Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Winters Edge

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Winters Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:48 pm

[Please read, this isn't as long as you think, I just used the enter key a lot]

In the year 2012, the end of the world as we know it was predicted.

β€œAfter Thirteen Heavens of Decreasing Choice, and Nine Hells of Increasing Doom, the Tree of Life shall blossom with a fruit never before known in the creation, and that fruit shall be the New Spirit of Men.”
The 13 Heavens and 9 Hells were each 52 years long (1,144 years total). Each of the 9 Hells were to be worse than the last. On the final day of the last Hell (August 17, 1987), Tezcatlipoca, god of death, would remove his mask of jade to reveal himself as Quetzelcoatl, god of peace.
In the mythology of the Aztecs, the first age of mankind ended with the animals devouring humans. The second age was finished by wind, the third by fire, and the fourth by water. The present fifth epoch is called Nahui-Olin (Sun of Earthquake), which began in 3113 BC and will end on December 24, 2011. It will be the last destruction of human existence on Earth. The date coincides closely with that determined by the brothers McKenna in The Invisible Landscape as β€œthe end of history” indicated by their computer analysis of the ancient Chinese oracle-calendar, the I Ching.
The Mayan calendar is divided into Seven Ages of Man. The fourth epoch ended in August 1987. The Mayan calendar comes to an end on Sunday, December 23, 2012. Only a few people will survive the catastrophe that ensues. In the fifth age, humanity will realize its spiritual destiny. In the sixth age, we will realize God within ourselves, and in the seventh age we will become so spiritual that we will be telepathic.

The world as we know it ended. In anticipation for this, the United States government assumed that what they predicted was that our enemies would destroy us, completely misreading the prediction. They sent nuclear bombs across the world, destroy many countries. Russia, having learned their plans, did the same, sending bombs to America as well.

There were few that survived this catastrophe, also as it was predicted. And although we did not know it, this was how the world was to end. We, in our fear and desperation, would kill ourselves.

The few that were left were telepathic, this power limited to sharing our thoughts through pictures only, not words. We had not known that it was literal in the fact that we would be telepathic.

The world had ended…and yet just begun.

Those, who were killed, did not die from the bombs, they were…altered. They came back to life, as the living dead. Though, there were different variations of these β€œzombies.”

Those who were β€œkilled” in the nuclear war, are the grunts. The least intelligent of the zombies. These are the ones that drag their feet, have no human likeness, and are savages.

The ones who are turned by the grunts, are like their maker, but they are better. They are stronger, faster, smarter, but still, they hardly show a human likeness.

Then there are those, who already had a gene in them. This gene could never have been found by any doctors, or microscopes. It was something not predicted by anyone, that when the world came to an end, and we had our new enemies, that those among us were already like them, and this was just a trigger to set the gene off, and make them like their lesser β€œsiblings.”

The people with this gene still look like humans, like their former self, but they hunger for human flesh. They are also smarter than the other zombies, and also smarter than they were when they were humans. They are faster, stronger, and they can hold intelligent conversations, learn faster, and strategize. This is who the few remaining humans fear the most.

---------------------------------------
The story is based in the Wastelands of America. Your group, will have been meeting here

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... eritro.jpg

It is winter time, and there was a call over an old radio that every survivor anywhere close to the area. So, you should probably make your first post about already being there and waiting, or about your trek there.

Rules (because I like to make things horrible for you all):
1. No godmoding.
2. Please post often, if you are quitting out, just let us know. It’s not a big deal.
3. Please post a lot, as in amount. At least two paragraphs please.
4. Be literate. If not, you will not be accepted.
5. Be kind to everyone.
6. Have fun. :]

Character sheet:

Name:

Zombie/Human:

If you’re a zombie, give a brief description of what happened when the gene kicked in:

If you’re human, tell a story of someone you saw turn [optional]:

Appearance [pictures welcome]:

Bio/History:

Personality:

-----------------
This, is Demetri, he is my human character;

