Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Riders' Ascension

The Riders' Ascension

a part of “The Riders' Ascension”, a fictional universe by XxNightxX.

In a world where the once magnificent dragons no longer exist, and are all but forgotten in the minds of the people, a group of malicious assassins who call themselves the Foresworn have made it their mission to keep it that way.....

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Riders' Ascension”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Riders' Ascension

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Boomstick on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:09 pm

Yea, accepted. Now, at least, there won't just be one lonely assassin.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Boomstick
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Hey, quick question... Is it possible to be a dragon rider...working for the forsworn?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Flarezone
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxSkyheartxX on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

@ FlareZone: No, since the Assasians/ Forsworn take the hides, claws teeth ect from a dragon it would be very much unlikely for their to be a dragon rider working for them.
I'm rather new here..So if you have any tips let me know!

XxSkyheartxX
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paintpoint on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm

When will we be starting? If you don't mind my asking.

Paintpoint
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TornZero on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:22 pm

It'll be when Night makes the first post.

Well, what should've been the first post.
Remember: If you use an A in "definitely", you're definitely an A-hole.

TornZero
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paintpoint on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Made my dragon character and submitted it, however my computer went haywire and I wasnt sure if it went through or not? :/

Paintpoint
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TornZero on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

All I see on your profile is your dragon rider; if you mean that, then it went through. If it's the dragon specifically, then you'll have to submit it again.

TornZero
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paintpoint on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Okay, well I made sure to save what I had written down, I just didnt want to spam the character submission if it had gone through. Thanks much!

Paintpoint
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxNightxX on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Wooo!!! The first post is up! You may all start RPing now. :D I hope the first post is okay for everyone and explains everything enough. We'll develop the world as we go, but thats the basis of it for now. Sorry it took so long, I seem to have gotten a bit carried away XD ....yeah, just a bit. :p Hope you like it. ^^

XxNightxX
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElMystery on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Dear Gms, since I have an animal companion (Hark) that's not a dragon, but still in the roleplay, can I make him a character?
The Unknown Darkness

ElMystery
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxSkyheartxX on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 pm

It's fine as long as you don't mention him too much. Cause otherwise it can get annoying. But that's fine considering Seth is an Assassin and doesn't have a dragon. So yes, it is acceptable.

XxSkyheartxX
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Boomstick on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Question: Do the Foresworn have a method of knowing when an Egg has been hatched? Or are they just constantly searching?

EDIT: For instance, the dragons could know when other dragons have been hatched which would be a way to allow the dragon riders to at least know of each other. Knowing this the Foresworn could have a dragon they have broken, by means of torture, and use it to tell them when new dragons have hatched.

Just spit balling ideas, but knowing this will allow me to make my first post.

Boomstick
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNoNerd on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:01 pm

I would like to let you know that I read the intro and the rules. I followed instructions. There was no indication that we were supposed to wait before we posted and nothing was mentioned about how we would start. This roleplay isn't going to last long if you keep pulling random rules out of your ass. I've been doing this for a long time. RoleplayGateway is NOT the only roleplay forum on the web. If you don't want me here, suit yourself. I can find another roleplay easily. I'm just saying that roleplay is supposed to be creative and unrestricted. This is not. This is pretty much 'do whatever the hell the GM tells you to do'. And if you keep kicking off your members for ridiculous reasons like you did me, you won't grow very much. Good luck to you anyway. It seems to me like you're going to need it.
NaNoNerd

NaNoNerd
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TornZero on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Now you're just being an ass. No one would want you in their RP if they know how you act when the GM makes a very simple, reasonable request in the OOC.

1) If you read the OOC before you posted, you'd have seen Night's post that she'd be getting hers in first. She's the GM; you should have been able to respect that and refrain from making your post.

2) A starting point is a good thing. It keeps inconsistencies from happening right off the bat.

3) I see your character on the list still. I'm pretty sure you haven't been thrown out. It was a simple matter of taking care of your premature post.

I hope that deals with whatever your problem is.

TornZero
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxSkyheartxX on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 am

Good First post's guys. ^^ Nice job with the egg hatching and explaining your character ect. :D
Now for round 2 :) For the second post it probably should be getting to know your dragon a bit more and then we can focus on getting some people in a small group to travel together in. If anyone has any questions, concerns, comments don't be afraid to PM me or Night or just post it on the OOC

XxSkyheartxX
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElMystery on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Nanonerd, you litterly made me facepalm•table flip + lose intrest in humanity. You should know that GMS always post first.

ElMystery
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxNightxX on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 pm

@NaNoNerd: -- I just want to say that I was pretty nice about it NaNoNerd, and I did specify early on in the OOC that I would begin the starting post once i had the chance. Sorry it took so long, I was kind of busy in RL. I got to it as fast as I could. I just want you to know that I did not make up rules as I went, I'm not that kind of person. And I was perfectly clear about how we would start. And I've been roleplaying for a while too, years in fact. Just because I am new to this site does not mean I cannot learn it fast and to the best of my ability. And I like to think I am allowing plenty of creativity, but I would like the creativity to stay within the confines of my rules and original basis plot, please. --

@TornZero: thanks TornZero, that was exactly my point. I did post in the OOC beforehand and it was inconsistencies I was trying to prevent.

@ElMystery: lol, Mystery XD

@everyone: awesome first few posts everyone, I love the posting already and I'm super excited for how the rest of this RP is going to play out. ^^ You guys are awesome! :D

XxNightxX
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DyLAn:D on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:25 pm

hey yall i cant post today but hopefully i will tom. I got family business to take care of
sorry but i will make sure i post tom
What happen's when i have gum in class :D

DyLAn:D
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxNightxX on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Thats fine, no worries Dylan. ^^ I understand. Thanks for letting us know. Hope everything's okay!

XxNightxX
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paintpoint on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:45 am

Hey y'all, I won't be on the rest of the day and half of tomorrow. It's my birthday and my husband is taking me hunting for the first time and I won't have Internet service. See you all Saturday night!

Paintpoint
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!