Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Them

Them

a part of “Them”, a fictional universe by Rage&Pride.

They're among us...and they're watching. Now the government has some of them. What will they find out? Will they be able to escape

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Them”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Them

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:42 pm

This is where you may:

Reserve Characters

Ask Questions

Chat

Stay Connected

I do hope you would join us.
If you have any questions, just ask. I love answering questions. Need help with anything? Just le'me know.
Rage & Pride
> [S] Cascade.
"This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols."
- Homestuck

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Them

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:24 pm

OK, I'm interested, as this is interesting. Although, I would have loved to have seen CSM somewhere in the lineup. I do find the fact that rule 15. starts out, "Last but not least..." and then there's a 16. But that's getting off topic. I see a lot of spaces still open and do want to say I'm not prepared to commit to saying I WILL join this, yet. But I am watching and if I get the right mindset for a character, I'll certainly be shooting you either a reservation or a character sheet. Probably a sheet, I don't know if you like someone doing that, but I rarely say that I'll be in something or that I want a character until I'm sure because I've already flushed out who they are.

Oh, and one question, so you are saying we can choose one of the people already on the list and change the visual portrayal of them as long as we can get two gifs of them, one without words and one with, right?
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Haha I didn't even noticed that about the rules thing haha, I'll have to fix that. And okay, sounds like a plan. And Yeah, I'm fine with people just sending in a character without an reservation. But, okay, sounds like a hell of a plan! ^-^

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Onica-Louis on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:37 pm

May I reserve head scientist?

Onica-Louis
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Sure, She's reserved for now. ^-^

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Onica-Louis on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:41 am

When reserving a character, (1st part of password is a dancing GIF) reservations last 48 hours, that's two days. I'd like your character to be in sooner though because the sooner it's in the sooner we came begin.

2nd part of reserve password is a GIF of someone talking with the words on the picture please (they can be saying anything)

I don't fully understand this, will you please explain?

Onica-Louis
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:50 am

The first part of the password is a GIF of someone dancing. Something like this...
Because it has someone dancing.

Then the second part would look like this
because it has someone talking and the words they are saying underneath it.

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:17 pm

I too had a question. I'm currently, as I said in PM, looking into the possibility of the Them 2nd in command as well, the right hand. Is there anything we should know about the history of Them that will lend to character creation or should we as the writers of the characters be making up that part of the story? I'm just thinking, so as to not overstep or misstep in things like character history, I should know the boundaries.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Well, they are obviously aliens so they came from another planet over a million years ago and stayed hidden until the attacks began to be reported and the government got ahold of a small group of Them. Anything else, other than that, is completely up to you. Like if they're just disguising themselves as humans, it's up to you. And how they lived their life is up to you. I would say as they're on earth though, they don't make themselves known.

Hope that helped ^-^

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:45 pm

That did help a lot, actually. Thank you.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 pm

You're welcome. I'm about to submit a thing that has some questions that were asked about Them that should help even further to understand the creatures that are Them.

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Questions & Answers About Them

Q: Are 'they' human?
A: No. They are not human.

Q: Can 'they' feel emotions?
A: Yes They can feel emotions.

Q: Who are 'they'? What are 'they'?
A: They are aliens that have come to earth over a million years ago and over time has learned to blend in until the attacks started happening and being reported.

Q: Could their personalities be like ours? Or do they have no personalities but do copy that of humans?
A: They have a half of personalities, but can copy the rest from humans after observing them.

Q: Can they copy the appearance of humans or is that their own appearance?
A: Yes, they can copy the appearance of humans, or they can create their own appearance.

Q: Do they have any supernatural powers?
A: They can see in the dark, enter peoples minds, they can make things move with their minds, they have very high brain waves, they are very smart.

Q: Their diets consist of human flesh?
A: Not necessarily. They're more like vegetarians, but when they do eat meat, it's usually not cooked meat, so they would just go after what seems more...satisfying.

Q: Can 'they' make themselves any age they want?
A: No, they age just like we do except it takes them longer to look their age. So to them, 20 years old might look like...5-10 years old to them. But they get to pick how they look, so they can choose to look older when there younger or younger when they're older.

Q: Can 'they' die?
A: Yes, they can die just like any other person, but because of their age being prolonged, it may take longer for them die of natural causes. But anything that can kill us has to be ten times harder to kill them. So a stab in the heart for us would be multiple stabs for them. Or poison for us would have to be 10 times more lethal for it to kill them.

Q: Why are 'they' here?
A: They are here on earth for the same reason any alien is here on earth. Their planet was dying. It had been robbed of all it's resources because of the people. Their planet was much like ours, a second earth if you will, but it was more advanced then ours is. They came here because their earth died and they needed a new home. And earth fit the bill.

Q: Where have 'they' all lived?
A: They have first lived on another planet like earth, but after coming to earth they lived in a disclosed village deep in the woods of Alaska and many other woods throughout the US (though, the ones in the RP are from Alaskan Woods)

Q: Were 'they' in normal school or work?
A: They had their own schools and such because they were so advanced in intelligent. They worked among themselves and grew their own food, they didn't really use money too often.

Q: Have 'they' all been captured/taken in for questioning?
A: Yes, the Government wants to know if (1) They are aliens, (2) where they came from, (3) If they had been the ones to kill numerous people in the woods by ripping them to shreds (4) If so, why they did it.

Q: Where will 'they' be staying in the government facility? Is it in separate holdings in a communal jail or in a communal holding in one jail?
A: It will be a communal like jail where they are in a large simulation room that is designed to look like their home in the woods, though sometimes the government would turn the simulation off before they enter and it would be revealed to be a rather large all white room with white rooms that would've been their houses in thee simulation.

(More May Be Added)(If you ask, I will elaborate upon some select questions)
Last edited by Rage&Pride on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Onica-Louis wrote:Dislikes:
Rude people, Alcohol, Dark Chocolate, Pitch Dark, Smoking
Fears:
Being Killed, Slowly Dying In Pain, The Government's Secretly Bad

Onica, I have the strangest feeling your character won't be getting along with mine. Now, I-I-I-I-I... I don't know where this feeling comes from, but it's a strong one. *nods head*

But in all seriousness, good job on the character, I look forward to working with you.
Last edited by WaltJRimmer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Walt, it wont allow me to look at Jack's profile.

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Hmm? That's odd. That's never happened before. Let me see if I can find anything.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Page not available? I've never had this happen before. I tried editing and resubmitting, but it didn't work. I'm going to abandon him and see if I can get him back. If not, I'm going to try resubmitting him as a new character.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Okay. Sounds like a plan. Hope it works.

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:15 pm

I... I don't know what's going on. Neither of them work. I don't know what to do. Maybe this is fate's way of telling me I don't have a big enough chin to portray Bruce Campbell.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Hahaha maybe or the internet is fighting back.

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:37 pm

I guess. But both Jack Styles and "Daring" Jack Styles lead me to a page redirect by my home page.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!