Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GaiaDarkstar's art and requests for art

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Re: GaiaDarkstar's art and requests for art

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm

it's been a while since I posted anything. I am working on a few big pieces right now but have a few I haven't posted here yet so I will go ahead and post them now. All of these next pieces are for my mothers children's book.]

There are actually three fairies but I haven't finished editing the third one yet. I will post him as soon as I finish.
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Great job coloring your works!
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:15 am

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:04 pm

I am still working on it but after a long time someone finally asked me for a commission. Here is the avatar pic I did for him and I will also be doing full size versions of the character for him.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Finally finished Blackbird26 commission. I hope they like it.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm

I still really love your art style and will always love the pic of my character Gina Tedrick you drew for me. (:

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Aww! Gee thanks. It is always nice when someone appreciates something you do. I am really working hard to keep improving my art and my writing.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 pm

I have finally finished the first fantasy race character drawing, made for my rp "Sol Sagev". So far only one person has shown interest but here is the direct link first since this site won't show the whole picture. http://gaiadarkstar.deviantart.com/art/ ... -350490162

And here is the picture. I call him Centaur Rapheus.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:33 pm

How do you make your eyes shine so much? The eyes are definitely what I like most about your art.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Aww gee thanks. Well SAI is the main reason. Before SAI the eyes I drew weren't nearly as good. The luminosity layer makes all the difference. Photoshop allows some light layers and you can get similar effects but SAI makes it so easy. Plus, coloring is so much easier now. Once you do the linework layer all the other layers are a snap. I just use the magic wand to click inside where I want to color and zoom in to select any small spots the wand missed and then make a new layer and use the bucket then when I want to shade all I had to do is link the new layer to the base color and it will automatically create a mask so it only colors where I want. Man, I can't even say how awesome the program is. It is so simple but the few things it has make a world of difference.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dex10awesome on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Gaia could you possibly make a mermaid in a tank with her hand on the glass thanks!

dex10awesome
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 am

I may commission you to do more character drawings, if you are up for it. (:

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 am

Sure anytime!

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Chibi Arabian Prince bookmark

Here is the direct link to it on DA so you can see the full pic http://gaiadarkstar.deviantart.com/art/ ... -357523912
Chibi Jack and Jill

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 am

This is a small avatar for another rpg site I belong to.

This is one of the main characters in a novel I am working on. His name is Darien Hawk.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun May 11, 2014 12:14 pm

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!