Name: Demetri Roth

Zombie/Human: Human

If you’re a zombie, give a brief description of what happened when the gene kicked in:

If you’re human, tell a story of someone you saw turn [optional]: When he was with his girlfriend of six years, they had been sitting on an old swing set in a central park of where they were living. The bomb had been dropped a few states away from them, so they didn’t really know anything had happened. But the winds pushed the debris into their town, and there was a dust storm. Neither of them could see anything for several minutes, but Demetri had been holding his girlfriend; Addy, and he had felt her body stiffen as it happened, but there was something else that he couldn’t describe. When the storm had finally finished, and they could see, but there was still dust in the air, this was what he saw of his girlfriend;

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... ingr-1.jpg

After that, she stood up, looked off to the horizon, then walked away, in a type of daze.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... action.jpg

This is him in his suit;
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... by_ocs.jpg

Bio/History: Doesn’t know much about his past before Addy.

Personality: Quiet, leader, doesn’t fall in love easily so he was crushed when Addy β€œdied” and wants revenge. He is kind to those that need help and kindness, mean to those who don’t deserve it.

This is my zombie character;

Name: Addy Muck

Zombie/Human: Zombie

If you’re a zombie, give a brief description of what happened when the gene kicked in: [You already know where she was]

This is her after she eats, you know what she looks like when she hasn’t eaten;

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... n0Lith.jpg

Bio/History: Was raised by a normal family of scientist, as the younger of two children. She has an older brother that is 21, who is also a zombie;

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... 50743c.jpg

She is part of the squadron of elite zombies [the ones that had the gene]. They see her as the leader, because she was one of the first that changed, and she accepted her role willingly. This is their symbol, and their name;

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... design.jpg

The people that are closest to her, that she consults are her brother;
Jack

Sarah;
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... alk_01.jpg

Lea;

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... k_02-1.jpg

And Samuel and Patrick
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/N ... f9c4fb.jpg

[Sam is the one of the Left]

Personality: Leader, loving….

[there might be more that I need to put, but I can’t think of it right now]
Last edited by Krisuvial on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

"It is not sufficient that I succeed - all others must fail.” - Genghis Khan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Winters Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeepingAlive90 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:41 am

Name: Steven Ryan Parker

If you’re human, tell a story of someone you saw turn [optional]: Steven and his partner Mike were patrolling the city as another normal day when the bomb dropped. It hit the center of the city, soon after a massive shockwave was felt miles around. Their squad car was launched into the air and came down upside down. Once Steven awoke it was night and he crawled out from his car, soon realizing his partner. Shocked to what he was seeing his partner’s skin turned to a charred gray. Not being able to stand what he was seeing he grabbed his police gear and ran in the opposite direction in a numb shock.

Appearance: 6’0ft, 196lbs. Brown neck length hair with a beard. Muscular built. His entire face looks to be weather worn; his features have aged as well. Looking to be a middle aged man down on his luck. With large scar covering his entire right forearm.

About 6'0 tall, 196lbs. Shaggy brown hair about shoulder length, along with a brown beard. Muscular bu

Bio/History: Steven being a Police Officer for about all of his life. With a normal child hood and his career path going to Police work Steven acquired many skills from years on the force. Today he wanders around looking for survivors still clinging to the only thing he has left, his sanity. Wandering around still in clothing reminiscent to an armed form authority.

Personality: Distant, stubborn, and has grown numb to all the death and destruction around him. He is mantra would be survival thru numbness, in his head its already all over, there is no hope.
"Zombies... Im not prepared."
-Asian dude I know with 3 thumbs

"See that? What? Nothing"
- James

As 7/12/09
Back from 2 weeks. Feelin refershed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KeepingAlive90
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:38 am

Accepted. Nice character sheet. :]

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesilentstory on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:59 am

Name: Kara Molline Wincester

If you’re human, tell a story of someone you saw turn:

Her best friend was her life. Ever since she was four, he was all she had, and all that she wanted. When the world ended, she thought they would die together. When she woke, he was gone, a hastily scribbled note at her side, and piece of red cloth tied about her wrist. It was his bandanna, his favorite red bandanna. The note read:

I'm sorry, Kara. I tried to protect you, but it just wasn't enough.
I love you always.

