Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Age: The Undoing

Dragon Age: The Undoing

a part of “Dragon Age: The Undoing”, a fictional universe by The Valkyrie.

The year is 1:95 Divine, and the second Blight has been raging for nearly a century. Pushed to desperation, the Grey Wardens assemble a team for a suicidal mission. None were prepared for what they would discover.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Age: The Undoing”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Dragon Age: The Undoing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi there!

If you're reading this, we've finally finished DATU. I came into this story with no GM experience to speak of, a bunch of vague ideas, and a little too much ambition. That's not normally a formula for success, and in some places, I'm sure my inexperience shows through quite clearly.

But for all its shortcomings, setbacks, and imperfections, DATU has an irreplaceable spot in my heart. It was the first story that my entire writing group started together, and in many ways it was the first layer of cement on our friendship. And though other players came and went, those four stuck with me—through periods of inactivity when real life caught up with us, through dubious-at-best plot elements, through things I hadn't thought enough about before I had to write them, and probably worse than that as well.

But despite everything, they constantly impressed me. Their ability to work within tight constraints to make their characters come to life and shine, and to push me to make mine do the same, will never cease to amaze. I'm a better writer for DATU, and a better person for the friends it made me.

Next to that, a little plot snag here or there hardly bears talking about.

So of you, dear reader, I ask a little indulgence, should you choose to pass your time with this story in all its dear imperfection.

And to them—Yonni, Tally, August, and Kiku, from the bottom of my little feely heart—

Thanks. You guys are the best.

-Val
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!