Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The New Mage Guild: Amaranth

Shameless self-admiration

a part of “The New Mage Guild: Amaranth”, a fictional universe by Temperance.

Taking place shortly after Natsu and company stopped the Eisenwald Guild in Oshibana Town. An up-and-coming Guild decided to station itself in place of Eisenwald. Now Oshibana Town has it's own certified Guild; Amaranth.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The New Mage Guild: Amaranth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Shameless self-admiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Oblivian wrote:Hmmm....I got a sudden idea of something to place here. You know how the manga have a sort of picture story for each chapter at the beginning? Well..would anyone be interested in me making a sort of story like that of the time between Sikes leaving where he lived with his sister to when he arrived at the guild? I'm sure a number of funny things would happen in his first time in places. XD

That would be cool! I would read it. Sikes naivety about the outside world is already a bit amusing as it is + I would love to see his interactions with Sheena. If you've got time, you should try it. X3

And wow. Black Death! That was good — definitely not the typical happy ever after. I wasn't expecting anyone to die. o___o I had just expected H'Mong to end up with Issabella and K'Brak to end up with Freya. Nice twist!

QueenJen, ah. That's a toughie. I'm trying to think of a twisted fairy tail to use. Maybe Beauty and the Beast or the Little Mermaid? I haven't touched up on Grimm fairytales in a while.

Or you could write a little comedy snippet of the Wizard of Oz. XD I've been inspired lately by watching trailers of Oz (that new Disney movie that will come out with James Franco and Mila Kunis).

Other story ideas (maybe I'll even do one or two myself - after I get around to posting IC X3): the Lion King (basic idea that the future ruler disappears, creates his own adventure, is forced to come back upon hearing an evil ruler has taken over the throne and enslaved the people, etc.), Drive Me Crazy (girl makes over nerdy boy for revenge on her ex and they end up falling for one another), Power Rangers (asdfghjkl), Pokemon (pocket monsters ftw), Digimon, the Hunger Games (bloodthirsty careers, anyone?), the Avengers, the Lord of the Rings, Mean Girls (I would sit there and cry if someone did this, omg.), Avatar: the Last Airbender (because it was already amazingly mentioned), Battle Royal, Harry Potter (also mentioned), Ouran High School Host Club (would cry too, js) and uhm...Young Justice! (Imagine them as teenage superheros who are being mentored by their elders and trying to prove themselves.)

js = just saying

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aradia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm

FUUUUUUUUUU Black Death! you better be writing a sequel!!!! :D That was so... tragic and beautiful! :3

Omigosh, Aradia.............. -.- Now I want to write/read all of those. Every. Single. Darn. One.
The could be's running through my mind right now? Not good. I have an essay to write, damn you! <3

All saying- I'll probably write a something something up :3 After I do a Crimson Blades Fairy Tale of course!!
I'm liking Oz, Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast- The only issue would be lack of premade characters, so I'd have to shove some more in haha
I'll see what turns up (:

Maybe we should open a FanFiction thread? We all seem to be awfully inspired <3 (And I love it- GAH I love all of you, this roleplay is amazing, you all welcome everything from drawing to writing to craziness to virtual weddings :D It's refreshing)

OH, Bytheby OBLIVIAN!!! If you were to ever do that manga sorta thing for Sikes I would stalk and follow it!!! :D It'dd be epic ^_^

Kay, I'm gonna go write fanfiction write an essay

Deuces!

"All around I see raining, things don’t seem to go my way. Got a dark cloud that's hanging and it seems to follow me…"
Boy, won’t you just wake up? Feel the humming this cool world is giving you...Better start running to catch up with your life, catch on up, before the whole thing is through.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Oh well..I guess I better start work on those mini stories then XD I suck at drawing so I'll be resorting to typing it all down instead. But since the interest on the sibling's relationship has been brought up, I guess I'll be starting it before Sikes leaves.

Soon as I get something thought up for a starter I'll put it up. ^^
~The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadow becomes~

Inspiration Music for my RPs
Fairy Tail - Dragon Force
The Legend of Spyro - Valley of Avalar
Iji - Tor Battle
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Back to your Friends

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Black Death on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Thank you for your kind words. That is very nice of you all to say so. I have decided to write a sequel for my story. The next story shall go by the name:

Zagreus, Melinoe and the sin of a Father

Main characters: Zagreus, Melinoe, Ravenna

Guest Stars: H'mong, Freya, K'brak

The Black Death
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Sikes' First Time on His Own

It was the next morning after the night that Sheena said Sikes could go ahead and see things for himself. But before he heads out, there was one little tradition they always had before he goes. With their new life and new "selves", the siblings have grown fond of measuring each other's strength and battling as a sort of game. To them, battle didn't mean a life and death situation, but a form of entertainment instead.

Within the area of the woods that they have claimed as their home, a clearing has been recently made as the two of them stood in the center. Sheena stood calmly in front of Sikes, her hair slowly changing from a blood red color, back to the normal orange coloring. Letting out a huff, she giggles as she watches her brother suddenly land on his knees, worn out. "Well, it looks like it's my win, little brother." She said to him, knowing how much he hated her calling him that. Looking up at her, he pushed himself back up, "You..just got lucky...again..." He replies, trying to give an excuse to his lose, never being one to admit defeat so easily.

