Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blurry Line [IC]

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: Blurry Line [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Candy grinned widely at the doctor, her childishly bemused expression providing to be a great contrast to how she was dressed. She didn’t look like the type who should be acting like a child but yet she did. She shook her hips on his desk, hoping to mess a few papers out of order before hopping down off of his desk, instead lounging on it. Her index finger on her right hand went to her obnoxiously bright hair as she started to twirl it around her finger. Candy opened her mouth, ready to retort a seemingly smart answer but plopped it shut when Virgil requested a moment for his phone. As pushy as Candy could be, she wasn’t ready to get the attention that someone would really need it. She bit her lip, watching a Virgil checked out his phone, his hair falling across his face. Candy thought it was a real shame that Virgil didn’t realize how beautiful he actually was, she didn’t even think he thought about his looks with his job. It made her a bit grumpy too, she thought that everyone needed to at least acknowledge is they were good looking.

She sighed and looked away from him, diverting her attention, as always, to her nails. The pink nail polish was showing slight signs of chipping, something that proved to aggravate her. She had done them not too long ago after killing a man with them. It really peeved her that it would go to shit so quickly. Her cell phone beeped too as she received a message from Yoebe and she grinned. She texted back a quick note, returning the emotion and telling her that she had some money to give her that she had forgotten about, as well as a request for dinner if she was free. She sent the text before her attention was diverted back to her nailpolish and she continued to silently seethe. Virgil, thankfully, grabbed back her attention before she started to do something really stupid, like cussing at her nails. “I am how I always am Doctor, I’m absolutely fabulous. Have you ever seen me not fabulous?” She asked him, but not giving him a chance to answer. “And yes, I’m a good girl, I use protection with the men. And a checkup? I would love to have one Doctor if you’re quite in fact offering.” She gave him a wink, knowing that he never would give her a checkup. He was fun to flirt with but Candy didn’t see their relationship going anywhere, ever. But oh well, she just liked to tease him for the fun of it and had more than once wondered if the man was gay or not. Well, now she just kind of assumed that he was gay because there was no way he was a straight man.

Her attention was taken away from Virgil when a man who looked much like a teddy bear walked in, Candy immediately grinning. He fumbled much more than necessary and seemed to be sweating much like she had this morning; although she doubted it was for the same reasons. She had seen his type at the WhoreHouse before and had always thought of them as stuffed animals to be cuddled with. She wasn’t able to see this man at a WhoreHouse though, it didn’t seem like it would be his scene, especially when he has Virgil as a partner. Perhaps they were gay? She didn’t know but it did seem like a strong possibility although she resisted the urge to congratulate them. Instead she beamed at the man in the odd clothing, clothing that she didn’t get because Candy had never watched a movie or television and she didn’t know how to read. So she just assumed it to be an odd graphic T-Shirt. “No, no appointment today for me, although I wold gladly take one one day.” She gave him a flirtatious wink, she was one to flirt with anyone. And if they were life partners, it would only provide to bug Virgil more, which was always a plus in her books.

A ‘whoosh!’ noise made her head turn, interrupting her from the flirting she was about to do with the Teddy Bear man and two people were added into their group. The man looked familiar and she tried to place a name to the face, although she was somewhat unsuccessful, the blood on his shirt making her somewhat uneasy, not that she would let it show. The girl proved to be something she had never seen before, absolutely beautiful. She looked flawless and it seemed like she would be the affection of most people. Although a look in her eyes made Candy feel sorry for her, she looked lost and confused underneath the boldness and excitement. She danced close to Candy, incredibly close, making her glad that she didn’t have any inhibitations thanks to her job. She went back to the guy that she would forever call Teddy Bear and looked him over longer than she had bothered to look Candy over. Although when she spoke it left her confused, she made no sense. What was wrong with the girl? Did she think she was making sense? Or was she the patient that Virgil had murmured about before? Candy felt her curiosity peak to huge levels and she felt like she would have an entertaining few hours ahead of herself.

“This is interesting.” She said out loud to no one in particular, her sultry voice sounded odd in her ears with no sexual innuendo to add onto it. “And hello Savage,” She said with a shock of brilliance, remembering his name. She wasn’t sure where she had heard of him but it must have been somewhere because she remembered him, perhaps at the WhoreHouse? “You have a little bit of blood, right here,” She motioned on her shirt where the blood was on his, a huge, teasing grin on her lips. “And hello to you, what’s you name?” She asked the strangely tantalizing woman. “Are you lost?” She asked her, surprised that she felt the words blurt out of her mouth. She didn’t know why she even cared about the girl, perhaps it was the confused feeling she was giving off. She looked hungry and thirsty and like she wanted a nice, long shower to sort her thoughts. Candy gave her the softest looks she could muster. “My name’s Candy, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She told her in her happy usually demeanor.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 pm

"You make me so mad, you know." an airy, high pitched drawl flirted about the room, the young celebrity's voice dreamy as a misted forest in Eden. Sonya Celeste Dovev's hollow, black eyes bore into the mirror and back into one another, the haunting orbs meeting each other in the perfect picture of vanity. Her gaze was hungry and cold, merciless and cruel- the pools of onyx so haunting they might as well have been the eyes of a demon of the night. Her lips betrayed the aesthetic by curling into a tight, wicked grin. Contrary to her statement, the diva didn't seem mad at all. She looked rather pleased with herself, an air of quiet supremacy hovering just above her pallid tendrils. She leisurely applied her extravagent makeup, strokes of her brush slow and deliberate. She began to flick mascara onto her pale, barely visible lashes until they looked long, thick, and black as her stare. "You don't treat me nearly as good as you should, Ma-ka-to" she chanted, punctuating each syllable in the Japanese man's name in a faux-affectionate, spiteful jeer. She continued to stare at herself in the mirror, not even lending him so much as a narrowed glance.

"I thought things had been going so well. I even sang a personal ballad to you. Remember that, Ma-ka-to?" she continued, powdering her porcelain cheeks with bright blush. "It's a shame you were so unappreciative. If only you would've been more respectful." She sighed as if the whole thing was just too tedious. Ruby red lipstick caked onto her fine lips within a matter of seconds, and she finally swivelled around to look at him. The man was no more than a corpse, eyes rolled back into his head and dark blood staining his skin. He lay limp in the chair, shirt ripped open where his slender fingers had clawed at his chest in his frantic last minutes of life. Flesh had been peeled off and it piled up inside his fingernails, the blood there having thickened by now. There was nothing peaceful about his death. "Why don't you say anything, Ma-ka-to? No apologies? No pledges to change?" She waltzed over to him like death, gliding across the room to his chair where her tiny, manicured hands grasped onto either arm rest. She leaned forward until they were face to face, and finally her expression faltered. A frown tugged at her crimson lips and her delicate brows slanted downward as if she were thoroughly disappointed. "You had so much promise, too." She breathed into his gaping mouth before bouncing backward and wiping her hands off onto her frilly dress. "Oh well."

