Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fate/Heaven and Earth

Fate/Heaven and Earth

a part of “Fate/Heaven and Earth”, a fictional universe by RomanesqueMarionette.

~CANCELLED~ Please just forget about this, I'm sorry but I can no longer have anything to do with Fate/stay night.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fate/Heaven and Earth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Fate/Heaven and Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Also, I've just added a 'GM Requests' to the main page, which outlines certain themes to our characters but also states what I'd be interested in seeing with further applications. I was also planning to request a British Heroic Spirit to conflict with Saber and possibly another member of the Bourque family, if Tanman and Lodnirr would be alright with that.
But also I'm just saying this to ask everyone if you think I'm being too demanding or to specific with it or anything like that.
You are walking down the street minding your own business when:
"Whoooo. I am a scary man in a mask and I have just made you kill your own Grandfather at some point in the future so you will have never existed... whooo"
"Er, why?"
"Because it's so amazingly paradoxical... whooo"
"Right"
"Ah yes, but how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
- DIY Sheep on Faction Paradox

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lodnir on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:10 pm

I would be completely fine with that. Just provided they keep in mind certain aspects or completely ignore them seeing as how Armel was always the black sheep anyways to keep consistency with his back story. Also on that point, I'm thinking of fleshing out his and Lancer's back story and personality later tonight or tomorrow when I'm off-campus. As per my vague sense of character sheet envy. Expect them to be updated on Friday at the latest.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lodnir
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digs on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:44 pm

I see in the GM requests that you'd like some canon characters, and I've been contemplating this for a while. Though she's not from Fate/Stay Night or Kara no Kyoukai, I'd like to maybe try playing Aozaki Aoko. She's by far my favourite character from the Nasuverse, and it'd be fairly interesting to see how she's developed without the Mage's Association. The main issue I have here, though, is that there isn't all that much by way of backstory for her, since the original visual novel she was in hasn't been released to the public. I'd mostly be going by what I've seen of her in the Melty Blood games and what wikipedia tells me about her to gauge how she'd play out.

Incidentally, if I were to play Aoko, I'd probably have her be a non-servant, non-master character, especially if she's allowed to use the Fifth Magic as she can in the Nasuverse. After all, she's rather powerful as it is. I'd tone it down, of course, for the purposes of the roleplay, and because she probably hasn't properly honed her magical skills without the Mage's Association, but her personality would still carry over.

Again, this is a completely tentative idea I've come up with, and you're definitely free to veto the crap out of it. I just like Aozaki Aoko a lot, and would enjoy roleplaying around with her. ^^;
ImageUnleash the beast!

digs
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 pm

You are aware that there does exist a Type-Moon Wiki? That said, I'd probably recommend looking up the 'Mages' page there, as it contains the history of Aozaki family overall and gives a lot more information on her past.

Your idea for Aoko herself is fine, but I do have one problem. Thing is, it's going to be hard to portray the Fifth Magic, partially because I don't want to go in to that terminological stuff, but more importantly because we don't even know what it even is or what it does. It's a bit hard to roleplay or approve something you don't anything about.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digs on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Yeah, I do, and I'd have to go through that wiki to do my research on her a little more. As you said, I'm sure I could find enough information there on her and her family.

As for the Fifth Magic, I do agree that it'd be a bit difficult to portray, considering what the wiki says about it. When it comes to her abilities, the idea I had was that I'd mostly try to roleplay her in the way that I see her fighting in the Melty Blood games. Though in all honesty, having only a dabbler's knowledge in the Nasuverse, I'm not entirely sure if that's actually considered 'The Fifth Magic', and is probably an error in assuming that it is. For all I know it could be wind magic or something. In any case, to clarify, it'd probably end up being me using lots of laser-like projectiles, Starmie Orbs, and some of the other attacks you typically see her use in the game.

So, all this being said, I'll try to keep this in mind for now and keep it under my hat for the time being. I may try to introduce her, but probably after a lot of back and forth approval processes with you, in order to ensure she fits in. To be honest, this is all mostly to keep myself from falling into the trap of making a character inspired by her, though (if I felt like making another, anyways). The way she fights in the games is pretty neat. Heh.

Strangely enough, another decent idea if anyone feels up to trying to introduce her is Ciel. She's another pretty cool character that might have been relatively unaffected by the lack of the Association. Just a random thought.

digs
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:02 am

I'm much less sure about Ciel exactly because she wouldn't be affected that much by the lack of the Association (plus she may technically fall under the 'No Roa' rule). I guess this goes for anyone else from Tsukihime for that matter except maybe Sion.

When I said I wouldn't mind seeing more Type-Moon characters, it was really the Tohsaka family and associates and Touko, Araya and Cornelius I had the most in mind simply because they'd be affected more than anyone else while still retaining their original characters to an extent.

However, from now on I am no longer going to ask for any canon characters. If someone would like to play as one, that's fine, but I won't insist.
Last edited by RomanesqueMarionette on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digs on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:53 am

Oh yeah! I almost completely forgot about Aozaki Touko. She's actually pretty cool, too. Granted, I wouldn't venture into trying to play her, but I'd be interested to see if anyone might.