Waving her arm about, Sheena gives a slight shrug, "Whatever you say, lit-tle bro-ther." Giving him a sly smirk as Sikes slightly pouts and glares at her for using that title on him again. Reaching down by her feet, Sheena then suddenly tosses Sikes' coat for him to catch. "Then how about this then? While your out there, seeing things for yourself, get stronger. Maybe then you'll manage to beat me." Enjoying the teasing at her brother, she giggles once again as Sikes puts his coat on. "Oh, I plan to and you'll be seeing a whole new me someday!" He grins at her as he then begins to go on his way.

Watching him head off, Sheena gave a slight worried look at her little brother heading off on his own. She knew that he had little to now experience in the real world, so it was going to be all new to him. But then she gave a sigh, crossing her arms over her chest as her expression changed from worry to serious. "It's fine..he has to see for himself. To get rid of his ideas that those mages gave him. Once that happens and he sees the world for what it really is, he'll be back. He just better get stronger by then." She gave an almost evil giggle as Sikes vanishes from her sights.
-------------
Walking down the dirt road that leads out of woods that he and his sister have lived for so long, he just started to aimlessly walk in a direction on the road. No clue WHERE he was heading to, he was just sure that he would get to a town eventually.

At first, he marched on eagerly. Then 5 hours passed and he realized something. "This traveling thing is BORING!!" He suddenly yells only to to be interrupter by his stomach growling. Looking down at his stomach, he yelled at it, "Shut up down there! I know I'm hun-!"

Just then, he caught a scent of something. The scent of...meat!

Not far from where Sikes was at, there was a local farm that took care of a herd of cows on their field. Within the house, the farmer was relaxing as the day was coming to a close and dinner was being cooked in the kitchen. He then smelt something burning as he got up, heading for the kitchen to check on the meal. But everything was alright with his food. It was then that he noticed the smell was coming from out the window as he looked out in horror. Far deep in the cow field was a large fire burning. IN panic, he ran out to the field. But he found the most bizarre sight that filled him with rage.

Over the large fire, one of his cows was literally stabbed through with a tree branch, like a barbecue, half of it's body torn off already. Beside the flames sat a young man, face deep into a large portion of the cooked cow of his. "What are you doing?! Get out of here!!", the farmer yelled, surprising Sikes as he quickly tore off one last portion of the cow, shoving it into his mouth, and ran off.

((To Be Continued))

-------------

So...what do you guy's think for the start of Sikes' Mini Story? ^^;

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Black Death on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Oblivian: I like it very much... Please write more. I cannot wait to read more of that wonderful story

And as I have promised, this is the sequel of 'A happy ending?' or if you want to say it more correctly, 'A happy ending?' is the prequel of this series. Ladies and Gentlemen, without further delay, allow me to introduce:

Warning: OOC

A brother's love series:
The first tale: Zagreus, Melinoe and the sin of a Father

Once upon a time, there was a good King who ruled a very big kingdom along side with his Queen. The King was loved by his people because of his wisdom and fairness as well as his intelligence and leadership skill. However, unbeknown by the people of the Kingdom, the King was a sinner and he had done an unforgivable action. Out of petty jealousy, the King had killed his brother - his own flesh and blood.

The King's name was... K'brak

King K'brak and Queen Freya had two beautiful children: Prince Zagreus and Princess Melinoe. From a very young age, both the prince and the princess had been taught to love and to protect each other. They were told a fairy tale each night by their beloved father - King K'brak:

"Once upon a time, there was a selfish prince who lived inside a very big castle with his brother. He fell in love with a kind and beautiful princess but unfortunately for him, his brother had the luck of marrying the girl he loved. However, even though when they were younger, his brother always sacrificed everything for him, the selfish prince couldn't, for once, sacrificed his love for his brother's happiness. He sought for an evil witch living in a dark forest for a way to marry the Princess.

The Witch gave him a cursed flower and told him to hurt his brother with it. The Prince, still as ignorant and arrogant as ever, believed and used it to take a drop of blood from his brother. After that, the Prince's brother became sicked and he died shortly afterward, leaving the selfish Prince behind but not before he forgave the Prince and asked him to become a good king."

"What happened then?" Princess Melinoe would always ask. "Well, the Prince took his brother's words to heart and tried to become a really good king in order to pay for what he had done. The Prince's brother, unable to go to Heaven because of his love for his brother, became a butterfly to live with his brother forever..." The king would answer and pat his daughter's head.

"Just like our butterfly, Daddy?" The young princess then asked and King K'brak smiled "Yeah, just like our butterfly, my beautiful princess" The King had a very beautiful butterfly. It would follow him whenever he went and the King treasured his butterfly very much, getting angry if anyone tried to harm it.

Prince Zagreus and Princess Melinoe were what parents could hope for as children. They were obedient and smart, loved and protected each other like his parents always taught them to be. Prince Zagreus was very protective of his little sister and would go to Hell and back just to see her smile. The King's family was a very happy one and the King had thought nothing could ruin their lives... until one day, tragedy struck.

It was a normal day for the kingdom - bright blue sky, sunny and warm though King K'brak kept feeling something bad would happen soon. Watching his children playing from a window in a tower, King K'brak whispered softly to the violet butterfly as it hovered nearby "It has been a long time, right, brother? They have grown up so fast..." The butterfly didn't say anything as it gently landed on King K'brak's shoulder.

"Good morning, my King... I see that you have had what you wish for... and you have grown since the last time I saw you"

A wicked voice suddenly said behind the King and he turned around immediately, sword in his hands, ready to fight the intruder "Who-? You! What are you doing here??!" Pointing his sword at the Witch of Blood in front of him, King K'brak noticed that his butterfly was flapping its wings nervously "Aww... so rude to me, my King. I'm hurt ... after all, it is not the right way to greet your creditor..."