Ray.

Bio/History:

She grew up with her best friend as her only friend- the one person she could depend on. Her mother was always gone, a workaholic who dropped her off at Ray's soon after she had turned seven and never came back; and her father was never there, dead before she was born. Since she could remember, she has always been with Ray, and they have been through everything together. She was nice to everyone she met, though she was not quick to make friends, rather, she kept her distance for fear of getting hurt. When they she started high school, she opened up a bit more though not much; Ray was they only person who knew her every thought, and she intended to keep it that way.

After the bomb had devastated her home, all she could remember was a struggle, though the memory is vague and hazy. One minute Ray is there, at her side, alive (albeit a bit scratched up); and the next he was gone, the note in his place. It wasn't until days later that she figured out what had happened. Ray had been turned into a zombie trying to protect her. When he heard heard them coming for her-for him- he hid her, taking her to a secluded area not far from where he would later be found. They took him away, turning him into a monster, something she thought she would never be able to face. With this information she headed westward, something telling her that that is where she would find her answers.

Personality: Kara is a very hard person to get to know. She never gives out any information about herself with the exception of her name. In order to protect herself, she is skeptical of everyone and everything, almost to the point of paranoia; she needs to been shown physical proof before she can declare her loyalties. She is silent but deadly, with a hidden temper that would scare even the bravest of persons. She is loyal, but only to those who she trusts, and never so to those she doesn't, even when threatened.

DONE EDITING. Is there anything you would like me to change?
Last edited by thesilentstory on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thesilentstory
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:19 am

of course [:

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Here's my sheet. I'm so sorry, but the bio is pretty long. Didn't mean for it to be a book lol sorry. Just to sum the bio up, he had a rich family, great education, went into the military, learned several foreign languages (Spanish, French, Latin, etc.) and became a doctor.

Character sheet

Name: Henry Jacob Watson

Picture One - Image

Picture Two - Image

Picture Three - Image

Bio/History: Henry Watson's history is foggy inside his mind. It's hard for him to remember the past, so all he does now is keep his eyes focused on the future and the pictures he receives in his head from time to time. The following is who he was before the explosion.

Henry was born into a rich family who cared dearly for him. Their money was put to good use finding the perfect school for him to attend to. His father was a judge as his mother was an actress, both earning good money from their work. Henry's father taught him the meaning of justice when he was young, always giving him wisdom and guidance whenever needed. Whether Henry was going to become a judge or not, his father wanted him to understand the law. It was knowledge that all men needed, and with that knowledge came greater wisdom as the boy grew older.

In school, Henry learned everything he could. His mind was like a computer, soaking up information and storing it inside without ever forgetting it. Math, History, Economics, Geometry, Science, and anything else the school could teach him is what the boy focused all of his time on. His freshman year he became extremely interested in foreign languages, and for the next four years he learned all he could of the spanish and french language. When the time came to go to collage, Henry decided his mind would be better served somewhere else. He wanted his knowledge to be used in the military.

As a soldier at age 18, he was an interpreter, a hacker, and a search and rescue operative. Never before had the military seen someone like him, smart, wise and educated. Seven years passed as he climbed up the ranks, earning renown and large amounts of money and bonuses. After his eighth year in the military, he left to finally go to college to become a doctor. This was a choice his parents were incredibly thrilled about, and so they supported him all the way. It took a long time, but Henry passed with flying colors marking one of the happiest days of his life.

A few more years passed as Henry's career was beginning to look better than ever. Then the bomb dropped, and all hell broke lose. When the explosion was ignited, Henry's hospital was nearly blown away by the terrifying storm of dust and wind that followed, covering several states of the USA. Henry was knocked over the head by a medical pan, striking the left side of his head next to his eye. When he woke up, everything was a blur. He still has his knowledge and wisdom, but where he obtain them is unknown to him. He doesn't remember much of his family, just blurry faces. The only reason he could even remember his name was because of his name tag on his white coat. He now fights to survive, hoping one day his memories will return.

