Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The First Signs of Madness

The First Signs of Madness

a part of “The First Signs of Madness”, a fictional universe by AugmentationAudit.

‘Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.’

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The First Signs of Madness”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The First Signs of Madness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Mon May 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Hello. I am hoping to join this interesting roleplay. I've submitted my character and am mostly waiting to jump in if it's accepted. So far I have enjoyed the execution of the asylum staff as it's got some intelligent writing behind it.
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Tue May 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Hello Zanglo; welcome to the madness. I am accepting your character, as he will quite merrily fuck with one of the wild cards and make things more complicated for me. Please pick an unoccupied room for your character, and write a "waking up" post for him. He will get a visitation from someone soon enough.
Custom character art on my profiles is work by the wonderful Hax. She does commissions and is happy to discuss drawing RP characters. Take a look and drop her a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 pm

I shall be writing that post right away. He'll be in room 8 which I presume is unoccupied from what I read.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 am

Room eight is absolutely fine. You are in a populated are of the Residential Hall, and there is interaction going on relatively close to your position. Now that your character is out of his room, you will likely bump into the Sarah/Matt/Aveline interaction shortly.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Ohhhh..... Fresh meat.

I.. I mean, hello new person! I'm sorry that Sarah can't stay to chat, but she's on a mission right now and a bit head strong about it.

I must say though, that Sarah and Arthur are simply going to have to sit down for a nice long chat one of these days. The interaction between somebody who can reshape shadows and become one with the darkness and somebody who can slip through a 'sideways' dimension (that's how I understand your power anyways) is going to be fascinating.
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:01 am

Oh, it all fits so well into my super secret gameplan, you would not believe. Arthur is totally perfect for that, though if you notice certain characters running away from him, or acting strangely around him, that is for a very valid reason.

The internal politics of the institution will hopefully start showing soon. =D I will be posting tonight, now that I'm home from work.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Animality, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize. I somehow missed the fact that you posted a while ago and have been sitting here glaring at the screen and waiting for something to happen. I shall disassemble the voodoo doll I made in your image immediately.

Just out of curiosity though, have you had any strange urges in the past few days? Sudden stabbing pains, the feeling like you were being dunked repeatedly in a patch of poison ivy?

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:57 pm

LOL! Now that you mention it... Haha, I've been waiting for you, Trick! Wondered where you'd gone for a moment there. Thought maybe you'd been eaten by Trephan, or sucked into the walls, etc. =D Good to have you back in the game! I am working nights at the moment, but will be posting either tomorrow or the next day.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:06 pm

I'm really really sorry! I mean, there was this one incident with this interdimensional void under my bed, but that got cleared up immediately and I only lost a week or so of retaliative time.

I think.

What year is it?

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:37 am

Ooh, that sounds like a nasty case. You have to watch 'The Instigator' for pulling tricks like that. (and let me tell you, the character that he actually is has been cackling in my head for nearly a year now, reveling in his secret identity).

I have just gotten home from work, so no posting right now, and I've got to be back in tonight, but I have the day off after work on Monday, so I'll be writing for you all then. =D

Stay mad, guys. It's what makes you awesome.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:47 pm

There we go, guys! Post's up!

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Plots......Plans.......Secrets........

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 am

Got my post up at last. Little worries poor Arthur more than someone who knows more than him.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:32 pm

You know, if something doesn't happen soon, Sarah is going to start running down the halls cackling and dancing, just for a change of pace.

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:54 pm

The Great Escape is going to be starting in the next few posts, mehopes. Just waiting for my artist to get back to me on the outside setting work. Also, we're waiting for a post from Anima, no?

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm not making my move till "late at night", so however long that takes.....

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:28 pm

I am still just waiting for someone else to post. It would be wrong to follow up a post from myself with another post from myself. I've taken the liberty of having read all of the previous posts in this roleplay in the meanwhile. Figure I'd catch myself up in the plot of things.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Detailed schematics of the security system, the lobby area, and what sort of bits you'll need to get out will be coming tonight. There will be a rough outline of the Asylum Village posted as well; it's just being scanned in and tidied up. Detailed descriptions of what you'll have to do to escape can be achieved in narrative if you ask the right person, or you can blunder through and have Asylum posts helping you along your way.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:18 pm

There we go: there are a couple of close-up views of the Security checkpoints, which will be described in better detail when characters get near them. There is also a new location open: The Village, complete with pictures, zones and links.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Would this be an appropriate time to start laughing manically?

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!