Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

PM not working? [Resolved]

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Re: PM not working? [Resolved]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrooklynBritain321 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:26 pm

I can't send anything. I am having messages that they want a spot in my RPG but I can't reply! I read something abiut 10 posts in the forum.. Is this already 1 post?
Just Keep It Simple...
You heard it first from Brooke..

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BrooklynBritain321
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:04 am

Yes, this is one post.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wicked_lullaby on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 am

So once we have ten posts we can reply to PM's? --I guess so.

Wicked_lullaby
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mistmantle on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:10 pm

I haven't got my ten yet, so I'm going to post this so I can reply to something. O_O
"Without you, I'm a natural disaster."
"...when I mentioned that the poison would kill me within the hour, did either of you happen to notice the time?"
"I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words."
"The name is Sherlock Holmes, and the address is 221B Baker Street. Afternoon."

mistmantle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Unable to send private messages?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ncc-1701 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:12 am

I did indeed check the FAQs but none of the available answers applied to my situation. Since I joined I haven't been able to reply to private messages that are coming into me, or compose new ones. When I press the 'compose message' button, I get 'no new messages' instead of a compose page. Chat works just fine.

Thank you in advance! :)

ncc-1701
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Unable to send private messages?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Well hello there and welcome to RPG.

I'll be here to help you today. Since you just joined there is a simple requirement that you must have ten posts anywhere in order to access your messaging abilities.

Possible locations to post are in the Welcome Desk, Discussion/Debate forum, Forum Games, and even in the Creative Realm.

However, please keep the posts on topic and not just drop in saying that you need to fulfill the requirement. Please make them meaningful and with a point.

I hope that helps, and you're welcome.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby exordium on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:08 pm

I also cannot reply to PM's. I can receive them, but I cannot reply and if that could be fixed, that would be nice.
If you read this signature, you have just wasted valuable time in your life because it is pointless.

exordium
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Hey there Exordium, I see you have the same issue. And have you acquired your ten posts yet?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TavaresM on Wed May 21, 2014 6:17 pm

I was having the same problem, but this seems to clear it up.

TavaresM
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pathas on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:07 am

I too was having a similar problem, so glad that this was addressed here. Thanks VindicatedPurpose!

Pathas
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvyCoppersky on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:58 am

Mine isn't working either, and Iv'e posted more than 10 messages in chat. So, does chat not count?

IvyCoppersky
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi Ivy,

Chat does not count, no. The messages must be in the forums. Hope that clears things up for you.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Akane] on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Gotta post ten times here I guess

"Oooh~ Human souls....must devour....OM NOM NOM~!"

[Akane]
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShieldMaiden on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:14 am

Odd... But alright, it seems as if I would have to give 10 posts too. This is a pain though...

ShieldMaiden
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kkira555 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:47 pm

ah ok I see I hadn't posted ten times yet. This was quite helpful. Hopefully this counts. >.>

kkira555
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Nobody on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:41 am

Ouch..gonna have ten posts..so I'm going to post something here to increase the post count >_<
To Do or Not To Do that is the question.

Mr Nobody
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XViolet7 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Hmm this will be my 11 post, really hope PM unlocks now :/
XViolet7

XViolet7
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!