This said and done, she turned the door knob of her spacious dressing room and skipped down the hall, flicking open her brand new phone and dialing the number 1 on her speed dial. "Hey, Walter? I need a clean up in my studio. Yes, yes. No, it wasn't a maid this time. It was Makato. Yes, as in Makato my manager. Oh, don't patronize me like that or you'll be next. He deserved it, Walt! I had been having a riveting conversation with him about the varying degrees of cuteness in bunnies and kittens, and the next moment he was answering a phone call! I know, totally rude. I couldn't help it, Walt. ...What? Of course I didn't stab him to death! What do I look like, some kind of savage? The barber was a one-time-thing. Ugh, come on, do you really need the details? I don't care about police reports, Walt! Isn't that supposed to be your job? Okay, okay, I might have made his heart explode on a molecular level. With my voice. It's the usual deal, Walt, just call it a heart attack and let's get on with it! Yeah. Yes. Okay. Bye." she had said into the receiving end of her cell phone. Walter would take care of everything for her. He always did. Walter and his organization was the reason Sonya Celeste Dovev was free to do what she damn well wished at any given time, no consequences. She'd been spoiled by them for years.

She thought back on Makato with fondness. He really had been a good manager in his time. He was young, decently attractive in that "disheveled sophisticated" kind of way, and tolerant to her rantings for the most part. He'd only been her manager for about three months now and wasn't aware that she was special in ways other than her booming career, so he really hadn't been able to expect that she would have sung his heart into oblivion when she was displeased. She imagined he would have had a bright career if he would've lived longer. Feeling rather depressed, she decided to stop by her most favorite place to... look at food. Of course she didn't eat (don't be silly), but the atmosphere and scenery were lovely and just because Sonya was afflicted with eating disorders didn't been she suffered from smelling disorders too. She rather liked the smell of fresh food. Their baked goods were especially fine to sniff.

Le Chat Noir was its name, and it was pompous enough to live up to its name. Truly, it was as if you had to be a certified snob just to enter its doors. Luckily for Sonya the song bird, she met such requirements without falter. She was given a seat and a menu which she looked at alone. Much of her time was spent without companion. She wouldn't admit it, but the little girl was incurably, unbearably, hopelessly lonely. Such was the life of a murderous opera singer. She hummed a peppy tune to keep her spirits up while she scanned the occupants of the restaurant, her curiosity much too wild to be healthy. It was then that she caught sight of perfection- and the person that had her happily tied down to this blasted city. Flawless and Viola dinned a couple seats away from her, and she felt her eyes grow wide with nervousness and excitement. Flawless was probably the only being capable of thought that had the ability to elicit such emotions from the normally bored-as-shit teenager. She instinctively propped her menu up to cover her face while at the same time peeking at them every now and then like she was in a 1950's television cartoon.
Last edited by Averagebear on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:43 pm

It was supposed to be just another meaningless night for Kite. Ever since she had fought the Seeker her viewpoint on the world had been changed. In most people’s opinions it would be for the worst. But for Kite she felt as if her eyes had been opened. No longer did she have her vision clouded by the false perception that there was a meaning to life. She could now see that life had no meaning. The only thing left in life was to stay alive for as long as possible and acquire as much power and wealth as possible. And that was what Kite was going to be doing tonight.

Kite was standing in her bathroom staring at herself in the mirror. It was difficult for her to remember what she looked like sometimes because she almost never spent time within her own appearance. When on the streets she was Kite Petos, a man of normal height and weight with dull lethargic brown eyes, straight black hair and pale skin. He wasn’t anything special or out-of-the ordinary and it was exactly what she needed. No one would suspect this form of anything and that was why she used it. As Kite looked into the mirror she no longer saw her female face, but a male face and it was looking back at her.

Kite stepped out of his house and onto the streets normally he would be dressed as the Illusionist but not this time. This time he had to get information and the easiest way to get information was to go to those who had it. And Yoebe Bixlow was one of the few within the city that had her paws in and on everything. If he was lucky she would have information on Flawless and hopefully none on the Illusionist. He went to great lengths to keep his personal life quiet and below the radar but it was always good to find out what others knew about you.

Kite made his way onto the property known as the Whorehouse but he wasn’t quite sure what to expect from it. Sure it was a whore house so it had whores, and it probably looked fancy inside but besides that he wasn’t sure. All he hoped for was that there wouldn’t be too many people focusing on him at once or attempting to make physical contact with him. Because he could only hold up the illusion with so many people for so long and the more stress placed upon the illusion the more difficult it became to maintain. Making his way to the front entrance he knocked upon the door, and shortly afterwards was greeted by a man he could only assume was a butler.

"Greetings from the WhoreHouse. Your business here, my good man?"

”I am here to speak to your owner. Yoebe Bixlow. She may not know me, but my name is Kite.”

“Very well I shall see if she is available. In the meantime please wait in our lobby.”

The butler held the door open for Kite and stepped back allowing him to enter. As Kite entered the lobby he couldn’t help but be me amazed at the luxury within. He quickly moved to a nearby couch and rested himself on it as he made a mental note about possibly getting into the business of owning whores. Maybe I should bring up a proposition of starting a new house in a different city or maybe I could just kill Yoebe and take over the business. Though that sounds like more trouble than it is worth. I will have to keep it in mind though...

Medic
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:00 am

With Yoebe's agreement to the contract, and their little 'fun' after such. Lucas was ready to get out of the Whorehouse, feeling the need to walk around the city for a little while before night totally covered the sky. He got dressed quickly, and was gone before anyone could take notice of his exit. Once outside the whorehouse making his way to his car. Which he figured would be a better relaxation then actually walking, who knows what would happen if he walked. He unlocked the car, climbing into the driver's seat and was on a random road deeper into the center of the city. He figured it would be best to eat, and make a public appearance. The publicity he garnered for the company was something of being a 'rock star'.

He pulled into the parking-lot, feeling no need to act as rich as he was. Lucas made his way in, talking with the man that made seating arrangements before he was led to the usual booth he sat at when he was here, usually he had more companions, men and women both seemingly enthralled by his charming banter. Once he was seated and given a menu, his eyes studied the contents with slight interest; that was before a young, but familiar person caught his eye. His mouth seem to turn into a playful smirk, using his inhuman reflexes, he began to make his way, quickly and quietly where the young woman sat peeking at someone from behind a menu; how abnormal. He thought to himself. The distance was finally closed and he cleared his throat. "well little Sonya, you really should leave spying to the professionals, your not very good at it.." He said inviting himself to a seat across from her, his eyes still hidden behind his specially made sunglasses, but his mouth in the shape of a smirk was all the indication of what he planned to do; and that was just torment her, as much as she did him. "So, what brings you here? Other then to spy of course." He said an elbow rested on the table his fist pushing into his cheek as he studied the young girl. He couldn't wait to see her reaction to his sudden appearance.

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:34 am

Scoffing sharply, Savage's mouth clamped tightly against the adjacent set of pearly white teeth. He opened his mouth, revealing his deadly teeth, and then carried onwards. A simple smirk curling across his lips as he pulled the hoodie tighter across his visage; crème-grey countenance, carmine oculars, and strikingly genetic malformations that would make him easy to spot in a crowd. These precautions were necessary. His clammy fingers tightened around Beloved's fingers as he lead them down a dingy alleyway; hissing tabby cats and gnarled homeless men inhabiting the corners, and only sparing them wary glances. Heaping garbage bins spilled out in their pathways, offering disgusting obstacles to trudge over – but Savage didn't mind. These were societies ways' of giving you a myriad of middle fingers. They didn't care about the poverty-ridden, swollen-bellied, sunken-eyed civilians. They only seemed to care about the putrid families popping out squalling babies like they were going out of style, and then stealing money from the government with their welfare checks. Sometimes, Savage dreamed of slopping fields populated with the bovine and equestrian variety, grazing without a care in the world. He truly believed that if he lived a calm, serene life amongst the wheat and small rivers in the back of an old country-style house; he wouldn't be doing this. He wouldn't be. He was sure. Too bad, eh?

