started painting him quit a while ago so it was nice to finally finish him.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sat May 21, 2011 7:04 pm

I am watching you on DA now. Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat May 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks so much and if you ever have a request don't hesitate to ask. It has been awhile since I posted something here.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sun May 22, 2011 8:45 am

Well, I tend to draw my own art unless I absolutely know that my talent is lacking.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 pm

I am still open for drawing requests and here is my latest painting called Bathing suit beauty.
It was done for "Drawing Party" , a smackjeeves comic that is a theme sketch, and this months' theme was sswimsuit season. I was really happy with how the skin turned out and overall I really think I did a good job but as always I am open to crit.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:55 pm

This next piece is one I did for "Artistic Challenge" which is my own theme sketch sort of artist topic. Since there are so few people I am pretty loose about deadlines and also have more than one theme so that I am more likely to get more submissions at least until we have more people. The most recent choices were "Killed by a schoolgirl" and "time". I decided to combine the two and got- Schoolgirl Killing time (te he clever huh?)

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:48 pm

It's been a while since I posted anything so I will put up a couple things.
The next two are tongue in cheek humorous drawings I did from an idea a friend gave me when we were rping.
The next one is a cute little pic I threw together. I have been working on drawing chibi style recently and this was one of the first couple characters I drew that were original.
And last but not least is a wallpaper I designed. It is slightly abstract but I liked how the colors and everything turned out.

I know it is a lot to share all at once but I haven't been on in a while so wanted to show what I have done recently.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Geez, I definitely should've stumbled into this section of the forums a long time ago. Glad to see there's some wicked artists there (and some that even offer their services!). Woo-hoo! Well, since I want to freshen up with my tablet and photoshop, I want to request a picture... but you can request one back, so we can both look forward to something. How's that sound? Hopefully yer' still kicking around for some requests, anyways.

I'd seriously love you with all my heart if you did some Fallon art for me: courtesy of the brilliant, fantastic, lovely Wudgeous. You can really go wild with the facial tattoos. I'm always playing around with them but I wanted them to look like wings, or feathers, or something. And uh, for clothes he'd generally just wear tight black spandex with plates over his chest. Anything else; you've got creative liberty.

/happy clap
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 pm

I am definitely up for the challenge. I don't do guys as often and they tend to have a feminine "Bishi" look to them if that is ok? Also if you have more pics or something that you would want me to use for reference, that would be great. I will try to get the sketch done as soon as I can but I do have quit a few unfinished projects I'm working on right now so I don't know when I will be able to finish, though I would make yours a priority. It would certainly be interesting to see someone else's view of one of my characters. I will have to think of which one.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:06 pm

gaiadarkstar wrote:I am definitely up for the challenge. I don't do guys as often and they tend to have a feminine "Bishi" look to them if that is ok? Also if you have more pics or something that you would want me to use for reference, that would be great. I will try to get the sketch done as soon as I can but I do have quit a few unfinished projects I'm working on right now so I don't know when I will be able to finish, though I would make yours a priority. It would certainly be interesting to see someone else's view of one of my characters. I will have to think of which one.

That's no problem, at all. I end up making my guys' look feminine, too (so I feel yer' pain!). I'll send some more sketches through PM's. And no worries; you don't need to rush! I'm just excited to see it, is all. And once you pick a character, let me know!

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:07 am

Cool, sounds good to me.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:51 pm

I did this for fun for my secondary thread on this site called "Artist Challenge", it's like a theme sketch. The themes to choose from were winter and flowers. I decided to combine the two for a kind of surreal feel.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:13 pm

For some reason it makes me think of Beauty & the Beast ..

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Hilarious! I totally get what you are saying though.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 am

I finally got SAI, it might only be a 30 day trial but I already really like it. This next piece is one I did on SAI and though it was my first time I really enjoyed working with it and learned a lot in the process.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:01 pm

I know it doesn't look great right now but I wanted to go ahead and post the sketch so you could give me any changes you would want and such. I hope the general idea here has captured your character and I am sorry it took me so long to start on it.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey I really like your winter rose! It's a very pretty picture! Good job!
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!