Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Carrick the Steady.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:07 pm

When dawn broke on the next day Carrick's massive form was the first to move. The giant pushed himself to his feet and grasped his head with his left palm as he tried to shake off the grogginess.

When his eyes regained focus he looked at the other still sleeping. His eyes passed over Herion, Lacuna, and Kurotsume. His eyes stopped on Lacuna, it was because of her that he was still alive. He bowed to her as she slept.

"Thank you."
Something he would never tell anyone who was awake. The goliath let out a sigh before picking up Lacuna's bow and heading out of the cave making his way into the forest, leaving behind his Axe to let the other know he would be back.

About two hours later he was back, everyone still asleep. He set up a spit roast over the fire that they must of had last night. He re-lit the flame and slung to rabbits onto the spit roast.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:51 pm

Feeling someone's eyes on her, Lacuna awoke, but did not move. It was the giant, and as he thanked her, she realized she could not let him know she had heard, so she didn't protest as he took her bow. When he left, Yani moved slightly closer in her sleep. Lacuna smiled, and went back to sleep.

A couple hours later she woke to the smell of cooking. Yani woke at the same time, and instinctively, the two streched in much the same way, at the same time. Lacuna gave the tigress a hug, before looking up at the giant.

Good morning. That smells good.

Yani left the cave then, to hunt for both herself and the healer.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:22 pm

Carrick smiled and bowed his head as she spoke.
"I am not much of a cook, but I figure that everyone here could use a good meal after the last couple of days."
He poked the skinned rabbit that was turning golden as he rotated it above the fire.
"I borrowed your bow."
He said quietly as he continued to slowly turn the food looking at the ground. He didn't really know what to say. These people had helped him, and he just couldn't bring himself to thank them. These were his...his friends. His companions.

It was an odd feeling to be in the company of such a strange party, but it was comforting to the solitary knight.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:14 pm

Lacuna smiled gently, sitting next to the fire. His discomfort was so obvious she tried to think how she could put him more at ease; she wasn't used to having many companions either. She decided to say nothing of the bow, since he was very welcome to use it to hunt for the group.

Food will definitely be welcome to everyone waking up. I think my companion, Yani, will bring back some more once she's eaten.

She was pleased that he had woken with a clear head, that meant he hadn't fought the healing during the battle. But, she still hadn't decided if she would stay with this group. There was the young elf. It would be satisfying to do something to put one in the eye of his father. She realized that she had just decided.

Oh well, she thought, I can always leave the group later, if someone else needs me more.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:50 pm

Carrick pokes the rabbit again as she speaks and nods. He looks back up at her with his cold eyes.
"That would be nice. I do not know if two small rabbits will feed all of us."
He dropped his head as he continued to roast the rabbit before standing and taking the top stick off and sliding the rabbits onto a small stone near the fire. He pulled off of a leg and handed it to her before sitting back down crossed legged opposite of her.
"What made you decide to help me?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Relieved that he wasn't offended by the idea that Yani would hunt more, she relaxed a bit. She thought about his question before answering, weighing in her mind the many different reasons and which he would take best.

I know Herion's father, She said this in a tone that said she had no love for Herion's father. and his father's opinion of him. So, in one sense, it was really Herion whom I was helping. But also, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was Herion's father, through the poor lad, who was responsible for the explosion of the castle. She gestured in the direction of the castle. You wouldn't happen to know anything about what was going on there, would you?

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:01 am

He dropped his head and looked at the ground. Resting his arms over his crossed knees.
"It looks like a frame job. I am very loyal to my home Ravenport. But we are currently at war with Stormgail. King Atherious of Ravenport came to the knowledge that Queen Talious of Gaven, the nation to the north of both Ravenport and Stormgail has gathered an army and intends to march it into both of the weakened states.

I went to Stormgail to inform King Mordred of the attack and suggest a truce from Ravenport when the castle went up. Of course, the warrior from Ravenport was blamed. So we left. Herion saved my life and helped me escape."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:58 am

Lacuna nodded when he finished, and stared into the fire, deep in thought.

((ooc, these are her thoughts, in case there's any in the party which might read them or be woken by the strength of them.))

Maybe it would be better if we just let this happen, then maybe the humans will learn to get along. But, in the meantime, so many others will lose their lives, others who want nothing more than to live their lives peacefully. War rapes the land. THAT IDIOT! I just know that Herion's father has something to do with this! We're as much to fault for this, we should've kept a better watch. I need to inform the clan, this might need the council. Knowing them, I'll be asked to stay with this little group anyway. There must be a message drop around here somewhere.

Lacuna stands, just as Yani comes in with a deer. Yani drops the deer next to the fire, and Lacuna looks at the giant.

Would you cook the deer for the other? I have to do something.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:21 pm

Carrick smiled. The first time he'd smiled in a few days now and nodded to her. As if to say "Of course I will" before getting to his feet and picking up the carcase.

He wandered back and put it upon the roast where the two rabbits had formerly been. Lacuna had only finished the one, so a full one still remained. Carrick was determined not to eat until Herion and Kurotsume had.

So he settled back into his place and began to skin the deer.
Last edited by Gabriel Faile on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:06 pm

Lacuna judged it best not to react to his smile with anything more than a small smile of her own, but she really wanted to rejoice, because it felt like a small victory that he would feel comfortable enough around her to smile. She simply nodded, and went on her way. Inwardly, she sent her awareness out, looking for the mark of her clan. She found it in an eagle soaring above her, and she called the eagle down. As it approached, she formed the message in her mind.