“Beloved; used as terms of endearment. How funny.” The cowled man clucked, sliding his tongue across his lips. Someone must've endowed her with such a goodly name. It was strange how his touches were cowed or flinched away from; his meticulous nature wasn't wholly consternating. Or maybe, she just didn't know any better. Either way, they were nearing Virgil's looming doctorate building. Several glimmering windows reflected the ugly world around it as it towered above them; powerful, and unrelenting with it's modern architecture. His pace slowed to a crawl, though he didn't relinquish Beloved's hand just yet, in front of the automatic doors. It whooshed open, with Beloved's added sound effects. He could only laugh, it might've been even endearing.

“Automated doors.” Savage suddenly explained, letting his fingers feather across the cool metal where the doors had retreated. Why did he feel the need to explain them, himself? He wasn't her damned mother, nor her father. And she certainly wasn't a slavering lap-dog. Turning back towards the long, white-walled hallway decorated with inspiring posters, Savage took note that Beloved's fingers wound themselves around his wrist; soft, but strong enough to make him wonder whether or not he could truly disentangle them. She didn't look unhygienic, so he supposed it was alright. Doctor Virgil had plenty of hand sanitarian, in any case. “You'll get used to them, I'm sure.”

A concoction of differing voices caught Savage's pointed ears as they neared the offices. Before he had the chance to turn towards Beloved and add something else to the conversation; they were suddenly prancing forward, with him stumbling and catching his legs behind her, and softly uttering curses. Two figures he immediately recognized were: Doctor Virgil and his assistant Vermuse, whose likeness to a cuddly teddy bear was uncanny. It didn't, however, instill an urge to touch him. Such succulent, tender meats would be appreciate in his barbeque or sauteed over bella mushrooms – though, Savage promised long ago that he would never in his right mind threaten Virgil's assistant. Eden's fruit type thing. Slowly, the cowled man's fingers removed Beloved's from his wrist; one by one. And then, he was free. She seemed far too preoccupied invading Candy's privacy to notice that he'd taken a few backwards steps towards a more suitable, open location.

“Well, Candy; hadn't expected to see you here.” The raspy voice had slightly metallic undertones, but it itself was not a high one and created a medley of sounds that were infinitely pleasurable to a finely tuned ear. Sometimes, his elephant memory was a bane – but at least, he could remember names like nobodies business. Candy was a hard woman to forget about, too. If you'd been at the WhoreHouse, you'd know what he meant. A small arch of his eyebrow, and then a collected smile offered little in the ways of a greeting. “You've not changed in the least.” At least, he was polite. Following Candy's gaze, Savage's fingers closed around the bottom of the stained apron and proceeded to untie it, folding it tidily up and tucking it under his armpit. “Pomegranate juice; it's my favourite.”

Savage's respect of privacy seemed on par with Beloved's, except a few shades darker. His nostrils were slightly flared, savouring each inhale. Everyone smelt differently in the small room; Candy's smell was particularly tasty. His hands, cold and unnaturally smooth caught Candy's wrists for a moment. He leaned in to bite her but stopped short; smiled, then dropped his unwelcome fingers. He moved away from her, intertwining his fingers behind his head for a moment. “Her name's Beloved. At least, that's what she thinks. I found her in the middle of the street.” He began, eyeing the pristine woman through lidded eyes. With the mind of a learning child, she couldn't be... could she? He spoke his thoughts aloud. “She doesn't look like a whore.” He turned his attention towards Virgil.

"It would've been inappropriate to nearly hit her with my van, and simply leave her behind. No?"
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rispetto on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 pm

The power plant. It was located in the more industrial part of town, and held power for the majority of the city. A particular abandoned warehouse was located not far from it, and even now in the distance Conduit could hear gun shots resonating from it's general direction. Perhaps he'd check it out once this little order of business was finished. He rubbed his gloved hands together before placing his mask and stepping up to the middle of the power plant, standing in between the two main conduits.

Without hesitation, he reached out both arms and gripped the conduits, electricity immediately surging into him. The feeling was wondrous, unlike any other high any person had ever achieved before. Absorbing power didn't nearly take as much effort as converting it. No, it really just flowed into him relentlessly, giving him a rush. As the power flowed into him, light in the city began to blink out. The majority of the town's power was being rerouted into his system.

He rose as he absorbed more, hovering above the plant and having all of the electricity shoot into him. He noted that the warehouse lights were still on, and were probably connected to an underground generator. All the more reason to head over there and check it out. The absorbing ending with a electromagnetic field erupting from Conduit, wiping out the little remaining electricity in the power plant and causing the city to go black. The only lights seen now were the ones emanating from the warehouse. It was time to check things out.

The travel was slightly different, it always was right after he filled up with energy. There was no traveling through power lines, but he instead formed into a giant cluster of electricity. It crackled as he moved, like thunder. Electricity arced off of every metal thing he passed, running into the ground and disappearing. It wasn't long till he came to the warehouse's wide court yard and spotted a very familiar mask that adorned two crimson hearts. Pulse. And she looked hurt. As he came in to land, he got a closer look at her clutching her sides.

"Well, well. Looks like you're the one whose down this time, eh Pulse?" he asked, reaching out to grab her shoulder. "Need a lift?"
Last edited by Rispetto on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rispetto
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Image“We may be moving a bit quickly don’t you think? These things take time….ah, but I am sure you know best.” Viola’s voice was riddled with the same careful tone he always had to keep, and really Viola was quite marvelous at it too. Everything from his body temperature and on to his heartbeat was carefully even. The only evidence of his constant discomfort was his tense muscles, from which Flawless could feel rather than see. Of all his senses his eyesight was the normal one, thankfully too; it had taken him such a long time to be accustomed to noise. He remembered being in pain often from the simple tactical simulations he had to go through, which involved smashing many objects. Besides, your eyes were the least trustworthy of all the organs from what he had judged in everything he knew and had seen. But, all of this irrelevance was moot to the situation. Flawless did not care if Viola was tense or comfortable, although a higher power under him; he was one of those which were replaceable. His knowledge was hardly something someone else couldn’t provide, and his empire was easily absorbable. That was why Viola was not completely at ease, he knew this.

“We are moving at an exact pace, one slow enough for those strong enough to adapt, and one quick enough to prevent any from stopping us. If we were to move slowly, people would react, if we are to be sudden, then a deer in headlights effect will take place. Giving people time to prepare is not wise in this situation. Especially when the change is so completely foreign to them, think of it, a Utopia.” Flawless’ smile and tone of voice was charismatic this evening, his easy smile and the swish of the wine in his glass made him appear in the right no matter what he said. Somehow, in the light of the restaurant, perhaps by the atmosphere, he appeared elegantly suited to the place. Even though he wore what he always wore, bear chested in his leather green jacket and monochromatic gloves. He somehow managed to make it seem as though his clothing was a suit.

Viola responded with a nod, accepting the statement without external question, and most likely internal as well, as Flawless’ reason was of course flawless, if not frightening.

“Do you think I should invite her over yet? She has been watching us for a few minutes, and as amusing as it is observing her antics, it is slightly belittling for someone like her.” Flawless spoke in a lower tone, no one capable of hearing save for Viola. Her presence most pointable by the quick beats of her heart, erratic and uneven, pompously still going, he could tell it was her from much farther away.

