Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Why, t'is a new member!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Why, t'is a new member!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loren on Mon May 02, 2016 6:06 pm

Bonjour! (I'm not actually French.) I'm a newbie! (I'm not actually a newbie.)
Well, not a newbie to roleplaying, anyway. I've been doin' the thing for a couple of years now in a bunch of different sites, so I suppose I'm reasonably experienced, and I'm generally a detailed roleplayer with a love for unorthodox takes on the traditional writing tropes, black comedy, and mucking around with history and mythology . When I mean detailed, I mean that I generally write quite a few paragraphs in my posts, with a recent alarming tendency to reach the +14 paragraphs per post. (Hopefully this won't stick, it's quite worrying.)

What more there is to say? I'm European, so I hang around in the GMT time zones. I've wasted an obscene amount of hours of my life on TV Tropes. I have a penchant for having pragmatic villains and generally morally grey characters. I like footnotes, and Terry Pratchett (I liked him a lot), and George R.R. Martin, and Tolkien. I'm vaguely sarcastic. I'm all about fantasy roleplays, be them "high" fantasy, urban fantasy, or historical (!) fantasy. While I have less propensity to join science fiction ones, I've also done stuff in that area - I'm all over the place in terms of genres, really. Except (usually) for high school roleplays and romance-y ones.

Oh, and apparently I also may be slightly distracteable when it comes to clicking the right button when posting. XD So if anyone saw my empty intro post beforehand, it, uh, might have been because of that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loren
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Why, t'is a new member!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Mon May 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Hey there Loren. It seems like we have a lot in common. I guess great minds really do think alike!

Anyway, welcome to the site. As you may have noticed, my bright green name indicates that I'm part of the moderator staff here. If you have any questions or concerns you can bring them to me or any other moderator and we'll do our best to help. It's what we're here for! With that, I'd like to wish you a warm welcome and hope you find the kind of role playing you're looking for here and end up staying a long while.

Cheers
Solo Wing Pixy
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon May 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Heyo Loren, welcome aboard! Like Pix here, I'm a moderator too, and likewise open to any questions you may or may not have. I hope you'll be able to find something that is to your liking, and I hope you enjoy your time you spend writing here.

Personally, I'm a fan of big, meaty, detailed paragraphs, and also black comedy and sarcasm. Also puns. I love puns. Puns are great

Now, I guess I'll fire off the usual link salad at you to help you get accustomed the the site. Something, something, moderator duty. The first place you should check is our rules, not that you'll break any of course. The he Role Play Academy is where you'll go if you want to brush up on your writing or ask for advice or aid. Our Scholars are all wonderful people, I promise.

Also, feel free to check out the RPG Chat, to talk to other users. Someone always seems to be in there. Be sure to check the Interest Checks to look at the ideas other writers have for potential roleplays, or the Roleplayers Wanted section to see if there's a roleplay looking for another writer.

Bleh. Sorry about that. I really should streamline that process. Anyway, we're happy to have you, and I look forward to seeing you around!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon May 02, 2016 9:27 pm

TvTropes?
Fantasy RPs?
My good newcomer, I like you already.

Now, onto the more formal stuff- clears throat
Hi, I'm Echo, and I'm a Scholar here on the site. We Scholars are identified by our dark blue names, and are basically the go-to mentor figures. If you need any help navigating RPG or roleplaying in general, feel free to PM us! Considering that Talisman already gave you the necessary links (and talked us up already, blessed be), I'll keep myself from acting like a broken record.

On less formal notes, big, meaty claws paragraphs are always welcome here! With any luck, we'll end up in the same RP one of these days. :)
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MisterMagicMuffin on Sun May 15, 2016 7:18 pm

Greetings! I must say I feel a distinct comradery with this post. I'm a fan of TV tropes and subtly unique variations of popular tropes, as I feel like having a /few/ makes a roleplay have a certain familiarity that others can enjoy.

High/Historical fantasy are firmly rooted in my role-play beginnings, and are a preferred genre of mines, I look forward to reading your lengthy posts, and hopefully contributing to your writing projects.

Feel free to PM me to bounce ideas, discuss tropes, or ask questions! I look forward to you contributing to the site,

Kind Regards,

Muffin.

MisterMagicMuffin
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!