By the time the eagle landed, the message was packedged and tied, ready for the bird to carry to the elder. She stared into the eyes of the eagle, and imprinted the message there. Then, she took out a scrap of dried meat that she had on her as an energy offering. Once it had finished the snack, she threw her arm up to give it a boost on its way. Then she leaned against a nearby tree and took out the nuts and dried berries she had brought to refuel her energy.
Last edited by miyumi on Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:34 pm

He continued to spin the deer as Lacuna was outside doing whatever it was she did. He didn't much care.

Herion was the next to awake. He shot up with a smile sniffing the air.

"Food?"
The elf asked eagerly. Carrick did his best to hold back a chuckle at his enthusiasm. The giant nodded to him and pointed to the rabbit that was left.
"The deer shall be ready soon. Hopefully there will be bits left over that we can pack for lunch."
Carrick continued to roast as Herion began to dig into the golden rabbit.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Yani stayed visible, so as not to upset the group. But after Lacuna hadn't returned, she reached mentally for her partner. Finding her asleep again, Yani paced up to Carrick. She stared deep into Carrick's eyes, and then looked at the food, looked back at Carrick, and looked to the mouth of the cave and mewed pitifully. She hoped that Carrick would get the message that she needed food for the elf, and was very frustrated that there was no one who could help her communicate. She looked back at Carrick and waited.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:33 am

As Herion ate Yani wandered up to Carrick. He looked down at it as it brushed itself upon his shielded leg.
"What is it?"
He asked quietly as the thing meowed. He followed it's eyes to the mouth of the cave.
"Lacuna? Is it something to do with Lacuna? Show me."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:20 am

Yani nodded her head that it was something to do with Lacuna, and looked back at the food. She remained calm, to try to show that it wasn't serious. If only someone here could talk directly to her.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:21 am

Yani nodded her head that it was something to do with Lacuna, and looked back at the food. She remained calm, to try to show that it wasn't serious. If only someone here could talk directly to her.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:41 am

(Hope ya don't mind intrusion;)

Two bright eyes surveyed the area. The figure perched upon the tree glanced at the ones below, he stroked his mask for a moment, pondering on leaping down and getting a meal.
His courage more or less failed at the shadow of the huge figure, nevertheless, he needed to eat. And he had not done so due to the lack of creatures in this area... Why did he have to travel from Portsmouth...Why?
The awnser came to him almost at once. Because you were being hunted in there, thats why. The wolf demon twitched, he looked almost human, for he had hidden his wolf ears in his thick mass of violet-black hair, the only exception was his abnormally sharp and long nails (Claws, in fact.) And all his teeth were razor sharp.
He sighed for a moment. This was food. Food was hard to come by. Lives are also hard to live. Without further hesitation, he leapt down with a swan-like grace and drew a long, carefully crafted saber.

"Drop all your possesions..." He began to say, when he spotted the deer. "Back away. Leave the food. Do it." The wolf-demon demanded, jerking at the two with his saber.

Moonwolf
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:09 am

Carrick was on his way out of the cave with Yani when the man dropped from what appeared to be the sky.

Herion shot back as Carrick swung around grasping the handle of his massive war Axe. He separated his feet shoulder width and placed his left shoulder toward the man before the turn was even completed. The Axe ready to strike.

When the reference to the food came from his mouth Carrick noticed the man looked malnurited. Perhaps scurvy. Kurotsume had still not risen and Carrick was not about to let her food get away, but he needed to find Lacuna. What a predicament.

This man shouldn't take to long. I better deal with him first.

"No."
Carrick replied in a heavy Scottish voice.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 am

Yani frets as Carrick is about to start fighting the man. She grabs the cooked deer in her mouth and vanishes, turning the deer invisible with her. She runs to Lacuna, tapping into water speed to get there quickly, and plops the deer down in front of her. Lacuna wakes to the smell, and Yani leaves her to go bring down another deer.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rynalys560 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:03 am

Ryn had been locked out of the school the entire night. She had been ignorant and didn't enter before sunset so she got locked out. The night had been a cold one and she had hudled within her robes to keep warm. The next morning she awoke to the sweet aroma of a cooking fire. Ryn got to her feet, straightened out her robes and tried to make her curly hair look half way decent, and then she walked off into the direction of the cooking, as her stomach rumbled with anticipation of a meal.When she arrived at the mouth of the cave, to her amazment and shock the deer was gone and there stood a scrawny looking man and a giant of a man that looked to be locked in some sort of battle.

" I hoped there would be food and I see two people fighting like uncivilized pigs. I did hope someone would share with me since I have been locked out of my school in this cold weather all night with nothing to eat." Ryn said, taking on a dignified tone, to make her seem as if she was better than the two men that were in dispute. Even with the air of authority Ryn did look a little funny in her disheveld robes and wild firey hair, it made her look as if she was a talking fox.

Rynalys560
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:39 am

"Then, pardon me." The wolf demon bowed, and backflipped in an apparent stance to strike at the other. His tone was that of a chinese nobleman, unfarmilair, yet refined.
Reaching into his belt, he pulled out a short sword, a bad weapon for a fight against one like that. But, this person's skill was still unknown and not be to be taken lightly.
"If you please." He questioned, "Your `lil pet is escapin and I have no intention of fighting anymore." Then he dashed off, leaping into the trees and vanishing.

Moonwolf
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!