Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

We are Different

We are Different

a part of “We are Different”, a fictional universe by Shané.

Re-Make- All characters taken

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “We are Different”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: We are Different

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 am

i posted...
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:14 am

True :) And thanks Stealth....

Just don't want to let this die. So just needing to know. If people are currently busy- just let me know :) I understand.
Shané

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:52 am

I just wanted to say that I'm here. I have been busy with college, but I can probably post today or tomorrow.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:23 pm

I'll be posting soon-ish
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby McPainty on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:02 pm

I'm sorry you guys! :O I would have beenon and posting but I ended up needing to get ANOTHER computer. The other one we got didn't like over half the programs we tried to run, including RPG, so I haven't been able to get on. :/ I'll post now though!

EDIT

I guess I don't need to post yet. o-o
ImageImage

McPainty
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:12 am

we'll do our idea as soon as it's possible k painty?

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby McPainty on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:09 am

Sure Stealth! ^_^ I have to wait for Ivan though since Matthaus is speaking to his roommates about the room. But once he does we can do it? That okay?

McPainty
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 am

sounds good to me Painty! Looking forward to it

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Sorry I disappeared, I was thinking long and hard about what sort of exercise each group will have and here is what I came up with.

Group 1- Trap maze. Pretty straight forward, there are things that could hurt and potentially kill them around every wrong turn.

Group 2- Sensory overload. Each one of these teammates seems to have some sort of sensory thing so it will be a sort of dangerous guessing game to determined what kind of food/object is poisonous/dangerous, what isn't.

Group 3- I realized two of the three are heat conductors, or can at least sense heat. What better test then to try and get out of a room that's on fire?

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby McPainty on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Hm, those are very interesting ideas Chesire. I like where they are going, however, for group three, what would Ivan do? Would he be included in the heat room too, even though he doesn't really have any heat type of ability? Or would it just be Matthaus and Hector?

I'll have to be honest though, for group one, I totally pictured the maze runner. I'm not saying you took it from that at all, I just was all "Cool! Like the Maze Runner!" But anyway, that sounds like a lot of fun. But I think that idea would work for all of the mutants at once too. Like, perhaps after their done with their group/onexone testing, they are all put into a maze type of puzzle and have to try and get out together, using each of their abilities to do so? Like each obstacle has something to do with one person or a group of people's powers and they have to solve the puzzles or suffer injuries?

And the group 2 idea sounds great. I actually pictured something similar. It would be a great but also intriguing test too so I think, personally, that would work great. :)

I had an idea for Matthaus, Hector, and Ivan's test though. Since they all have bodily abilities (Electricity conducted through the body, flexibility and stretch, genetic copies) perhaps they could be put through a series of physical tests to see who responds the best or the worse. It can be anywhere from running, dodging obstacles, perhaps fighting each other, or each solving puzzles involving physical movement and gestures. The heat idea could be a part of it too.

Brainstorming again. ^_^" Any of those sound good?

EDIT

Oh, also, did you guys want to the group test right away? Like the Group 1, 2 and test? I'm just wondering because I know a few people had plans to do one on one trains with others and I'm just curious as to know what order the tests are in. I don't mind having the 1x1's after the group tests, but I just wanted to see if everyone was up for that too?

McPainty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:14 am

I'm game for pretty much any of the schemes we're all coming up with. And I really like the first two ideas Cheshire had.

I don't mind the timing of things, you guys decide.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:11 am

I'm just curious as to why their training with their housing groups, if we're getting rid of the training groups that's fine I was just a bit confused.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby McPainty on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:31 pm

I totally forgot the training groups, thanks for reminding me Jimmy! That's right, they're suppose to train in seperate groups...

Well, did you guys want to continue with the idea of the training and housing groups or did you all want to simply do housing and training groups are together? I don't care either way but if you guys wanted to o back and do the training groups I wouldn't mind doing that.