"Creditor? I don't borrow anything from you... Get out of here before I personally make sure you disappear forever, you witch!" Ravenna just chuckled and sat on the King's throne, tapping her chin as she opened her mouth to speak, smiling deviously "I'm here to collect your debt, my King... you don't think I will give you my rose for free, do you?" Looking at the butterfly that was hiding behind the King, Ravenna smirked "Come, my Prince..." Time stopped as the butterfly slowly flied to where the Witch was sitting and land on her finger.

"Brother, what are you doing? Get back! It's dangerous!!" the King yelled, alarmed. "Guards!!!!" The Witch pursed her lips and whispered lovingly to the butterfly "Don't waste your breath, my King... no-one can hear us... I have made sure of that." the King growled but didn't speak, waiting for the evil witch to tell him why she was here "You see, my King... I'm a very lonely woman... I search everywhere to find someone who can live with me... Luckily for you, I find your children very intriguing..."

"Don't you dare...!" The King snarled and raised his sword, running at full speed, prepared to stab the evil Witch's heart. Unfortunately, the Witch just faded and disappeared behind King K'brak "Tut, tut... so angry, so impolite... not even waiting for me to finish..." the King suddenly found himself unable to move or speak anything "That should do it... well, my King, the thing is... I only need one of your children ... You have a week to decide which one will live with me... forever... if you don't..." The Witch grinned and conjured a cage out of nowhere to trap the butterfly that was still laying on her finger "Oh well, your dear brother will have to pay the price, I suppose... Hah, what will happen to his soul now if say... I kill him? Or how about crushing his wings?"

Clapping her hands together, the Witch said cheerfully "Oh well, I will come here after a week to take whoever you choose... Until then, enjoy your last week with your two children" The witch said and disappeared, leaving a horrified King behind. Oh no, his children now had to pay for what he had done... His sin had hurt his children.

That night, King K'brak decided to tell his children everything. Suddenly, he was glad that his Queen had gone back to her kingdom to visit her parents. If not, well, he didn't know what she would say in this situation. He told them that the fairy tale he often told them was not a fairy tale after all. It was real and he was the selfish Prince. He told them that the butterfly that he treasured was his own brother. "And now, the Witch is back... and she has captured your Uncle... She... she demands one of you have to go and live with her because she's lonely..." the King said hesitantly.

"What should we do, Daddy? We can't let her kill Uncle!" Little Princess Melinoe said after the shock of knowing her Father had killed his own brother passed. "I refuse to let any of you go, Melinoe... I just... I just can't... but I can't let her kill my brother, either..." the King said in despair. Suddenly, he became much older than he already was, the burden of his sin came crushing down at full force.

"Please don't worry, Father... We will surely find a way to help Uncle without having to pay the price" Zagreus said, trying to comfort his Father. With that, the whole Kingdom began to prepare to go to War with the Witch. Many weapons were bought, walls were built and the army was trained to counter the Witch. Because everyone was busy, no one noticed Princess Melinoe was acting differently, always deep in thoughts.

The day came and the Witch did come back true to her words. "So, my King... Which one of your children will you give me?" King K'brak yelled angrily "Never! I will fight you till the day I die... I will not give my children to you..." Raising the cage that contained the purple butterfly, Ravenna asked mockingly "So, you don't need this anymore? That's fine by me... I will just kill it..."

Prince Zagreus bravely commanded the Army "Attack the Witch!" He spoke loud and clear "Give us back our Uncle... I will not allow anyone to harm my family!" The Witch just chuckled and with a lazy wave of her hands, every single weapon disappeared.. The Army found themselves frozen, unable to do anything else "Ah, what an interesting son you have there, my King... very brave... remind me of you when you were younger..." Touching the Prince's chin, the Witch said "Should I take him? He will be very interesting, that's for sure..."

Before the Witch could do anything else, a young, childish voice said from behind "Leave my brother alone! I will come with you!" Princess Melinoe stepped out from the shadow, a determined glint in her beautiful eyes. "No, Melinoe, step back... Let me handle this..." Prince Zagreus shouted, clearly panicked. "Don't worry, brother... I have thought of this... I have decided to scarify myself... It's alright..." The Princess said gently and hugged his frozen brother.

"Don't, my little Princess... I don't want to lose you, too..." the King cried out. The Witch, meanwhile, just watched the drama unfold in front of her eyes. "Alright... it seems we have a volunteer... Haha, the girl will do..." Locks and chains appeared out of no where and began to wrap around the small princess. "Since you didn't do what you have promised, my King... I'm afraid you can't have your brother back just yet..."

"Witch! Give me back my Sister! I will go with you instead!" Prince Zagreus began to struggle, trying to get out of the spell "Hmm, I found you very intriguing, little Prince... certainly more interesting than your Father... well, how about a little bet?" The Prince growled and asked "What bet? What do you want?" The Witch smirked and held out six fingers "In six months, find a way to defeat me and I will give you back your sister... along with your uncle... no string attached"

"Fine, I accept! Melinoe, wait for me... I will rescue you... That's a promise of a lifetime..." Before the King could say anything, the Prince had already made up his mind. "Hope you can fulfill your promise, young Prince... Your Father seems to have a knack for betraying others... I wonder if you have that trait, too..." The Witch chuckled and began to hover on the air, on hand holding Princess Melinoe and the other one holding the cage with the butterfly "However, I'm not that cruel to leave you clueless, it will defeat all the fun in this... How about I give you a hint? Find the children of the dragon first... you shall know which way to go next then... See you all later" The Witch said and disappeared, her laughter echoed in the empty air.