“You mean Miss Sonya. Yes she is acting childish isn’t she? As I recall you have plans for her, and someone with her destiny should not act so.” Viola gestured at a waiter, making him come over so he could tell him to let Sonya know that she was to come to their table. But as the waiter came over in a deliberate manner, Flawless’ eyes flickered over to give Sonya’s table a glance, only because someone else approached her. This heartbeat was that of a predator through and through, and the presence made Flawless’ alpha male personality roar.

“Wait.” He commanded, stopping the waiter from executing his orders, the waiter stopped in his tracks immediately. Flawless stood up, his whole head now turned towards Sonya, his eyes trained on her, most likely making her uncomfortable.

His walk over was slow and yet demanding, his presence looming. “O’Connell, Lucas isn’t it?” He said as he reached the table, that seemed to be all he was willing to acknowledge about him though. “Sonya, you should have told me you’d be here, Viola and I have your new life’s mission to discuss. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed at the grandiose position we have planned.” He extended his hand towards her, yanking her upright forcefully when she took it. Her feet left the ground, she was so light, and he let her go, to fallow him to the table, a chair already in position for her. “We don’t have any interest in your company just yet, but we will soon, best not to rush such a thing though. So stay off of my radar and away from what I claim…for the time being.” Was the sudden thing whispered to Lucas from behind, his form merely a blur from where he had been walking Sonya to the table. And just as quickly, he was back to them.

“Ah yes, where were we?” Viola smirked, glancing at Sonya as he took a drink, quite used to the quick and sudden movements of Flawless’ whim.

And that was when the lights went out. Flawless rolled his eyes and sighed. "This city needs more work ever second I'm here doesn't it?" how annoying, he took another drink of whine.
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Virgil enjoyed spending time with Candy she was definitely an interesting woman graced with both beauty and brains. They were gifts that often were not paired together especially for woman who have turned to the dark profession of selling their bodies. This was one of two reasons that Virgil would never attempt to engage himself into any kind of romantic relationship with Candy. But before he could respond to her request to a private check-up his new receptionist and assistant emerged from the bathroom that had seemed to turn into his temporary hiding place as he built up his confidence to meet Candy.

When Virgil had interviewed the man he wasn’t quite sure if he would be good at the job of talking with other people. He seemed to be the type that lived within a basement and only ventured out to gather more hot pockets and mountain dew. But much to his surprise Vermuse was so far proving to be competent at his new job, in fact it seemed that despite his odd demeanour people had a tendency to have an instant love of him and that was something that worked well for him especially as a receptionist. And then before much exchange could be made between the trio Virgil heard his doors open. They were accompanied by a ‘whooshing’ sound effect that usually wasn’t there. And then he noticed the strange woman that entered dragging Felix by his wrist as if he were a puppy on a leash.

First the new woman moved to inspect Candy moving in just a few centimetres away from Candy’s face; it appeared that the woman had no perception of personal space. But as soon as she had invaded Candy’s space she was gone moving away and towards Vermuse to greet him. This time Virgil noticed she didn’t get as close but instead spoke to him.

You might get hit by a car? At first Virgil wasn’t sure if she was telling a joke or something else. But after she didn’t say anything else it just confounded him and he looked down in thought. His first idea was that the woman might have had some sort of damage to Broca’s Speech Center but he disregarded that theory almost as soon as it had arrived. No, no, no. If there was damage there she wouldn’t be able to even form correct sentences. Virgil looked up at Felix with bewilderment spread across his face but only for a moment. Who have you found? he pondered.

As Virgil left his thoughts and came back to the conversation he caught the tail end of the conversation as Felix talking about pomegranate juice as he finished folding up an apron. It would probably fool the others but it didn’t fool him. When you deal in blood and guts on a daily basis it is easy to recognize and tell blood from any other red substance, but Felix wasn’t here to be lectured by Virgil today and besides he was more interested in this new mystery woman. He listened as Felix explained her name and how he found her.

”Beloved...” Virgil said as if tasting the name. ”If she were a whore I think Candy would recognize her. But I am glad that you decided to bring her here instead of leaving her on the streets.

Virgil had begun to move closer to Beloved so that he could get a better look at her but he stopped as the lights within his building flickered and then went out completely. Luckily the sun had not set yet so light from outside flooded into the building providing an eerie lighting effect.

”Vermuse would you be willing to start the generator out back?”

Virgil had been putting off getting a generator for sometime but he had eventually folded and gotten one after Vermuse had pointed out that even if Virgil didn’t need power and light to heal someone it would make it easier to be able to see them while doing it. After making his request Virgil continued towards Beloved until he was in front of her now and he almost immediately noticed her lack of pupils.

Virgil brought a singled hand up and began to move it back and forth in front of Beloved’s face curious to see if she could track his movement. She shouldn’t be able to notice any movement because without pupils no light would be entering her eyes, unless this was some kind of new evolution? The more Virgil learned about the woman before him the more he became interested in her.

”Hello, Beloved. Is that your name? Can you understand me?” He spoke in a kind and curious tone wondering if she could understand him or if she would just tell him that he might get hit by a car. Virgil reached out and gently took one of her hands and quickly found the pulse within her wrist and he waited counting and measuring it. There was nothing out of the ordinary with her heart beat and her breathing seemed to be normal as well. It was as if the woman just had the mind of a child.

Medic
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:38 pm

“Ladies and gentlemen!” booms a magnified voice over a PA system. “Are you ready to see… the man who will not die?”

The amphitheater explodes with righteous noise, the crowd bellowing and shrieking and stomping its enthusiasm. Half of the people in it are high, passing around the drugs like candy, and the other half are just fuckin’ sadistic. They gather to watch a man escape the certainty of death- again and again and again. To watch blood gout out of fatal wounds, only for those wounds to disappear a second later as though they were never there. The self-immolation of long-ago Buddhist priests is turned into a mockery of the one certainty in the universe.

He is their God, and he hates them all.

Nevertheless, he continues this sick little charade, because deep inside himself rests that futile little hope that one day, something really will keep him down. Calculated smirk resting upon his lips- three parts danger, one part arrogance, two parts ladykiller- he swaggers onto the stage, thrusting his hands at the sky and soaking in the twisted adoration. He walks through what has effectively become a minefield of accidents waiting to happen- chainsaws and blades and guns lay strewn about the floor that is his precipice. A large motorcycle ramp has been set up further down, just in case.

But today, there is something different on his mind. Today these sick little fucks were going to be forced to confront their own disgusting natures. Oh yes; they could watch him maim himself for days, enjoy his pain with that disgusting piece of schadenfreude that resided in every dirty soul. No souls were clean anymore; all carried the taint of what they were. It was unavoidable, irrepressible, but it was also ignorable.

Not anymore.

Motioning for silence, he was rewarded with instantaneous quiet. Lacing his hands behind his back, he spoke, the microphone attached to his ear ensuring that he was heard in every corner of the arena. “I’m not going to call you ladies and gentlemen, because you aren’t,” he quipped, and there was a ripple of laughter. So funny, that they thought his implications harmless, his wicked demeanor a part of the show. “Many of you have been to my shows before, and this is a gift for you. You’ve watched me fail to kill myself countless times, but some part of you still doubts, still thinks it was all some kind of stunt. The guns were props, the fire was an illusion. It’s a damn good show, say you, but none of it’s real.”

