Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Is This a Good Question?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Is This a Good Question?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxWings on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:17 am

Hiya, firt time role-playing. Ever. I wonder... What qualities do you believe promotes or say, beautifies a role-play? And could you tell if it was a noob RPing?
I didn't do it! :p

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OnyxWings
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Is This a Good Question?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:32 am

Well first of all welcome to the crew.

Second I cant tell when someone is a noob at RPing, but I can tell when a person is immature and conclude that RPing with them will be venomous

Immature how? well their characters are mary sues, they are the last of their kind, or the chosen ones, or someway ABOVE the other characters and they are incredibly central to the plot, and they can only get away with it if they are GM which require a char to be drooling over them.

I kid you not, ive seen some people post "Hey I need a character that would be an admirer/love interest to mine"

That, sucks.

Now what promotes a roleplay? Interaction.

Thats the definitive difference between writing and roleplaying is that the players have the tools to surprise you with their interactions with each other and the plot.

Well anyway, that answers your question? if not do tell me and ill go deeper into it, and welcome do make yourself at home
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuukakulily on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:40 am

I'm fairly new here as well, but I've been roleplaying for a while. I would say that diversity is the most essential to the roleplay. I do agree with Romaneck too, but Variety is sort of my bag. I don't always like RPing with the same type of characters over and over again. Most of them are white, perfect, and infallible. I find that giving your character more well "character" adds so much depth to the RP and makes you believe that they are real and they have feelings. It makes them more human.

Also, welcome ^^

Kuukakulily
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:13 am

Hai OnyxWings!

Welcome to RPG, a place for dreamers and scheme--I mean, um roleplayers. Yeah... <<;;

Anyways, whoever says quantity is the way to go is obviously not looking for a good read. As writers we should always aim to please our audience and not ourselves. Quality is the way to go! When you write, you should always take the time to really analyze your response and make it enjoyable for everyone. =3 If you need some extra insight on that, we've got some amazing Mentors (The dark blue people) who help and they can be found in out Roleplay Academy.

If you wish for some extra help, feel free to drop by the chat and myself or another staffer will be happy to help. =3
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!