Turning to face his Father, Prince Zagreus said without missing a beat. He had the children of a dragon to find "Please, Father... tell the servants to prepare the stuffs for me... I'm going to go on this mission... And I will bring back Melinoe and Uncle H'mong..." The king, still too emotional to speak properly and still in awe at his children's bravery, just nodded. He wished he could go with his son, too but he knew this was something his son had to do alone. He just hoped that fate would help his son.

To be continue...

So, what do you all think of it? Not too terrible, I hope? The next story will start when Prince Zagreus begins his search for the Dragon's children.

A brother's love series:
The second tale: Zagreus and the Children of a Dragon

Main characters: Zagreus, Sikes, Sheena
Guest stars: Ravenna, Melinoe

The Black Death
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:06 am

Hey everyone! It's 5:00 am and I can't sleep so I wrote an incredibly OOC fairy tale fan fiction for Crimson Blades! hehe. Hope you enjoy. It's slightly bad, but hey, I'm sleep deprived.

WARNING: OOC, weird pairings,irregular spacing I'm to lazy to fix, and longness! (;

The New Mage Guild: Fairy Tale Files
Entry Two:
The Raven of the Sea

Deep in the ocean, where the water is so blue the color blue doesn’t exist outside the water itself, there is a small kingdom. That kingdom is like no other, the one place where the mer-people swim freely among their streets and in their houses.

Amid the castle lives a young mermaid, dark and mysterious in her beauty. The princess is so unique, the only mermaid to be born with an inky black tail, that her father named her after one of the strange sky creatures he’d seen from the waters’ surface, many miles up. She was called Ravenna.

Ravenna was well sought after for marriage but she refused every man. And yet they still came, entranced by her beauty. With pale eyes of aqua compared to the sky, and pale skin stands she stands out to the other mer-people in a good way. Her hair follows the color of her tail, so dark it rivals the ink of the dark squid, and swirls around her waist to blend and drip onto her scales. This, added to the fact that her voice was the most intoxicating to the sea, so very so that some called her red lips poison, made her a very, very desirable wife.

Her father, the Sea King Kiev, loved his daughter with all his heart, though they didn’t get along. She was very precise and demanding, and he often snapped back at her commands despite the fact she was his child. Still they were happy and lived well, aside their love-hate relationship.

The Sea King Kiev and Princess Ravenna didn’t live in their palace alone; There was also her two elder brothers, K’brak and Suoh , all born one year apart from each other.
The men were both eligible bachelors, following their sisters tendencies to not pick a specific suitor. Or perhaps she got it from them.
K’brak had a common tale of dark sea green, though it held enchanting flecks of near black that was particularly attractive. He was well muscled and confident, with a distinct bad boy personality that had the mermaids swooning.
Suoh was a bit less, well defined. He was lazy to say the least, though that somehow extended into a right to do whatever he wanted to amuse himself. He did what he liked, when he liked, and often that was eating or, though he claims he doesn’t, sits near the hottest vents of the submarine volcanoes and breathes the steaming of the certain plants nearby. (He says he can quit, but really, this smoking is addictive.) Perhaps it’s his crimson tail that attracts attention, glimmering under his slim frame.

Anyway, they’re both ladies mermen.

Ravenna got along well enough with her brothers. She had a close bond with K’brak who was very loyal towards his younger sibling, and when Suoh wasn’t annoyed by her pushy attitude and had nothing better to do, he got along with her fine as well.

But when both her brothers turned 18 before her, Ravenna began to get jealous. When a mer-person turns 18 they are allowed to swim to the surface for a day or so, so they might glimpse the stars and land for the first time.

