Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Vigil Against the Shadows

a part of “A Vigil Against the Shadows”, a fictional universe by SRincarnate.

You were once ordinary, blind like the rest of them, but now you see. You see the monsters that take refuge in the shadows, preying on the helpless. You must take up the vigil and take the fight to them

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Vigil Against the Shadows”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Vigil Against the Shadows"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: A Vigil Against the Shadows

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOneAndOnlyRat on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:50 pm

I would like to sign up. I shall work on submitting a charrie now.

Edit: I do have a few questions though. Can you explain a bit more about what a Slasher is? I know it's a dumb question but I kind of wanted to know. And could I maybe get a bit of help understanding what is going on in Bedford?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheOneAndOnlyRat
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Welcome Rat, glad to have another rper join us. And to answer your question Slashers are basically people who have been so warped by the creatures of the darkness that they become monsters in their own right. They develop superhuman abilities and madness from the world, consumed by their depravity and inhumanity. They develop into either Rippers or Scourges, depending on how far they have gone off their rocker, and gain abilities to fit what they have become. Avengers for example gain more proficiency against what they are after (i.e. Jacob Allers, veteran of the Long Night Compact, goes through hell itself and loses his mind from some traumatic event. He dedicates his cause against mages, wanting every mage, witch, and warlock dead for what they have done. This starts to worsen, Jacob focusing solely on eradicating mages even as members of his own Compact are getting slaughtered by vampires. Avengers stop at nothing to end the target of their hate, disregarding almost everything else that doesn't involve their mission. Legends, usually an evolution from an Avenger, are killers who have become legends to the people that fear them. Unfortunately due to the Legend's damage mind they adopt the legend as how they act. They lose all identity of who they were and become the legend, becoming the figure of terror. Legends act in a very specific manner unable to deviate from their story, like killing targets with a bullet to the head and nothing else or making every kill look like an accident, etc. This rigidity in their behavior makes them weak against any who act outside of the Legend's story, like being unable to run from any fight, letting an opponent always have the first strike, or being unable to enter a home without being invited.) And for your second question, nobody outside of Bedford knows what happened, all they know is people have disappeared while power and coverage have gone out for thirty miles for some strange reason. Characters will either be investigating (or fighting for survival) in Bedford, the rp taking place four days after the disappearances.

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Morgan is done :) Hope you like him
~ The North Remembers ~

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 pm

I like Morgan. Quite a good character, though with the current group there is gonna be quite a bit of butting heads. A cop, a traveling preacher, and the leader of a gang is quite the ragtag group of hunters. This will be fun

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 am

Need any monster characters or are they going to be npc?

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 am

Lol, that's cause butting heads is fun XD Not to mention Morgan is quite the loner, even for being a gang leader. He doesn't like working with others :P

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:37 am

I'm sorry MilkHoney, there are no pcs for anything other than human, if you'd still like to sign up we'd be glad to take you on. And I get a feeling Morgan and Eric are going to be the best of friends XD

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 am

Lol. A cop and a Hacker...yep, totally best mates. I can see them naming their children after each other.

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey I'll make a character soon if that's ok? It'll be up in an hour or two.

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Of course macheteshark. Welcome to the rp

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aodhstormeyes on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:02 am

Submitted my character, hope you like it. Let me know if the weapons are too much, though to me it seems plausible that an Engineer/Inventor turned hunter would think of something like those.
Warning: Realistic, evil Storyteller/GM/DM

Things you wouldn't hear on a TV Chef Program:
"These Korean meatballs really are the dog's bullocks."

aodhstormeyes
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:02 am

Welcome aodhstormeyes. Glad to see a VALKYRIE member join the rp. One last person who is submitting a character and we should be able to kick off this rp.

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 am

I finished my character! I apologise that I took so long to make it, but it's all gooood

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 am

It's all good shark. Glad to see a second Bedford survivor. Introduction post will be put up soon, stay tuned in.

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aodhstormeyes on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 am

Awesome. And apparently the latest answer to the question "Do you sleep?" is: No.

aodhstormeyes
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:41 am

And the introduction is posted. Sorry for the delay, passed out on my keyboard. Fun times staying up till the wee hours of the morning and falling asleep face on the keyboard.

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aodhstormeyes on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Posted... not the best start for me, but I want to see what everyone else posts as well.

aodhstormeyes
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:18 am

Well, I posted as well. Not all that bad considering I had to think up a way to get Morgan to Bedford...after I had realized he had no reason to be there...being the Gang leader in another city...who had no idea what being a Hunter even means...I guess I really didn't think that through when creating him. And nonsense, I thought your post was good, ...um...I'm gonna call you Eyes. Oh, and btw, hopefully, the admin I PM'd will be changing my screen name soon. I will not be TwiliXDragon anymore, but CNAGamer. It fits me much better.

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aodhstormeyes on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:47 am

You can just call me Aodh. This username is a combination of a given name and a title-surname I came up with back when I was writing my own crap constantly.

Aodh - A form of the ancient Irish name "Aed", which means "fire" (roughly... something like that). It was because the character was notorious for casting a lot of fire-based spell.
Stormeyes - His eyes had these wonderful little hazel flecks in them, where they were otherwise sky blue. It looked like lightning, the way I thought others would see it at first. The name stuck in my head and went on to be one of my most used titles for characters throughout my gaming and writing lifestyle.

What's funny is when the name fits your Skyrim character, because he spams a dual-casted incinerate spell and completes the Civil war on the side of the Rebellion... He was my first Skyrim character too and I had no idea of what to expect.

... afterwards, I switched my combat tactics to spamming invisibility and a daedric dagger.

BUT I digress. You did well considering your own difficulty. I just figured with SRincarnate's opening post I had no business being in Bedford already unless I was told otherwise. Now that the two of us have posted as well, I can completely see our characters meeting... with my character using his giant "flashlight". The grenades were mainly inspired by Blade II's UV grenade... and by my own desire to set traps for vampires when I ran a game with a vampire who liked to run and hide a lot, but had a reckless streak a mile long.

You NEVER insult an Archdemon of Pride. Especially in the first session of the chronicle.

aodhstormeyes
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!