Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

PM not working? [Resolved]

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Re: PM not working?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:55 am

It's an anti-spamming measure. Without those two features, there would be nothing to stop a bot from sending thousands of messages without warning.

Thanks, Jag.

On top of that, it encourages new users to actually dive into the community, rather than making an account .. and then forgetting about Gateway completely. (:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sullenkiller on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

uMM HI YA i HAVE MORE THAN 10 POSTS BUT IT STILL NOT WORKIN!! HELP!!
TYPE YOUR NAME: Crystyn
TYPE YOUR NAME WITH YOUR ELBOW:bcrthy  n
TYPE YOUR NAME WITH YOUR CHIN:  crsstbdjdhen
SLAM YOUR FACE ON THE KEYBOARD: Roleplaying is awesome, and you know it. 

-Now it is certain. Even your face thinks so. 

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sullenkiller
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZoeyAutopsyx on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:57 pm

The 10 post thing should work! It worked on my previous account on here!.

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
~William Shakespeare

ZoeyAutopsyx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: (RESOLVED) PM not working?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TehZach on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 pm

....Well thats stupid, you need 10 posts just to use PM? o.o

TehZach
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deusonos on Sat May 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Yeah, I've been having the same problem, too. At first, I had no idea, why it was like that. Now, that I realized that I have to make ten posts, I suppose I'll get started now.

Deusonos
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Sun May 20, 2012 7:26 pm

I can't reply to PM's because I don't have 10 posts. I made my own RP and I just want to tell the people that their character has been reserved. I don't want to join another RP because I wanna focus on the one I made... I don't know what to do.
SuperNinjaRoo

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sun May 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Post in other areas of the site, like Forum Games, Discussion & Debate, or the Welcome Desk!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rylet on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Did I miss some kind of warning message telling me to make 10 posts? Cause if there isn't one that would be useful.

Rylet
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Unable to send or reply to PM. HELP.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaylinAnndroid on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm new here.
I am not given the option to "Reply" to messages or to send them.
I hear this is a gliche. Help me?

KaylinAnndroid
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Re: Unable to send or reply to PM. HELP.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ms. Fyrefli on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 pm

I see you have only made two posts. You need to have made at least ten posts in order to send PMs. I believe this is to prevent spam bots etc from posting.

The easiest and fastest way to work post count up is via Forum Games. Once you hit ten posts, the PM ability should become available to you.

I hope this answers your query.

:)
Young enough to know I can.
Old enough to know I shouldn't.
Stupid enough to do it anyway.

"'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! ... 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX PARROT!!"

Ms. Fyrefli
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oswald SK on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:48 pm

I hope this counts as a post so I can reply to my PMs ¬¬
Death is the only source for the wicked.

Oswald SK
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 am

So you need to have 10 posts before you can use PM... Might it be worth having a message to say that come up under PM for those new to the site?
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: PM not working? [Resolved]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pepperx3 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks guys I was getting worried cause I couldn't reply anyone and they were asking questions!

pepperx3
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby udontwannaknow94 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:28 pm

I am sure that i have plenty more than 10 posts by now, not fully sure as to how many. But i still am unable to PM people back as well. This is quite bothersome as i also am unable to post in OCCs as well and have no real way of getting my questions or information out to those i am posting with. If there is anyone who could help me i'd be more than willing to listen and would love to find out what is going on as i clear my history and catch regularly and haven't ever had this problem in other websites i have been in. And of coarse when i ask in chats for help i mostly get bothersome responces from others who act as if they were never new to this site and just magically knew everything to do once they joined. :/

Everyone starts out as a noob, there is no reason to be mean. -.-'

udontwannaknow94
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm

udontwannaknow94 wrote:I am sure that i have plenty more than 10 posts by now, not fully sure as to how many. But i still am unable to PM people back as well. This is quite bothersome as i also am unable to post in OCCs as well and have no real way of getting my questions or information out to those i am posting with. If there is anyone who could help me i'd be more than willing to listen and would love to find out what is going on as i clear my history and catch regularly and haven't ever had this problem in other websites i have been in. And of coarse when i ask in chats for help i mostly get bothersome responces from others who act as if they were never new to this site and just magically knew everything to do once they joined. :/

Everyone starts out as a noob, there is no reason to be mean. -.-'

Hey there, udontwannaknow94! I'm Sato, nice to meet you.

I'm sorry you had a rough time in the chat! Do bear in mind that the RPG Chat connects all the OOC chats together, so there's often a staggering amount of people in there at once. If someone has a particular question, it's easy for people not to catch it or not pay attention since there's so much else going on.

The best way to get help is to do what you've done right now, post in the Help forum!

I'm looking at your profile and checking your post history, and it looks like you have made only 3 forum posts in total! You'll need to get 7 more to hit 10.

There is a posted notice about the 10 Forum post rule at the top of the Welcome Desk, where most users go to introduce themselves to the rest of the community when they join. There is a percentage of users who don't introduce themselves when they join, which is totally fine. We'll look into finding a way to get the word out about what new users have to do to access their private messages.

For now, though, work on getting those other 7 forum posts! You can head over to the Forum Games section (under Main Lobby!) and go through there if you like.

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns about the site and how it works, I will be more than glad to help you out and be your guide.

Cheers!

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby udontwannaknow94 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 pm

OH! I'm terribly sorry. I had thought that that meant posts in total that you had placed in all. Not that you had to be in ten different forums with other players. Okay i understand now. Thank you and if i have any further questions ill be sure to come here first.

udontwannaknow94
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolidSnacks on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:17 am

What an annoying rule... to post 10 times. But I guess it makes sense. Thanks to this thread I know what is wrong :)... so Thanks I guess.

SolidSnacks
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 am

It's a bit of a hassle to start out, but personally, I'd rather dive into the community right away after joining and get my first 10 posts done than have to deal with spambots flooding out my private messages!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby skinnylittlemini on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Oooh I have the same problem! I just thought it was a glitch but thanks this really helped.

skinnylittlemini
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hunter24 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:01 am

well this helped alot. now i know why i cant pm anyone
If the world starts to burn then I plan on going out swinging. If I so happen to be the reason the world burns then I will make sure it ends in the most entertaining way i know.

hunter24
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!