Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Battle Of The Bands

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Battle Of The Bands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Mon May 26, 2008 11:37 am

"Well, I hope Schyler shows up, but it may very well be just us." He said with a shrug. "It doesn't really matter if he is. We can record our parts and add his later."

He walked down the hall towards the garage, which was in truth no longer a garage, but a recording studio. Thorn followed behind him. He opened the door and pointed her to her keyboard.

"I'm gonna grab my bass and stuff. Be back in a sec."

(OOC: I just noticed that we have no guitar player, so I'm gonna make Michael a guitar player as well. Ah, the wonders of multi-track recording!)
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Mon May 26, 2008 12:37 pm

"Aight," she said and set to work on turning on her keyboard and amp.

Getting comfortable behind it, Thorn set out letting her fingers dance lightly over the keyboard, finally able to play the song that was stuck in her head. It was rock, of course, and fast as her fingers and hands danced over the keys. It wasn't her normal warm-up, but it would work since it was stuck in her head.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Mon May 26, 2008 1:59 pm

Ian shot right past the house he was going to in his excitment. He stopped the car and backed up the small side street. He parked and rushed up the porch. He busted through the door, "Crap! Crap! Crap! Really sorry Im late guys. Why the crap did we decide to have practice at Ryans??? I live across town you know!" Ryan, the bass player for their band The Exiles looked at him, "Yeah, well its not any better for me if we practice at YOUR place ya know. Dave and Jake looked to see what Ian would say, "Yeah? For one, we never practice at my place, we go to Jakes, second off, whos the one whos always rushing into class late, huh? Who do you think NEEDS help getting places on time?" Ryan laughed, "Well you ready to play man?" Ian set down his guitars and got his acoustic guitar out, "Can someone tell me why were playing "I Know" first??? I was thinking more like, "Stand" or something more rock sounding to start off," Jake turned and looked at him from the array of drums around him, "Who said we were gonna play it first at the gig? And just a thought, but we need to practice at my house from now on, I really don't like using Ryans old drumset, its a peice of crap, why didnt your tell me that BEFORE I voted to come to your place man?" Ryan looked at him, "Well, its not mine, you know I suck at drums, its my Dads VERY old set..." he said, making Jake groan, "Please, tell me if anything on this junk heap breaks its not my fault," Ryan smiled, "Nah, its gonna fall to peices in a few years anyway," Dave clapped his hand, "Guys, lets quit arguing and start up!"
"Im compeletly agree!" Ian said. Putting the guitar strap over his head, "Lets get started, we have until Wensday to know what were doing for the gig," he said striking a G chord. They all got ready and started up. Ian began playing and then stepped up to the recording mike. It was time to practice.
"A hero need not speak when he is gone, the world will speak for him." -- Halo 3.

Gilan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R'hllor coaster on Thu May 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Jon sat back on the crapy old couch in his appartment, a shitty old amp sitting beside him. Next to him was Johan his bassist, Oli his Drummer, and the stalky Ozzy looking Ragnar the vocalist, who sung most of the songs. Jon began rifting on his D-tribute guitar (the most expensive thing in his apartment) with the distortion turned up giving it that sweet badass heavy metal sound. The rest of his band members where just watching TV, they werent ones for practicing. Jon struck a deep note which if he had a proper amp should have shookin anyone to the core, but instead the small amp screamed in protest, and he turned it off "Wheres this thing at? when?" he asked in a deep voice before settling back into the couch. "Somewheres.. not heres." oli said lasily. he was the only one with a hint of an accent.
No Under Svardet 'death by the sword'

R'hllor coaster
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!