Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Keep Friends Close and Enemies Closer

Keep Friends Close and Enemies Closer

a part of “Keep Friends Close and Enemies Closer”, a fictional universe by Redred33mer.

In this future-set RP, experience a world of unrivaled adversity. One mistake could mean certain demise when you're under the nose of your enemy.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Keep Friends Close and Enemies Closer”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Keep Friends Close and Enemies Closer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Hey guys,

I haven't looked much at the OOC, but I do check activity posting and character requests every day; I haven't been MIA. I know that's not so good on my part, that I don't look at the OOC much, but I've been thinking about using Anthony to further the story along because we haven't heard much from Cookie. Also, warhammer hasn't responded in even longer, and honestly, as time moves along, his character is becoming less and less significant because of his one/two liners. Any thoughts?

-Redred33mer
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CookieRaiderEng on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm

I apologize For not Posting recently.
If You Dwell on the Past You won't Be Able to Embrace Your Future.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CookieRaiderEng
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:33 pm

It's alright, it's just that it's been a week or more and we haven't heard much from you. But the problem is still Warhammer whose been... I have no idea.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby warhammerhawk409 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Being lazy that's my problem.

warhammerhawk409
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:54 am

Well, if you're not interested in contributing very meaningfully, as it takes a long time for the story to move along the way RPG is constructed, you could just say that. It's not that I want to get rid of you or anything, I'd just like... more.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby warhammerhawk409 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 am

Who said i wasn't interested and I'll give more I'm just not posting because my character is out of the loop right now.

warhammerhawk409
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 pm

No one said you were. Your character currently is being bothered by a fork lift driver, and I do have plans for Alex. He just needs to act so his story can progress. Your character is surrounded by people, just because he's not with our main characters doesn't mean he's worth nothing. There are plenty of people on the ship.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CookieRaiderEng on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Awwww I'm a little Jealous that a drunk sniper gets to Parade around the ship herp derping on Forklift Drivers and running into walls :P :D I'm only teasing everyone

CookieRaiderEng
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:15 pm

At first I thought the game was going to kick off and move a little faster there for a moment, I'll just be waiting her for the time being.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 am

And now we wait for Amarkov...

So heads up, people,

I only look to exercise my right for using your character along if you do not post within a week of the last post. After that, I will use that right I have reserved in the rules, and life will go on.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amarkov on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:53 pm

hiatus-will-send-this-link-out-individually-partners-t80709.html

thread about hiatus. Pm with questions, thank you.

Amarkov
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:00 pm

It's alright, we'll manage. I can assume control over your character as we forge ahead, and when you're ready or if you want, you can take control of Aleksey again. I'll try my best not to go out of your vision in her portrayal, assuming you won't be able to form posts on here (so correct me if I'm wrong)

-Redred33mer

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:23 pm

Alright, so here's where things stand.

I'm not particularly impressed with the lack of activity here. I would like all constituents of this RP (with the exception of Amarkov) to reply to at least the OOC within the next two days before I use their character to move on with the story (including Warhammer who has refused to post after I prompted him to). Let's try to not let this die, I put many hours into this and it'd be a shame to see it all go to waste.

-Redred33mer

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 pm

I am present and I have been keeping my eyes on the Rp since I last posted.

Not sure if the problem rest with those that did not return to post or if something occurred that was beyond their control.
*Edit*
I must add that it really hurts me somewhere when I see that it is my post that is last on the board.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:13 am

Well, I'd post, but I would like to keep cookieraider and Warhawk in the loop. We need Cookie to proceed with the simulation, and if warhawk doesn't want to progress with his own part of the story then there's nothing I can do for him. However, if I don't hear from either of them by 9PM EST I will use their characters to progress.

-Redred33mer

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Using their characters can only get us so far though.
If we want this game to continue without serious delay then an add in the players needed section might be in order. Its just that they haven't expressed a real interest in this game for a while and what is happening will surely becoming a severe detriment to you and I.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Perhaps, but how would we carry on if we removed/replaced them? This one particular team has been established already. A predicament...

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 pm

I really don't know what to say for that to work.

Messaging them could work, though I doubt it would work after so long and I am not even sure at this point how long they have been away from the site.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Perhaps a revamping is in order...

I think that's what I might try. I'll recreate more or less the same setting, but to make things more flexible, we start the RP let's say... five days into the invasion. Numbers would be sketchy and it would allow for a bit more creativity. The worst may come to happen that it's you and I enjoying the setting ourselves.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:37 pm

A good point exactly, I do like that idea.

Maybe it was the whole Simulation thing that threw them all off, I was ready and willing to go through the whole thing. But I guess it was the fact that they thought it might take a long time before actual combat began to start.

It is this fact that I hate about many of the more junior players of the sight. Either they don't have experience to know that a long story builds more character with the Rp or their just to impatient to began with.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!