As each brother comes back from their journeys, Ravenna listens longingly to their stories of land and the land-walking ‘humans’. Each time they venture up she had them tell her more stories, but, as all mer-people do, they eventually get tired of the surface and prefer their water dwellings. Ravenna, with no more new tales to tide her over, begins to try to slip the rules.
Aside from trying to swim to the surface on her own, though the Sea Kings guard always catches her, she constantly pesters Kiev to let her go earlier. But he refuses.
Finally, the young mermaids turn comes, and though the upper seas seem rough with an oncoming storm, she can’t be put off any longer and insists she go at that very instant. The Sea King Kiev, finally fed up with her whining, allows her to go.
As soon as Ravenna’s pretty head breaks the choppy surface, she’s in love. The air is salty enough to taste the water, but crisp and cool and the stars are twinkling and shining like luminescent jellyfish in the depths. Ravenna ventures a bit closer to shore- and spots a ship.
Curious about humans, the young mermaid sneaks right up to the side of the fine ship, and witnesses a grand party of fun, smiles and laughter, the center revolving around a fair two-legged man, with hair of blue that reminded Ravenna of her dear ocean. She fell in love with him from a distance and sat watching him smile for the longest time- until the storm hit.
The waves turn violent in a way Ravenna isn’t used to, having lived deep enough in the ocean where the waves hardly move. She dives deep to escape the constant pushing of the once friendly water, when she sees heavier debris floating past her. Suddenly struck with the fear her prince is hurt, Ravenna ascends andrealizes in horror the ship is sinking. The fair tailed beauty surfaces in time to see the blue-haired man knocked unconscious by debris. She clutches onto him and manages to drag his limp body to shore near a temple.
Dragging herself into the shallow tide pools, Ravenna cares for the man, desperately trying to figure out how to wake him. In her haste to get him to safety, she has come too far up shore, and is hopelessly stuck in the shallow wet sand. She glances up and suddenly sees a figure farther up the beach. Unsure if he’ll find the man’s body tucked away in the tide pools as it was, Ravenna sits tall and waves for the new two-legged human’s attention. He came closer in awe, seeing fully Ravenna beauty- and her tail. She desperately tells him to care for the man, for the first time sharing her beautiful song voice in the surface air. The walking man responds he will care for the man once he cared for her, then gently lifts her form. Her carries her gently down the shore and gently places her in the water, where after a songlike thank you and a blessing, she slips back into the ocean. From farther away she hears the man eagerly calling to another.
“Melinoe! Come quick, a man has washed ashore!”
Seconds later, a female human in the strange two-legged clothes runs down the beach, dropping next to the body.
“Brother! My dear Zagreus, this is naught just a man but Prince Murmur!”
Understanding the significance of a prince, Ravenna slips back into the depths of the ocean, confident he will be cared for. And though the strange Zagreus had seen her, Murmur hadn’t laid eyes upon the mermaid.
Whence returning to her palace, Ravenna’s brothers and her father eagerly ask for her tale. When she refuses to say anything they are very confused.
“Is the surface not all you dreamed it to be?” Kiev the Sea King asked. “You much prefer it in our kingdom, no?”
The young mermaid just shook her head, and then quizzically asked about the life span of humans.
Suoh yawned in response. “Humans hardly live compared to our 300 years. And when they die, they do not even turn to sea foam, but have something called an eternal soul that lives forever.”

Now Ravenna longed more than ever to walk among the two-legged humans. She wished desperately to see the Prince and have an eternal soul!
So, one day, the Princess snuck out of the kingdom with the pretense she was fetching Suoh from the volcano vents. Instead she journeys to a small cave at the bottom of the ravine where two Sea Witches dwell.

They were called Jennifer and Mysty, twins of their potions and magic and in their sadistic disturbed ways.
Ravenna apprehensively ventured into their cave, calling out in her beautiful voice to speak to the Witches.
They encircle her, around and around, with the bottom halves of octopi, dark gray tentacles waving like dead bone as they taunt the girl. Finally they grow tired of their games, as Ravenna shows no response, learning patience for time like this from arguing with her father.
“What have you come for deary?” Jennifer asks, the more talkative of the two. Mysty looked up from under her bangs which floated about her eyes in a decidingly intimidating way.
“Perhaps to sing us a song? I hear your voice is simply delectable.” Mysty hisses, and Ravenna shivers as the two laugh.

“I’ve come for a potion!” The dark tailed mermaid declared. “I wish to walk upon land as a two-legged human, to breathe the air and see the sky- and find the prince whom I once saved and love!”
Mysty returns to her book, muttering as her and Jennifer but heads, discussing. The command Ravenna to wait and disappear into their cave.
Soon they return with a potion.
“Be warned little mermaid,” Mysty warns. “Once you become human you may never return to the sea.”
“I do not care, for all I long for is on land!” Ravenna cried.
Mysty shrugged.
“We grant you our magic,” She said, beginning to extend the potion. Ravenna eagerly reaches for it, but the Sea Witch brings it out of her grasp. “In exchange for your voice!”
Despite the price, the young mermaid agrees. Mysty passes the potion to her sister before pulling her book in front of her eyes and retreating to the corner, signaling for her sister to speak.
“Drinking this potion will make you feel as if you are being run through by your fathers great trident,” Jennifer says with a smile. “However, when you recover you will have to legs, as beautiful as any two-legged land walker.”
“Will I be able to dance and stay by my loves side?” Ravenna asks nervously.
“Oh, you may dance. But you will feel as though you are walking on a thousand shards of glass with every step. In addition, you will only gain your eternal soul and your leave of pain if you receive true loves kiss. Otherwise, on the eve of the morning after he marries another woman, you will die broken hearted and dissolve into sea foam.”
Jennifer seemed quite pleased with the terms, and though scared, Ravenna accepts and drinks the potion, passing out from the pain the feels.
When she awakes, Prince Murmur is over the girl, who is clad only in a black shift the color of her former tail. Though mute, the prince is mesmerized by his castaways’ beauty and grace. He brings her to his own land palace for care and she becomes his companion and friend. Most of all, he loves watching her lithe form dance, and loves to dance with her.
And so, Ravenna dances, though with every step she places her feet upon a thousand shards of glass.

Suddenly, after a year, the princes father King Vincent declares Murmur will be married to the Princess of the neighboring kingdom.
Murmur confides in the mermaid-now-human, his closest friend that he will not marry the Princess, because he does not love her. Ravenna is excited, though she cannot speak, though her hopes are crushed when he reveals he loves the girl from the temple, who he believes saved him on the beach that one night. Upset, Ravenna retreats to her chambers where she crys for a long while, believing she will never have true love now, will lose her eternal soul and simply melt into sea foam.

The next morning, the Princess that Murmur is to marry arrives with her brother. It is revealed that the Princess is actually the temple girl Melinoe, who had been sent to the temple to be educated under the watch of her twin brother. Her brother is the Prince Zagreus.
Upon seeing Ravenna, whom Zagreus remembers so very well as the mermaid from the shore, he nearly falls off his feet. Ravenna however, does not remember the man, so blinded by her love for Murmur.