Oh, he had them now. Even the users were listening in with rapt attention. What’s he going to do this time? Why’s he talking like this? This is gonna be awesome. “So, people of the herd, slimy little festering maggots of humanity, disgusting pustules of inelegant depravity, I offer you a chance: kill me. I know more than one of you is carrying some form of weapon, and I invite you to seize the opportunity to use it. No repercussions, no… consequences. Visit upon me and only me your worst, filth, and see if you can’t watch the life vanish from my eyes, hm?” He fixed his audience with unerring stare, and did not move. Of course they would hesitate at first. They were weighing their options, trying to figure out if there was some kind of trick to it. Would they be arrested if they tried? What would their friends think? Would he really die?

Which was precisely why he’d planted his staff in the audience. The first volunteer was a teenaged roadie named Finn, as he’d directed. “I’ll do it!” the lad called, pulling a switchblade from his pocket and descending the stairs to the pit of the amphitheater. He approached the unmoving performer, asking the silent question that all of his staff had been pestering him with ever since he’d decided to do this. Are you sure? Most of them had been with him long enough to suspect that he really was unkillable, but it didn’t stop the hesitation. At the still man’s near-imperceptible nod, Finn gave a yell and shoved the switchblade right into his gut.

“Is that… all there is?” he asked, straightening from where the initial shot had doubled him over, flashing a hand slick with his own blood. The wound itself had closed the instant the knife was withdrawn, and he felt no lingering pain, either. “Surely, someone here is capable of better than that. Come on, swine! Which one of you thinks you can do it? Who here can actually kill me?

The rest of the evening show passed in a haze of pain for him, as not even one more staffer had been necessary. Pretty soon, the audience was descending in groups, some using their own weapons, some picking up those that had been strewn about the floor. He was shot and stabbed several times, a few of them even going right for his eyes or face. And he let them, just took all the hits, pain, and moments of blindness with perfect stoicism, save for when he shouted at them to try harder or get more creative.

They were only too happy to oblige. One man grabbed the gas can lying on the floor and threw it over him, dousing the immortal in highly-flammable, highly-toxic material. To the cheers of the crowd he struck a match, not noticing when his target smiled fiendishly. The match was tossed poorly, and though the gasoline-covered daredevil did in fact light, so did the fool’s arm. The sadist’s screams filled the arena, but this seemed to go ignored by the majority of the crowd, who watched their entertainer’s skin repeatedly blacken and revert for a good thirty seconds before one of his assistants doused him.

Looking to the screaming man, who had also been doused, and much sooner, he raised a singular eyebrow. “Looks like none of you can do it, but you’re welcome to keep it coming.” The chainsaws followed, even though his limbs simply reattached themselves, much to the increasing frustration of the crowd. The exquisite bite of pain, the sudden absence of a limb, and the gore of his own person splattering floor and faces, clothes and countenances, all for naught. All to be cancelled before their very eyes as his cursed body wrought its twisted magic. Screams of short-temper, jeers to the ineffectual. It was only after the first errant gunshot rang out, hitting an audience member, that he called for a halt to all of it. Eyes narrowed, bloody visage dripping with malice and contempt, he enunciated softly, sharply. “The rules specified that you were only to hit me. I, after all, cannot die. I leave you to your thoughts, scum.”

Sparing the dead body on the ground a glance, he nodded to Finn, who called in the police. Let them sort through it. Let each and every one of these shit-eaters recall their deeds and try to convince themselves that they had done nothing wrong. Let them stew in it. It was only what they deserved. They had been driven by nothing more than a challenge, an example, and the inexorable, disgusting herd instinct. He had merely given them opportunity to discover what monsters they were, what they were truly capable of.

He finally exited the building after giving his own statement and changing in time to notice most of the lights go out around him. Huh… looks like that’s my cue. Pulling a balaclava over his face and a hood over his head, Alejandro Vasquez became the Reaper once more, and disappeared into the dark.
Last edited by Kurokiku on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 pm

~The power had gone out, something that wasn't seen as weird or even given a second thought. Strange things happened in the city, and the WhoreHouse was always prepared. So before Jeeves went to wake Yoebe up, who wouldn't even notice in the dark room, he lighted a candle to go and turn on the generator. The lights got back on, but in the process of trying to make the generator work, his suit snagged on something and ripped a little. Jeeves swore if he found out the source of this black-out, he would have a word with the troublemakers himself. ~

It seemed as if every time Yoebe could sit down and readjust the lace in her hair, reapply her make-up, take a cat nap, or even a break for a nice afternoon sex session, someone had to come without an appointment. There were signs over on her large lawn, plastered on her golden gates, and advertised on her mini cooper as Yoebe drove around town, "Appointments not necessary.". There had to be, why else would Yoebe have so many visitors every day knocking on her double doors while Yoebe was trying to knock boots? But luckily for the visitor, Yoebe had just finished and wanted to take a nap, so the interruption wasn't going to throw her in a rage.

Before she was interrupted, Yoebe was having a dream about her childhood. When she had shorter hair, and was always smiling, even with a giant gap between her two front teeth. She was picked on for it, but her mom thought it was cute. So Yoebe spent her middle school days, teased and avoided by the cute boys because of her country hick gap, and her mother refused to get Yoebe braces, trying to tell her daughter to embrace her genetics. Sheeva herself had a gap, but it was cute and small, so how could she understand the teasing? This was one of the few things Sheeva and Yoebe ever argued about, braces. Yet in Yoebe's dream, she got braces. She was cute and Steven, the boy she had a crush on, would actually talk to her in lunch.

"Mistress Bixlow..." Yoebe flinched, she was so close to asking Steven out to the Valentine's day dance. But of course, she needed to be awaken when the best part came, or else the world would stop spinning. Yoebe didn't move in the darkness, she wanted Jeeves to go away while she was desperately holding on to her memories that were etiolating with every passing second. "Fuck..." Yoebe cursed under her breath. She hid her face under her pillow, hoping Jeeves would fade into the darkness, like her dream.

"Mistress Bixlow. A man named Kite is here to see you. He is in the lobby." The light flashed on, rudely drilling into Yoebe's feather stuffed pillow. Yoebe gave up. She threw the pillow off the bed and her sheets as well, just for getting in her way. She was naked and contemplating whether or not she should walk downstairs in the nude, to teach her guest a lesson about making an appointment. But, she decided against it. The guest might actually be important. "And God so help the motherfucker if he isn't." Yoebe said in a dark tone, going to the bathroom to freshen herself up, while Jeeves cleaned up her bed.

When Yoebe finally decided to walk down the stairs in her casual white dress, she flicked her wrist at Jeeves, telling him to come here. Jeeves only had to see the tired look in Yoebe's eyes and knew what she wanted. He stood in front of her and then crouched extremely low, to compensate for the height difference. Yoebe jumped on his back and was then escorted down the stairs, piggy-back style. Before they had reached the lobby, Yoebe jumped off and fixed her dress, trying to look presentable before this 'Kite' man she knew nothing of.

When she stepped into the lobby, she saw a man in casual clothing on one of the red couches and cursed a million times over in her head. Something told Yoebe that this man wasn't in a big business; which immediately lost most of her interest.