Personality: Harsh, rough, and unforgiving. But he is also trustworthy, gallant, and just.
(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. He has a cameo on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Lerro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:34 pm

I love your post, very detailed, thank you. And I'll be posting more by wednesday, I don't have access to internet other than my phone and then my posts would not be very detailed. Hope you understand ! Talk to you all soon !

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks a lot Kris =] glad you like it. Yup, I don't mind waiting a couple days for the IC to go up. No rush here

Lerro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:11 am

No, nothing needs to be changed, and I'll be adding a bit more info here.

These are the way things look, on the sides of the road and such;

;you can carry on a relationship with a zombie that has higher intelligence, but I highly suggest you do not.

if there is any other questions, just ask me [:

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Yes, one question for you...where is the IC? Is it up yet? If so we need the url lol post it in your first post or something.

Also, thanks so much for the pics, those are going to help me alot in being more detailed with my posts. Thanks again =]. It might also be a good idea to send the other role players a message letting them know you're still doing the rp. Cuz it has been a while since you've posted anything

Lerro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Good point on sending them a message, and I didn't get to post the IC, I started to, and then lost the creativity. It's been awhile since I worked on this story, and I forgot where I wanted to go with it. But it WILL be up tonight. Sorry about the delays...

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Good point on sending them a message, and I didn't get to post the IC, I started to, and then lost the creativity. It's been awhile since I worked on this story, and I forgot where I wanted to go with it. But it WILL be up tonight. Sorry about the delays...

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Ok awesome, looking forward to it

Lerro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 am

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Name: Artyom Palichenko

[http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/157966-metro.jpg
(Artyom and Stone; Artyom is on the left)
Artyom had a friend in the military, Major Devin Stone, who succumbed to the virus early in his career. Devin was a hard, single-minded stoic and helped Artyom immensely in the early days of his "adventure". The two of them combed city ruins and townouses looking for civilization and supplies (not necessarily in that order), and got along fairly well. Stone and Artyom eventually had a falling out over a wheeled generator, and Stone ended up storming off by himself.

Artyom never saw Stone again. Well, alive anyways.

http://assets.thqonline.net/screenshots ... ab6546.jpg
(Stone is on the floor)

After a few days of tracking Stone, Artyom found a locked down building with several corpses scattered about the premises. Prying open the doors of the building, Artyom found Stone's corpse laying on the foyer. Two marks were on his body: a chunk of flesh torn from his right arm in the ragged pattern common in bite victims, and a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the right temple. The soldier would rather have taken his own life than turn into a zombie.

In armor:

Partially Unarmored:

Bio/History: Artyom is a Ukranian immigrant; he couldn't speak a lick of English when he arrived in America two years ago and can only barely speak it now. He was a former member of the Ukranian infantry, which led to his arms training and increased chances of survival. His gear came with him from the Motherland as a reminder of his days before. How he got it past Customs, not even he really knows. Currently he's seeking civilization and supplies by himself, however a certain radio message has him following another path...

Personality: Quiet, unassuming, and cold. He prefers to get the job done with as little hastle as possible; even if that means "lone wolfing" it. He doesn't form attachments easily but still prefers human company.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Nice to see you again Cypher. Accepted. [:

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Duwha? See me again...?

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm in another one you're in. Summer's something or other. Haha.

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesilentstory on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:58 am

I am really sorry about this, but I must drop out of this RP. My Initial interest has waned, and as much as I would like to say that I would be able to produce some quality work on this, I can't. Just wanted to say now, so that you aren't wondering why I haven't posted yet. Sorry!

thesilentstory
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:07 am

OH GOD! THE RP IS A SAUSAGEFEST AGAIN! NOOOOOOOOO~

*Ahem* Sad to see you go, better luck in your other endeavours, see ya around ^^

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!