Prince Murmur meanwhile announces he loves Melinoe, who loves him back and the wedding is announced.

The young mermaid's heart breaks. She thinks of all that she has given up and of all the pain she has suffered as she walked by the prince. She despairs, thinking of the worthless death that awaits her.

Before she retires for bed, she walks out to the ocean and sits on the shore. Her tears fall into the ocean and allow her brothers to know of her pain. She falls asleep, and when Ravenna wakes, her brothers have brought her an enchanted knife from the Sea Witches in exchange for their bachelorhood. (Which was quite a big deal to them.)

They explain if Ravenna slays Prince Murmur and lets his blood drip onto her feet, she will be a mermaid again, her suffering will end and she will live out her full life. Not sure if she will carry through with the plan or not, Ravenna thanks her dear brothers K’brak and Suoh without her words, exchanging her normal small dagger for the knife.

She stays on the beach a bit longer, laying back with the tide washing under her as she stares at the jellyfish in the sky that used to so entrance her.
That is how Zagreus finds her. He sits and talks and talks to her silent form.

“I remember you fine and clear as day m’lady. You were Princess of the sea, I can tell from your beauty. You were like nothing I ever laid eyes on, you voice sweeter than any of the bird song I have heard on my travels. And yet you give it all up for a Prince who never could fathom your true self, who you seem to have given up your lovely voice to though he intends to marry another, my sister, who he thinks saved him but did not. Though I would try to speak the truth, you and your brothers are naught but a fisherman’s tail. Yes, my dear, I saw your brothers, and I know of your plan to kill him and return to the sea. But if you do so you will also cause my sister much pain, and though I wish to see you happy, I also must keep her so. So I am conflicted.”

He talks to Ravenna about how her image has never been far from his mind, and how he refused to marry another woman, even though the mermaid was bound to be at the bottom of the ocean. And he told her of the joy he felt when he saw her, only to be met with sorrow when he saw she did not remember.

Now Ravenna does remember. She remembers how he was the man who first came down the beach, and had decided to save her prince in the first place, and had then saved her. She looks at Zagreus in a new light as he finishes his heart felt speech to her. In some sort of farewell, he leans down to the form lying in the shallow tide and kisses her.

Immediately Ravenna’s voice springs from her lips, calling songs of praise and love to her own Prince. He rejoices back as she explains the curse, broken by true loves kiss. She rises and pulls Zagreus up to dance with her, no longer feeling as though she walked on glass. She sings loud and her brothers surface again teary from the sudden break in Ravenna’s dark magic. She throws the dagger back to them, where it bursts into foam and returns their bachelorhood.

Ravenna and Zagreus joyfully hold their wedding at the same time as Prince Murmur and Melinoe, and the young mermaid sings a song of blessing over the crowd, who awe fully listen to her voice. Murmur is stunned by his friends sudden regain in voice, but is glad that she can give advice back when he confides her problems.
Ravenna and Zagreus build a palace upon a small island, with a bay where Ravennas family and friends can come visit. The Prince provides them food and welcomes them, and often goes swimming in the ocean with Ravenna.
K’brak settled down with a water nymph girl called Angel, and Suoh with a delicate mermaid called Yulianna. They both lived full mer-people length lives.
Murmur and Melinoe had a happy life together, eventually becoming King and Queen of Murmur’s kingdom. Their children often played together with Ravenna and Zagreus’s children, the parents ruled the twins original kingdom.
Kiev eventually remarried and had a full happy life.
The two evil Sea Witches, well they lives out their full lives as well, eventually getting sick of their hermit cave and joining the small colony of other octopeople.

THE END.

**Based off The Little Mermaid, if you couldn't tell (:
(Though I've never seen the Disney version... hmm, I really wanna watch it now! (I already watched Alladin, the Jungle Book, and Beauty and the Beast this week lmao)

Kay, bye, I really need to get some sleep I'm dying hahahaha ^_^

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:21 am

You are the epitome of amazingness, the queen of all that is awesome, the holiest of all holes and the greatest of all two-legged creatures.

Jen, will you marry me?

That was such an awesome fanfic! I hereby give you my eternal love. I'm so happy it ended happily. I was worried that Ravenna would turn to foam D: Would've been so sad!

"The two evil Sea Witches, well they lives out their full lives as well, eventually getting sick of their hermit cave and joining the small colony of other octopeople."

^ That was the perfect ending xD I shall write an Amaya-fanfic one day. Wait for it x3 All hail Queen Jen!!!

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 am

Yeah, I don't know what this is >.< It didn't go the way I planned for it to go and umm.. I'm sorry if it's funky >.> I don't know if I'll continue this story but eekyheeeee!!!

Raining Fire (Part 1)

Hair as red as blood,
Blood as red as rose.
Lips as red as fire,
Fire in her soul.

This is not a story of princes,
It is not a tale of joy.
It is not a story of love,
For for love we would destroy.

This is not a story of ball gowns,
There are no band of friends.
In a world of empty darkness,
Night will soon descend.

In the Kingdom of Amaranth, a vicious king rules upon his throne of glass. A young girl serves a life sentence in the unrelenting salt mines of Fiore - she is an assassin and the best of her kind. Her name is Amaya Sardothien. She is given a choice - represent the prince in a battle to the death and be free forever, should she win, or spend her days in brute servitude.