"Yoebe Bixlow. Pleased to meet you. Kite, right?" Yoebe said, smiling and extended out her hand to the man. Jeeves was close behind, his green eyes watching Kite closely, like a hawk about to swoop in on it's prey.
Last edited by Baby on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Kite had been carefully but nonchalantly watching the stairway that he could only assume is where Yoebe would be coming from and that’s when he noticed a short but pretty woman in a white dress walking down the stairs. He could only assume that this was the infamous Mistress of the Whorehouse as it seemed other people averted their gazes away from her as she descended.

"Yoebe Bixlow. Pleased to meet you. Kite, right?" She called out to him as she got closer and then extended a hand towards Kite.

Kite stood and he took her hand giving a brief hand shake before letting go, the less physical contact the better. ”A pleasure to meet you Mistress Bixlow.” He spoke as he took a bow before her, it was probably already apparent to her that Kite had a thing for theatrics. ”My name is Kite. You may call me Kite.” He spoke as he looked to the woman before him. Coming up from his bow he drew his hands across each other and as if from thin air a bouquet of red and white roses was now in his right hand and he offered them to Yoebe.

He offered them towards Yoebe as a gift but when she did not take them he frowned slightly. ”Not a rose person, huh?” He asked and once again brought a hand over the roses and they changed into two doves that launched themselves into the air before her. It didn’t appear to improve her mood at all as Yoebe’s eyes began to glow and cut low.

”Not a dove person either? Alright no problem then.” After he finished speaking he clapped his hands together and the two doves that were in the air burst into dozens of hundred dollar bills that began to rain down from the ceiling.

”Everyone likes money though right?!” Kite questioned, but he knew it was true. Hell he was in a place where people paid for sex, if there was a man or woman in this mansion that didn’t like money they must have had some sort of mental illness. But to those unfortunate enough to catch any of the falling bills they would find that as soon as they contacted anything besides the air the dollars would dissolve into nothing. After only a few moments Kite had decided to stop with his playful nature, after all you could only press someone’s patience so far before they break.

”So. Mistress Bixlow. Is there a private area we can discuss a few matters? I understand that you have you fingers in many places within the city and have information on all sorts of unsavoury characters. I have a special interest with two of them.” Kite wasn’t willing to explain any further until they entered into a secluded area. Even though the room probably had cameras and bugs Kite would like the appearance of privacy at the least.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Yoebe looked at Kite as he made a bouquet of flowers from thin air. They were nice, but Yoebe had seen better. Normally Yoebe would entertain performers, like at a circus or a parade. But not at night, in her home, after she just woke up. Yoebe was wondering if she should continue having the man inside her house, it was rude enough to come with an appointment, but now he was wasting her time.

Continuously trying to aggravate Yoebe, Kite made the roses into two doves, which flew into the air. Yoebe glared at him, thinking of ways to cause him pain, like a kick to the groin, perhaps. She was going to open her mouth and politely ask Kite to get the fuck out, but it seemed he still had one more trick up his sleeve. The doves had turned to money, that rained down from the ceiling. Yoebe looked around to see her maids trying to catch the money, but it disappeared when they tried to grasp it. That, actually would have been a good trick. Yoebe thought, nodding her head slightly in approval, wondering if it could come to any use.

But it seems Kite did not come to Yoebe to piss her off. He actually had business to discuss. Yoebe gave an honest smile to Kite as she offered her hand to hold as the three walked to a conference room. Jeeves walked behind Kite, while Yoebe walked in front, they unconsciously boxed the man in with Jeeves protective instincts and Yoebe's impatience.

"Now since you want two profiles, you will have to pay double. I take money and favors. Money is the easiest, favors are tolerable. Do you understand this before you ask me for anything else, my kite?" Yoebe purred as she closed the door behind them. At least now the conversation was picking up.

Jeeves offered Kite a chair at the opposite end of the desk where Yoebe was going to sit. Whether Kite accepted or not, Jeeves would still be close behind him and Yoebe would be at the desk, with her left palm resting upwards, a second offer to hold hands.
Last edited by Baby on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Standing above the pitfires of Hell, we speak to be heard and nothing else.
They all speak with sin, I listen and speak back with violence.
All the whores and politicians speak with the same sickening lilt and tenor, teaching their innocent children to whore and lie.
I can read their language. I am an expert, to understand, to detach myself from their filth.
Only I am clean, free from the disgusting cesspool of this city.
I speak with violence and fire, to burn away the scum and the stains on the rotting bone protruding from the septic wound that is this city.

I stand apart. I watch their convulsive orgy of flesh and immorality with vengeful eyes and clenched teeth.
Sharp claws when I need them.

"Well, well. Looks like you're the one who's down this time, eh Pulse?"
A familiar voice ripped Kat from her thoughts, followed by a hand gently grabbing her shoulder.
"Need a lift?" It was Conduit. Kat immediately entered her fighting mindset, but a flare of pain knocked her right out of it. She turned to face him, shaking his hand from her shoulder. Under her mask, she flinched in pain.

"Don't touch me!" She growled, trying to sound menacing, but the pain dulled the edge and shone through, weakening her voice. She clenched her side, trying to hold the blood in. The wound stung as her clothing clung to the exposed muscle and flesh. At last she looked up at him. Thoughts flashed through her mind.
Thief.
Controls electricity.
Cares about...something.

"Hmph. Must get to The Doctor. Know him?"
"Peace is the absence lack of war."
"I like to reserve my mouth for kissing, alcohol, and words. Not always in that order, but you get the point."
Blizzard's Music

Blizzard
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Kite looked at Yoebe’s hand that she had offered. He assumed to be held and he ignored it as they walked into the office. He listened as Yoebe explained that if Kite wanted to know about the two prospective individuals it would cost double and the payment was cash or favours. Kite could only smile as he sat down in the chair that was offered on the opposite end of the desk. Money huh? I guess I was right, everyone loves money. But no one wants the kind of money I have.

”I can pay you in money. But I think you might prefer a favour over money.” Before Yoebe could object or question what Kite was talking about he had pulled out his black and white spotted notebook and a pen. He ripped out a single sheet of paper before putting the notebook away. Then he wrote across the paper ‘hundred dollar bill’ before putting the pen away too. He held up the piece of paper in front of him so that Yoebe could see it. Then he placed the paper within his left palm and proceeded to run his right hand across it and there was no longer a piece of paper but a completely real looking hundred dollar bill.

”Here you go, go ahead and take it. You couldn’t tell the difference between that and a real hundred.” He held it across the table offering it up for Yoebe to take and he grinned as she accepted it. ”Now!” He spoke loudly while standing up quickly in order to grab the attention of the two so they focused on him. He rubbed his hands together as his grin furthered and then he stopped brought his right hand out and to his right and snapped once. With his left hand he motioned towards Yoebe’s hand which had originally contained the hundred dollar bill. It now instead held the piece of paper that original had ‘hundred dollar bill’ written across it.

”I am looking for the information that you have on Flawless and The Illusionist.” Kite spoke in a serious tone and his facial expression had gone from the happy showman to the sober businessman. If he was lucky there would be a vast wealth of information on Flawless and not a dime to be found on the Illusionist.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 am

Image Ludis had been almost lost in her song, watching the way her little fingers moved over the strings and studying the way her face softened while she played, or sometimes hardened, depending on what part of the song she was playing. It was like watching an actor in a movie or on a stage. She was reciting some kind of poem or monologue. Ludis had never told anyone, but he really liked poetry. He couldn’t write it. Certainly, the Hero had tried. He was terrible with words. It was even worse when he was high.