That's fair, though. I just figured I'd throw out ideas and see where it took me. If I decide to introduce Aoko later, I'll consult you more. For now, I'll stick to just handling one character. ^^;

digs
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:26 am

Of course I'm fine with a British opposition, makes for some easier motivation and development of character. And speaking of character development, seeing as there's a drastic shortage in Masters, I might try and make something up in a bit. I have my end of year exams at the moment, so it won't be for a while; but we'll see how I go.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:03 pm

@Tanman: Will you still be using Devin (I think that was his name), or will you be going with someone else for a Master? Although remember that with Laurette gone we only have one female Master, so there's a slight balance issue there.

Also, Rider's picture still has not been updated to a non-original character, going against the 'No more Original Face Claims after Pandora' rule. I'm not saying this to pick on his player, I'm just letting everyone know so I don't get any questions.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 pm

@RomanesqueMarionette: As far as name goes, I'd likely keep the same, but I think power and personality wise a large overhaul would be done, so for the most part what I had there isn't anything like what I have in mind now. I have a couple of ideas actually, and I'll do both up and pose them to you, see whichever you prefer. I've got work in a few hours, then it first thing tomorrow, but I'll try to get something done by the end of tomorrow.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:27 am

Alright then, that's good to hear.

However, just a warning, but as I think Tanman might be working on a male Master judging by a previous PM (keyword being think), it's likely that I may soon have to place some sort of a ban on male Masters, so that the gender balance here doesn't tilt too much to one side.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:07 am

Just out of curiosity, what's the preferred style of post for this? I'm capable of first or third person, so I'm not fussed between the two, and just noticed the first post was done from the former. Once I work that out, I'll try to get some sort of introductory post up.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Really I only ever used first-person because I was trying to get to grips with Charlotte's character. Either style is allowed, so I'd say use whatever you're most comfortable with.

Edit: Also, Lodnir (and, ah, congratulations on making moderator by the way) I found two other images which I think might suit Tomoe, not sure what you think though: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=pos ... &id=505932 (Also I must admit I don't know who exactly it's of) and http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=pos ... &id=106475 (Apparently actually of her).

About Servants and our new Masters, if we don't end up going with Lancer and Emmett I was thinking we could assign Lancer to Devin and Saber to Emmett, the former becuase Lancer's fighting style and Devin's mannerisms are both based around elegance, and the latter because Saber's the closest thing to a pure hero the game has and Emmett, now being a pack of Tarot Cards, contains knowledge of the Fool's Journey and how it represents life and the rising, or falling, individual.

But not going with that, another idea I have (with Lancer remaining with Emmett) would be for Avenger to go to Ayle and Saviour to Devin. Reason being both Ayle and Pandora are intensely curious about things it would probably be better if they didn't know about (hope that wasn't a spoiler there) and both Devin and Beatrice believe they are redeeming and saving something with the potential to go completely to ruin. We could also partner Ayle up with Saviour, though I can't say why in public.
However, I also wanted to reserve both Avenger and Saviour for extremely special cases, though I believe I could let this slide for both Ayle and Devin.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lodnir on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:44 pm

A bit later than I expected but both Tomoe and Armel have been updated. (Tomoe with a new picture as you have recommended.)

As for pairings while I don't mind Lancer being paired with particularly anyone as I've vaguely mapped out how she would react to certain archetypes, she could possibly sympathize with Devan ambitious vision for the future of the world being akin to that of a lord trying to re-shape a country. Also, I too thought Avenger and Saviour would be more late-game figures, possibly being summoned after the war had started. That being said I'm still not one to play favorites and I will leave things to your judgement and adapt as best as I can to them.

Also thank you, I will try my best to not let my moderating duties get in the way of regular updates.

Lodnir
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Regarding Tomoe's image, it was only just a suggestion, but thank you all the more.

I can easily see your point about Saviour and Avenger, though with Saviour probably more than Avenger, but that's just me.

I will say something about abilities however. While I still appreciate creativity, definitely agree that limits and weaknesses are necessary and like knowing how things work, being too definitive with them isn't really necessary as it can lead to infodumps and makes magic (not to mention the game) feel more restricted instead of the mysterious, unknowable thing I'm trying to set it up as here.
Not that I'm asking for any further editing on any existing characters, just a warning for future.

On another note, I've finally chosen themes for Charlotte, Emmett and Saviour. What do you think?

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:19 am

I'm also of the opinion that perhaps Saviour and Avenger would be better left as late game figures, though I'll accomodate regardless of what choice is made, since I'm happy to approach any of the above scenarios listed. If they are to be late game characters, I'll gladly try and work a character without them until it becomes more appropriate to have them around. Otherwise, perhaps some sort of dice roll to assign servants if no-one's particularly fussed about decisions.

As for those themes, I particularly liked Emmett's and Saviour's, but all seemed fitting enough.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:04 pm

This may be a bit off-topic, but I've created a new roleplay just now and thought maybe I should advertise it here.

It's based off the Persona series of RPGs. I'm not forcing you to join if you don't want to, and I'm not saying that I'll be paying any less attention to this game, but if you would at least look over it I'd be really grateful: roleplay/smt-persona-contest-of-futures/

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWoodsman on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:32 am

I'm hoping it's not too late to join up.

I submitted a character profile for Archer; hopefully it is up to snuff.
Here there be dragons.

TheWoodsman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toadsworth on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:38 am

Oh...I just submitted one for Archer too.
Uh-oh.

Toadsworth
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:44 pm

...I'm very confused. Is this thing even running? Or did I miss the post that directed me to the new IC?

:U

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!