Our once upon a time, begins in oblivion.

"You're awake," called a voice. Amaya pressed herself deeper into the pillows, forcing her breathing to slow. I am now, you bastard, she thought grimly. Suddenly, her sheets were roughly pulled from her. Amaya groaned, dragging her eyes of amethyst open to meet those of emerald green. Suoh Ren, the Captain of the Guard and very unfortunately, her mentor, was very, very annoying. Why was he awake, anyway? The man was a notorious sloth.

"You will not survive another week in the state you are in," Suoh mumbled, his stomach grumbling loudly. "I'm hungry."

"Because I care for your wellbeing," Amaya said sarcastically.

"AMMMAAA!!!" yelled a lively, familiar voice. A blur of blonde shortness whizzed past Suoh to tackle Amaya in a hug. For a maid that had Amaya had been appointed, Freya was terribly informal. Suoh clicked his tongue distastefully, leaving the two women with a vague "Courtyard."

A few agonising minutes later, Freya held Amaya in place while Amaya's other handmaiden, Issabella, had her foot on Amaya's back as they forced her already slim waist into the torture instrument that was a corset. Amaya was there to fight, why was she being clothed in a corset?

"They bring out your eyes," Issabella said. Sometimes Amaya truly believed the woman had telepathic abilities, she sure acted like it. But what relation did corsets have with eyes? Amaya did not dislike her handmaidens - per say. They were rather amusing and she had to admit, Freya was quite cute. Issabella, on the other hand, well, she respected the woman for being so respectable, even though she was just a maid.

Not that being an assassin was any better, though.

"Today you shall scale walls," the Games Master, Sir Gawain Harlen said when they arrived at the palace courtyards. Gawain wiggled his eyebrows at Amaya - one of the few women of all the gifted criminal contestants - causing the red haired lady to blink her eyes in annoyance. Despite being a skilled swordsman who'd trained half of the Royal Guard, Sir Harlen was interested in women, to say the least. He seemed to pay Amaya particular interest. It was rather irritatingly unnerving.

After each of the dozen contestants selected their tool of choice, they'd begun scaling the castle walls. Most followed the supposedly strongest contestant - K'brak - in using the ropes. Amaya, however, knew better. Looping the rope around objects, taking them off and wrapping them around something else again took time. Not to mention anyone could easily cut the rope. She opted for the black tar that she used for her hands and as predicted, she was now ahead of everyone else. She did her best to not look down at the ant-sized audience that observed far below but she couldn't help herself.

She looked.

The man she was representing, Prince Browen, gave her an encouraging smile. At least, she thought it was an encouraging smile - she couldn't quite see from so far away so perhaps he was grimacing with his teeth, urging her to move. Gawain was staring at her behind, she was quite sure and Captain Suoh was eating under a tree, bored out of his redheaded mind.

There was a sawing noise.

Amaya looked to her right, where she found the large Gren sawing at Sidney's rope. She was fond of Sidney, he being the only one who wasn't going out of his way to kill her. She quickly grabbed one end of Yuliana's, the other red-haired beauty's, rope. "If you cut this rope, I will haunt you from my grave," Amaya warned, curling the rope around her wrist as she braced her feet on a balcony - then, she leaped.

Just as Sidney yelped from the sudden disappearance of the rope that had been holding him in place, Amaya grabbed his falling figure and they continued to descending. Oh no, had the girl cut the rope? Of course she had. Amaya would have herself. Then, the two figures jerked in the air, coming to a frightening stop only a meter from the ground and their possible deaths.

There was applause and the audible cursing of her mentor, Suoh, but Amaya couldn't bask in the appreciation - she now had to begin from the ground up. There was a yell and a sick thud - someone else had fallen and no one had saved them.

"They're here!"

To be continued...

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Of course I'll marry you Layla! How could I say no? *accepts eternal love*

I mean, you did write a story. With Amaya as a main character ASSASSIN!!! Epic. *faints*
I love itttttt :P

QueenJen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eyliel on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:47 am

I just had a great idea a few moments ago.

The Amaranth Trading Card Game.

I have already begun designing the basic rules, and some of the 'cards'. There are three types of cards. Character Cards, which would be members of Amaranth, Crimson Blade, or even some NPCs. There would also be Item Cards, which are used on a Character Card, causing some kind of special effect on that Character Card. And third, Event Cards, which affect every card in play somehow.

Each Character Card would have two attacks and one ability, or one attack and two abilities. Abilities would be passive skills, always in effect. They are not always beneficial. Attacks, which you may use during your turn, usually deal damage, but can sometimes cause other effects Each character also has an amount of Health that depends on the character itself. Another stat is Magic. Attacks consume an amount of Magic that depends on the attack.

You have three character cards on the table at all times -unless you've ran out of character cards to replace a defeated one with. One of the cards is the 'Active Card', which receives the opponent's attacks, and attacks itself. During your turn, you may change the Active Card in order to attack with another character, but that means that the new character will be the one receiving the opponent's attacks as well. The other two cards simply wait there to be changed into, unless they have special abilities that affect the game even when they're not Active. Note, however, that Active Cards recover one point of Magic per turn, while non-Active ones recover two.
Instead of attacking, you may also choose to use an Item Card, if you have one in your hand.
You have five cards in your hand at all times -unless you've ran out of cards to replace one with. When you use a card in your hand by replacing a defeated character with a new one, or using an Item Card -or some other way- you can pull a new card from your deck so that you will still have five cards in your hand.
Also, if you pull out an Event Card, it will be used immediately.