She spoke to him and offered a place to sit beside her. Good! A better view! Ludis smiled at her, almost laughing out loud, and plopped down, admiring her instrument and her boyish face. Ludis could smell a girl from a mile away but she did an awful good job looking like a boy. His eyes followed her gaze to the figure at the tree and he cocked his head to the side. He would figure that someone like that only stood back to admire the music. Too bad they couldn't come up and say, "thanks" or "you're really good." But then again, not everyone was as brave (or lacked any shame) like Ludis.

Before he could speak, the girl was playing again and Ludis found himself lost in some other world she was painting for him. His head moved back and forth with the tempo. His fingers twitched and Ludis couldn’t help himself from smiling maniacally. Ludis spun himself around and splashed into the water. The rise and fall of the song she played moved through his body and he felt a kind of electricity erupt in his radioactive veins. He invented and air guitar, smashing out frets and chords he’d never learned but pretended he knew. It was fun, the most fun he had in a long time. The magic of the moment was that he was actually high. He was just enjoying himself.

When she finished, Ludis was thoroughly soaked to the bone and he was laughing. He plopped down on the other side of her and smiled.

“Man, you are so amazing!” He glittered, unable to hide his mirth. Teal hair was plastered down his forehead and cheeks and his crystal blue eyes shone through the darkening dusk. “Where did you learn to play like that?!” He chirruped. Standing back up in the water he kicked it a little bit and walked around her so he was on the side he’d been sitting at before.

“I wish I could do something awesome like that.” He laughed and jumped back onto the edge of the fountain, water draining down his pleather, plat-formed boots and dripping off the many strings of Christmas lights he’d confiscated from the catholic church’s garbage a day or two ago. “Well, I can do awesome stuff.” He smiled knowingly at the girl. Of course, she wouldn’t know, but he did and for Ludis, that’s all that mattered.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:50 am

Upon studying the man before her, Beloved decided that she liked him, which showed by the eager way she titlted her head and smiled, slightly bemused to his reaction to her greeting. The woman that Beloved first inspected upon entering the room spoke in her direction, and she turned her head, mouth slightly open and thinking of any sound to mimic, because Beloved really did want to make sounds back. But apparently what she said before was wrong, and so she wasn't sure what was right. The notion of silence came about on her, and she yielded to it. Simply giving the woman more studying looks, sighing in her own lack of ability to say anything back. The woman Candy did not know it, but Beloved had not eaten or drank anything in her first two days of conscious thought, making her right in her assumption that Beloved needed sustenance and perhaps a shower.

Beloved looked apologetic now, before the light went out, making her look about in slight panic, making sure it was not her that caused this change in light. She hadn't done anything so far that might break something, she double checked her hands to make sure, no, it couldn't have been her could it? Wait, hadn't she been holding onto...Beloved searched for Savage and found him, giving him a smile before turning around. She wasn't sure when he had left her grip, but he was still there so she was ok with it. She'd become quite alarmed if he were to leave. "You." she said simply to him, mimicking one of the words he had said to her before.

The person she had yet to inspect, Virgil, spoke, and the one Beloved decided she liked left the room, leaving her looking to see where he went. Virgil stepped in where Vermuse had been and she looked up at him. He waved a finger in front of her, she fallowed it only once before sticking out her own finger and doing the same for the Doctor. She smiled hopefully while he spoke. "Hello, Beloved. Is that your name? Can you understand me?" she mimicked, also finally taking time to study the Doctor, she decided right away that she liked him too. Heck, she liked everyone in the room to be honest. The lights flickered back on, and a resounding 'glub' caused her to turn her head to see a drink station. It was square and completely clear, the life giving liquid in it swishes from it's previous movement, and Beloved seemed riveted by the sight. She suddenly felt forlorn, and smacked her lips twice, wondering the sensation she felt of dryness, even worse than it had been a moment ago.

In a flicker of blurred movement she was in front of the machine, her hands rested on it, it was taller than she was. Instinctively she whined, the sound quite pitiful, she didn't want to break the machine, but oh is was so tempting.

Unicorn Luv
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Yoebe's eye twitched when Kite handed her fake money. He had one more chance to try another trick before she exploded. It was not a good time to fuck around, especially when Yoebe had to wake up to entertain Kite. But luckily for him, he seemed to turn serious in his purpose for coming to the mansion. He had asked for Flawless and The Illusionist information; The Illusionist didn't matter, never did. But Flawless? The offer would have made Yoebe spit out her drink, if she had any in her mouth. So instead, Yoebe's jaw dropped.

Flawless was dangerous, to put it short. He commanded power and order, and someone Yoebe doubted she could overtake, even with all of her bodyguards. Luckily, Flawless had found Yoebe useful and was kept under his command for his 'vision'. Yoebe didn't like anyone dominating her unless it was in bed, but she loved her life more than petty pride. Besides, if Yoebe had much pride in the start of her career, she wouldn't be where she is now, so it was something that was easily suppressed.

But overall, Flawless was the guy you usually don't see being confronted. So Yoebe relented and mentally complemented Kite on his courage to even make the request. Yet it was overshadowed by his ignorance. If he knew any better, Kite would understand that Flawless had many people under his thumb, Yoebe included. But then again, if he knew anything about Flawless, Kite wouldn't be asking Yoebe for information.

"I'm sorry Kite. Due to your ignorance of who Flawless is and how bad this could turn out to be for my life, I must ask that you get the hell out of my mansion. James will escort you." Yoebe said coldly and rang a yellow bell that was on the wall near the desk. James was in the room in three seconds, his reputation as the fastest butler was not an exaggeration. Yoebe stood up from her chair, signaling that the meeting was over.
Last edited by Baby on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:20 am

Kite frowned as she asked him to leave and then rang a bell which must have been an alert to James. It seemed Flawless wielded more power and fear than Kite had expected. Especially if it caused Yoebe to not even entertain the idea of giving out information on him. Truly a man to idolize if there were any and all the more reason to kill him and take his place. But Kite wasn’t ready to leave yet he figured that neither of them knew or suspected he had any kind of ability. They probably just pegged him for an annoying man who knew a few magic tricks. He expected that he could probably kill the James fellow easily enough and then there was just Yoebe to deal with.

But Kite didn’t put his plans into action. He figured that if he just started killing Yoebe’s servants and took her hostage she probably wouldn’t be willing to give up any future information. Still frowning Kite stood up from where he was seated. ”Not even willing to entertain the idea of it? He is a very Machiavellian man.” Kite started to wander towards the door at a slow pace taking his time and he looked over his shoulder one last time to Yoebe. ”We’ll be in touch my dear. Hopefully you won’t disappoint next time.” Kite had locked eyes with Yoebe as he spoke and as soon as he finished he brought his hands upwards and clapped, this time the figure that was before the two began to dissolve into ash and dissipate into the air a devilish smile upon its face and a sinister look its eyes.

Kite really wasn’t gone it was just an illusion for the two of them he was actually just invisible something that took a lot more work to hold up. But he had a thing for theatrics and he wouldn’t have to hold up the illusion for long. He quickly escaped from the room through the open door making his way down the hall heading to the mansions entrance and carefully avoiding everyone and everything so as not to break the illusion. As he got to the main doors he quietly slipped out of them following a guest out and Kite was gone into the night.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:40 am

September, lost in her playing, was conscious of the fact that one half of her audience was thrashing around in the fountain behind her, and she had to say nobody had ever reacted in quite that fashion before. It was certainly odd, but then the boy himself, probably little older than she was (he looked more mature than she did, in the purely chronological sense of the term, but then she’d still guess they were about the same age), didn’t exactly look ordinary either. Between the hair, the clothes, and what appeared to be a string of Christmas lights, she was pretty sure he qualified as one of the oddest-looking people she’d ever seen… and she knew a man who usually wore a mask around everywhere, even in public places illuminated by nothing less than broad daylight.

