Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for players that wish to learn D&D 3.5...

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Re: Looking for players that wish to learn D&D 3.5...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 pm

As of right now, it is PHB only for races and classes and the level is 1. Now, I might open up more resources later on as the game continues, however.

I do understand those with experience in DnD enjoy the freedoms of multiple sources, in fact I have such a game on a different site that allows ALL D20 sources for character creation. Yes, I have thought of bringing that game over here. I have not yet done so because RPG is still rather unfamiliar to me, but I find the best way to learn to use something is to use it, rather than sit back and watch everything flyby and hope you're doing something right by not doing anything at all. :P

Now, if you are interested, I could point you to that other game if you PM me(if that is allowed on RPG)
I'm not lost.
I'm right here.
Yet where "here" is,
I have no idea.

When I figure it out,
I'll let you know,
so that you can be,
"not lost" with me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rensik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiyasama on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:46 pm

I could get into this. Still have a rouge available?
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kiyasama
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm

As of right now the 1st set of party slots are filled, however, if you wish to make a character and hang out in the OOC, I don't mind.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiyasama on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:57 pm

alright, I'll do that.

Kiyasama
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doccuh on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:18 pm

Yo! I'd like to try this out, although as far as my experience goes in relation to anything D&D would be Neverwinter Nights, on the PC, and I doubt that's right. I'm looking into that character generator thingummy at the moment, but the going is slow.
I'm also new to this site (As of a couple a minutes ago), but I hope to get the hang of both of these things ASAP.

I was thinkin' being a Bard sounds cool. Is bard taken?

Doccuh
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Haha xD Well, I have said the 1st party slots are taken, but f enough of you show up I can do more parties, if you like xD

I don't have any Bards at the moment, so the 'spot' is still open in that regard. :P

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gavin Hartley on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Hello my name is Johnathan and I truley am clueless to roleplaying. Alittle background for those who care. I have never even heard of roleplaying and for some reason I recently picked up the dragonlance chronicles and fell in love. I would love to learn D&D and be apart of your roleplay but I am totally clueless as how to begin, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gavin Hartley
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 pm

First off, if you wish to learn role playing, I suggest finding and reading Roleplay Academy. It's a forum/set of threads here on RPG that should help you learn what role playing is. Or, conversely, look up the general term "Role play" on Google/yahoo/Wikipedia/wherever. Just learning what it is should help in general.

Also, if you want to role play via play by post, I suggest working on your posting penmanship. Using good grammar syntax(knowing which words to use when, having good spelling and punctuation) are good when interacting with other role players. The better your posting penmanship is, the more likely other people will want to role play with you and the less likely you'll be sitting with your character over in a corner not knowing what to do because no one will play with you. Also, knowing how to use Spell Check and Grammar Check is crucial. They can save that dreadful post from shooting yourself in the foot before you even post it.

As for learning D&D, well. I seriously suggest finding a group near your area before trying to learn both D&D and play by post style at the same time. One is confusing enough. Both doubly so.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Game is still open to any who wish to watch or play. The players seem to keep disappearing, so slots are still open. I'll take any party combination as long as a rogue and cleric are two of the classes.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!