Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Avatar: Shadow of the Mount OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lake on Mon May 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Sound's like a plan, let me make a quick post.
This signature is naked. Help by clothing it!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lake
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Mon May 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Alright I posted lake, I should be near you, or around your area. Come find me.
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avric on Mon May 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Myrin wrote:Yeah Avric, we be going by boat!

And I was wondering... if the arranged marriages are still done in the North currently? I kinda missed the latest season and if it is, then it'd give Panda a solid excuse to run off into the fields! Aside from her wanting to better herself. <<... >>...

I believe that Jadeling said something about all of those customs being abolished in the several hundred years since the series has taken place.

Avric
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:26 pm

*Kicks* How dead is this rp? Is there any way to renew it the OLD way you usually do it? Or is it going to be left in the shadows...?
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm

So... yeah, what happened here? I was really looking forward to the RP. :<
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avric on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:48 pm

I think it could be brought back...

Avric
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:15 pm

I don't know, guys. It could be brought back, but with all the mayhem and arguing in the beginning I really lost a lot of steam for this game. And then I got all sick and couldn't do anything creative or original...bleh. >< So I don't know.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:07 am

I think it was the incessant bitch-fest and power-playing by people who actually weren't in the loop of how Jade wanted the story to go in the very beginning, before the RP started that killed it for me. It's a great idea, has some great opportunities to craft a great RP story but people who whined about getting in haven't post. Others posted HUGE massive power play look at me because I want the spot light on me type posts that made me go ugh.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:31 am

You too? Like honestly, after a while I just stopped reading most people's posts. << *coughs* I'd really wouldn't mind a do over though... the normal way Jade would do it of course. <<

And I HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER JADE! <3

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:25 am

What she said. Some people disagreed with the way Jade usually runs her RPs (which resulted in the legacy that is Possibly Pirates, among others), so she tried to accommodate them (which resulted in this).

I don't mind a do-over, done the traditional way. It helps to maintain the quality of the RP.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:58 pm

May I join?
Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with?
-Ganondorf-

And so... You must be silenced!

What does not kill you only makes you stronger, or puts you into a diabetic coma.
-Lord Validrir

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avric on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:22 pm

well first you need to post your character, but the thing is that this RP may very well be dead... but go for it

Avric
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:57 am

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/n ... 621/tcid/1

A live action Avatar the Last Airbender movie....kinda cool

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!