Her distraction had been enough, combined with her absorption in the music itself, that she didn’t even register that the woman had approached until she was speaking. …A compliment? How strange. Never once had they spoken, but here she was, wasting her breath on compliments. September knew she was skilled, but she did not play for accolades. She played because it was the only thing left untainted by either spur of infirmity she possessed. Her mind and her body were traitorous at times, but the constancy of the music allowed her to escape that, at least until her hands started shaking from the fine-pointed exertion, as they were now. Even so, even so… to say this would be meaningless. So she absorbed the praise with stoicism and as much grace as she could muster, accepting that what was given had, it would seem, not come easily.

“Thank you.” Two words, simple enough, but then this did not come easily either. The entire exchange was stilted from both ends, but then perhaps that was a reason to appreciate it all the more. The woman disappeared, though, leaving her with a bundle of wired nerves and riotous color that was her new… enthusiast.

For truly, she was certain she had never met anyone quite like this. Sopping wet, he plonked himself back onto the fountain with a wet squelch, and she frowned slightly. Was he not uncomfortable, soaked through as he was? He certainly didn’t seem to care, and his voice was as bombastic and suffused with enthusiasm as she had predicted it would be. Like yin and yang, and September simply some kind of vessel for whatever they desired to see in it. Or perhaps not; maybe there was something of a substance to her, but seen different ways. Like a clear crystal held to light, reflecting this way blue and that, vibrant pink. Maybe what you saw really was what you got, but not the same as another saw.

The idea that she might be that crystalline mirror into someone else’s mind was almost ironic, and it amused her a bit. She regarded the flamboyant recklessness of youth with the distant eye that can only belong to one who has never known it; neither the easy familiarity of camaraderie nor the heavy, greyed filter of nostalgia nor the rosy pink cast of wistfulness tinted her vision, merely an odd sort of curiosity. She didn’t really know what to offer in response to his assertions, at least until he reached the last. Her automatic assumption was that he referred to some kind of ability of the kind she knew others and herself alike to possess. It would perhaps have not been so were she without them, but he had that kind of thin-veiled secrecy that those who embraced their powers used to keep the rest of the world at a nominal distance, because they were just a little different. Not better, not worse, just different, and more inscrutable for it.

Very little was inscrutable for September. “Can you now?” she asked with a delicate arch to her brow. “I guess that makes two of us then.” She wondered if he would catch on. Her words were clothed in the same double-standard of meaning as his, only perhaps a little more thickly. Was she referring to the music, or the same thing he was? His guess might be worth noting.

As though she had said nothing of great import, September reached down for her violin case and pulled it onto her lap, shaking her head slightly at the ten still in there. She almost wanted to give it back- it was far too much for a few songs- but then that was probably rude. As much as she didn’t mind saying what needed to be said, she never really went out of her way to offend people. Why would she? People didn’t often go out of their way to offend her. If anything, they tended to tiptoe around the important things for sake of her obvious frailty. Perchance this was why she’d developed a blunt streak a mile wide. Sliding the instrument and bow into the case, she latched it with tremulous fingers that she struggled to steady. Pain was a constant and therefore manageable, but she hated the little involuntary things it made her do.

Though nobody had known it but her, she rather thought this would be her last performance in the park. Recently, she’d been offered a much more lucrative use for her music, and though she still would play for neither accolade nor profit (really), she’d be earning a fair bit more of both. She wondered if it would ever feel quite the same.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:00 pm

ImageEverything good there, nothing happening there, wait, what was this? The aerial view of a trashed van with a huge human dent in the front caught his attention, it was being towed away. His mind drifted to the cause of such a- did his phone just buzz? The thoughtful spectral entity still watching over his form glanced at his phone next to him, open to prevent the need to go back into his body and open it himself, plenty of things like that were details he had adapted to after experience. It was from Mistress, immediately he went back to his original musing, as a text from Mistress was unimportant. He never answered her back anyway, unless she seemed furious and demanded it. Which seemed to be happening more often these days; for know though it looked like a mass text, so he didn’t worry about it.

He had tracked the dent’s source in the wrong direction, going the opposite way that was the Doctor’s office, but a quick switch of location put him on track. He took a peek at the Doctor’s office and saw the same woman he had seen in his vision, the one that was fighting furiously against the one known as Flawless. He did not have time to observe however, as a knock on the door signaled an interruption. He cursed mentally at his confounded schedule. He had to cut the night short, especially if Candy was there at the office, he hoped she would not tell Mistress about the strange girl. ’C’mon Candy, just chock it up as a nothing event. Go drinking and forget about it, it’s nothing important.’ He knew that the moment Candy told her, Mistress would recognize the description as a woman Flawless was expecting. It was too soon for Flawless to know Beloved was there, they wouldn’t stand a chance if they didn’t have time to plan things! He himself only knew her name because of the spying he had done on conversations between Yoebe and Flawless. But he did know that they had to get her to work on the side of sanity instead of this delusional Utopia idea.

Of course even worse, Caramel hadn’t a clue that Beloved was not battle ready, nor was she even able to converse properly or get water for herself. She was a brand new being with no idea of anything. The only thing he had seen in his visions during the night and that particularly violent one during the day was that she was to fight Flawless with the help of various individuals. Caramel had picked through his memories and identified each of the individuals, but each time they seemed to change, some of them even dying. This led him to believe that this business was going to be tricky and uncertain; the destiny was not set in stone, unlike so many before it. His violet eyes popped open, their flash of purple fading into gold, his view of the city now gone.

He got up quickly and opened the door, revealing a one Lucas, to whom he had seduced after Yoebe found out about his double life. Caramel’s goal was to keep him away from her bed, where she could probably manipulate him. So far it had been successful, Lucas seemed taken with him. Especially from the way he was greeted upon letting Lucas in. A rough kiss that pushed him back began their little time of business, “Mmm! Try not to eat me alive will you!” He said, his breathing suddenly quickening.

Oh yah, which was another thing, Lucas was a complete animal in bed. And Caramel’s thoughts and worries seemed to melt with his touch, a very annoying occurrence that made him snap and whine at Lucas at times. A cocky smile and asshole retort was Caramel’s reward most of the time. His initial worry disappeared for about an hour, which left him gasping, naked, on the floor; they hadn’t even made it to the bed. “Horny jerk…” He growled to the floor after Lucas left. That man had the stamina of a damn…he didn’t even know what, but he always left Caramel worn out and feeling like he had run a marathon. As mind-blowing as it was, he grew to regret it as his shift went on. “This is going to be a long night.” He said to himself, after opening the door, welcoming in another customer.

“I believe we have an hour this time Mrs. Clarence.” He purred, back into working mode. He had to make this quick so that he could pay the Doctor a visit. But how was one supposed to speed up a shift?!

>:P Hey Candy, don't tell Yoebe about that strange woman in the room with you.
    You'll only cause her harm! I'll buy you something nice if you do as I ask<3

He texted her quickly before tossing his phone away and hopping into bed with the married and horny Mrs. Clerance.

That One Guy
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!