Cards come in the following rarities: 'Very Common', 'Common', 'Uncommon', 'Rare', 'Very Rare', 'Legendary', and 'Isn't that just a fairytale?'. Rarity is usually a rough indicator of the card's strength.

Now, some rough versions of the cards themselves! In text only, though, since I can't make such things myself.

Gawain Harlen (Basic)
500 HP (A very high amount)
20 MP (A high amount)

Azure: 40 Damage (Average damage)
Hits an opponent with the Guild Master's quarterstaff. Due to the weapon's unlimited reach, can also hit non-Active Character Cards, but for half the damage. If an enemy attacks with a Close-Range Weapon Type attack after Azure is used, the opponent deals half the damage.
-Medium-Range Weapon Type -Consumes 3 MP (Low cost)

Reinforce: Skin:
Gawain can make his skin extremely strong. Most attacks deal half the damage against Gawain. Can be bypassed with some Special Type attacks. Electric Type attacks deal no damage, but prevent Gawain from attacking the next turn.

Chivalrous, in a way: Gawain loves women. Gawain deals 75 percent less damage against female Character Cards, or 100 percent less against Ravenna. If an opponent attacks a female Character Card, Gawain will deal 50 percent more damage against that opponent for the rest of the game.

-Male Character Card -Amaranth -Very Rare

Yuliana Lumina (Basic)
120 HP (a low amount)
17 MP (An above-average amount)

Iridescent Flame:
Creates a picture in the air that fools the opponent. Flip a coin twice. If two heads, the opponent's next attack will hit normally. If one heads and one tails, it will miss. If two tails, it will hit one of the opponent's allies. Flip a coin again to determine which one.
-Special Magic Type -Consumes 5 MP (Average cost)

A feast fit for royalty:
Yuliana cooks very good food to boost her allies' morale. All Character Cards on her side recover one extra point of Magic per turn. However, if she is removed from play, her allies -barring the one that replaces her- will grow discontent, and their Magic recovery drops to one below the normal recovery rate.

Empty Slot:
This version of Yuliana does not have a second ability or attack.

-Female Character Card -Amaranth -Uncommon

That's all for now. Later, I may come up with new ones. Oh, and if you have any ideas for the rules, or have made a Card of your own character, please, do send them to me.
Oh, and there may be several versions of the same character. That's what the (Basic) after Gawain and Yuliana's names are a reference to.
"Here's da plan: win. If we lose, it's because ya didn't follow da plan."

Eyliel
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:52 pm

@Eyliel That is one of the most awesome ideas I've ever heard. I have taken the liberty of creating a card for Gawain, Yuliana and Benjamin. Though the generator couldn't fit all the text on and just add a zero to the first number on the bottom for their health. I also had an idea for a status condition.

Dazed: The holder is not able to cast ability spells.

Here's Gawain: http://magic.falseblue.com/output/38/38 ... 6f0465.png

Here's Yuliana: http://magic.falseblue.com/output/ba/ba ... 009765.png

Here's Benjamin: http://magic.falseblue.com/output/64/64 ... 3161c0.png

Benjamin Reeves (basic)
260 HP (Average amount)
12 MP (Average/little below average amount)

Ripping Touch: Due to Benjamin's uncontrollable magic, any physical contact between him and another person hurts them, dealing 5x the number of consecutive turns physical contact is made.

Materia Scalpere: Fires a blast of vibrations at the target, dealing 100 damage and dazing them until the end of their next turn. Benjamin takes 50 damage. Consumes 3 MP.

Materia Tardum: Benjamin slows down a target's molecules, causing them to move in slow motion. The target can only atack and cast ability's every other turn. Consumes 5 MP.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eyliel on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:29 am

Oh, right, there are card generators like that. Forgot about that.
Though you shouldn't use that specific one, since it is apparently meant for Magic: The Gathering cards, and this one doesn't really follow those rules.
After some searching, I also found a generator that I think is better. More customizable. You can also edit the size of the text, so that one problem won't be as great.

http://tradingcardmaker.net/

That. As long as you can find some proper images, and spend some time to customize, you can use that to make some very good cards.

Oh, and where'd you find that picture for Yuliana? That actually fits. No dark colors there. I might even take that as her actual picture.
The one you used for Gawain doesn't fit, though. Not old enough -Gawain's hair is mostly gray- and other issues.
But I really like the one you found for Yuliana.

As for Benjamin's card... Looks mostly good.
Materia Scalpere is quite powerful, but since it deals damage to Benjamin as well, it's fine. That one's good as it is.
Materia Tardum... Well, the concept is fine. However, you should specify how long the effect lasts. If it is permanent, the magic cost should be higher.
Oh, and 'abilities' are, as said, passive skills, while 'attacks' refer to all things done with a Character Card on your turn.

You should also put each attack's type there. Whether they're Weapon (unarmed attacks that do not use magic also count) or Magic Type. In the case of Weapon Types, also specify whether they are Close-Range (unarmed, daggers, clubs, most swords), Medium-Range (very large swords, polearms), or Long-Range (bows, guns). In the case of Magic Types... Whether they are Fire, Ice, Lightning, and so on. There is also Special, which refers to... well, special attacks, which cannot be put into any common category. Benjamin's attacks would probably qualify for Special.

Eyliel
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:26 am

These were only dummy cards anyways. I went with MTG because I actually play it RL. I'll do some updated versions later.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!