McPainty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:26 pm

I'm not overly bothered- but the training groups did provide further mixing of different characters which may be nice. So if I'm forced to choose, I'd want training groups, but other than that I'm happy to go majority.

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby McPainty on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with Shane, actually. I totally forgot about the training groups, but now that I remember, I would like to have the groups as well for the same reasons as Shane explained. Just so we remember who was in what training groups and we don't have to flip pages all the time.

Training groups:

group 1
Azuma
Iziah
Isaac
Juniper

group 2
Ember
Jackson
Hector
Brent

group 3
Mattheus
Reyna
Druggie
Ivan

Housing Groups

group 1
Azuma
Ember
Reyna
Brent

group 2
Hector
Ivan
Isaac
Mattheus

group 3
Jackson
Iziah
Druggie
Juniper

And of course, after they do other trainings, we can always do individual training or training with other eople It doesn't always have to be with the training or housing groups

McPainty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:04 pm

:)

Chesire- is it ok if you edit your post to re-arrange the training into the training groups?? I'm sure no one would mind if you chose what groups do which experiment.

Shané
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:03 pm

@Mcpainty, I've never actually read the Maze Runner. I've never read Harry Potter either. If I remember correctly the final groups in Shane's post were as follows:

Group one- Wraith, Esper, Reyna and Brent

Group two- Juniper, Druggie and Izaa

Group three- Hector, Matthaus and Ivan.

@Shane, I don't mind editing anything, honestly I was having a lot of trouble coming up for something with Group 3. Total brain fart. There really wouldn't be that much to edit because all I did was announce the rooms they would be in. Unless you're saying that they wouldn't be doing the group exercise now and instead are simply mingling?

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:26 pm

The final groups I mentioned in my post were the housing groups :) For the different team exercises we were thinking of using the training groups (which McPainty put up).

And we are most certainly doing the training programs you created- but just with the training groups instead of the home groups :)

Shané
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby McPainty on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:12 pm

I haven't seen either of them as well, Chesire. I just watch a lot of commercials. And everyone I know has watched them so they tell me everything.

But anyway, I'm not sure if I said his clearly in my last post, I was really tired and I was kinda jumbled, but would be alright if the Maze exercise was an experiment that everyone did together?

I really like that idea of the whole death maze and trying to escape, but I think it would be really cool if everyone was involved in that activity. It's not really a power or a group of power specific exercise since the scientists could pretty much just add anything they want, so why not have one big test, for all of them? If everyone else is interested of course.

I don't know, I kinda feel like the maze thing is just a pretty big thing, especially compared to the ideas we all have been giving with the other groups. I mean, I just want to make sure that no one feels left out of something big and action packed like that and be stuck in a room and having to no touch lava or something. Yeah, that's pretty cool and all, but again, compared to a giant maze that could spout lava, spiders, and have all sorts of traps and puzzles, it might seem a little insignificant and I don't want anyone to feel like their tests are stupid and not have fun with them because another group has something bigger going on.

I think having it as one big test, for everyone, would kinda solve that problem and we'd all get to do it plus another couple of smaller tests. Perhaps do the big one at the end or something?

I probably sound like a broken record already but I just feel like someone is going to feel left out in some way, even if it is small, and I'm that person that wants to make sure that everyone feels like their part in the rp is important, you know?

Plus, it's another excuse to get all the characters together at once and still have it be realistic, right? It's not like they'd have too much time to talk and plot escape while they are running from the walls closing in on them or anything like that.

So, what do you guys think?

Also, I'm sure we all can brainstorm together on a test for Group 3. It doesn't have to be just you deciding or anything. I'm sure we all can figure something out for them to do. :)

McPainty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Hey :) I like the idea of us all doing the maze together. But at the moment I'm just craving some more posts :)

So once we come up with a third test for one of the groups, Chesire can decide which group does which test (since most of them were her ideas) and we do that before the big group test.

Shané
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!