Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

World War II

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

World War II

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 pm

As a major World War II buff, I've been looking for a good RP relating to it to join, but unfortunately all of the ones I have joined have died (some before they even got started.) As such, I have decided to take some initiative and see if there is any interest in getting one started. I'd be willing to GM unless someone else wanted to. I'm also open different ideas for plot seeing as I don't really have one figured out. I think it should focus around a specific battle, place, event, etc. so that things don't get to broad. We could also do some kind of twist on the war like an alternate history, or having vampires, super heros, or other things of the nature to give it kind of a fantasy twist. Anywho, if there is anyone out there who is even remotely interested in the possibility of a WWII roleplay, please reply.
Last edited by PanzerJedi on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: World War II

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:15 pm

I was actually just thinking of a war RP/story -- what a coincidence... or maybe I have some psychic, telapathic tendencies O_O .. maybe not.

As much as I would like to join it however, I don't think I have enough talent to do it justice. Maybe I'll consider it if the plot is really interesting and not boring. Also, I will not join it if it includes vampires or werewolves are anything like that, straying too far from reality into the fantasy side of things, but there could be some elements (that's just what I like BTW). I'll check back to see if you get a plot worked out, but for now, I'm still considering joining.

Also, although your idea may be around WWII, perhaps you could do an alternate universe type thing, that way there could be a lot more room to work with, especially for those who know little about war, let alone WWII. Just a suggestion.

And, I just have to say (sorry), it's 'etc.' not 'ect.' (better have been a typo -- I kid .. perhaps). :]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iamsheena
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:20 pm

I dig that Alternate Universe idea, sorta like Resistance...

Actually, doubt you would like having the Allies and Axis coming together to fight GIANT FREAKING ALIENS OH MY GOOOOOOD.

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Definitely up for it; alternate universe might be good for the reasons mentioned above, but I'd be fine with just about any setting. And NO FANTASY. Skilled roleplay and hackneyed escapism should never mix.

reticulated99
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm glad to see there is some interest. So far the general consensus so far is nothing fantasy, that's out, which I am totally fine with. I think an alternate history could be fun, like a Japanese invasion of America, the Germans winning Stalingrad, or something like that, but I would prefer not anything to out there, like aliens invading or anything like that. Since this would be my first time GMing anything, I would like to keep it as simple as possible. I personally was thinking of having the RP follow the experiences of a small unit during the War and what it was like for it's members. Think something kind of like Band of Brothers. Have them take part in the major battles, but focus on their own personal war rather than the war as a whole. The unit type or nationality is still up in the air, so we could be German tankers, Russian infantry, British pilots, American Marines, or any other combination we want. I also will try not to be a stickler for historical accuracy.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:20 pm

A Band of Brothers-esque party sounds like the best way to go. As for scenario, I've got one I think might be interesting: Rommel wins the battle for North Africa. Implications: total Axis control of the Med, a southern front against Russia, and a jumping-off point to attack British India. In addition to being able to fight in the traditional theaters, this opens up all kinds of possibilities that never happened, even things like the Russians fighting the Germans--in China. Just a thought.

reticulated99
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:37 pm

I'd be rather interested in this, especially if i can be a pilot (air support for the rest of the group on the ground?) An idea i've seen is for a group tp RP as the crew of a b-24 liberator. I especially love the Alternate Universe idea, and would be in favor of some sort of Africa campaign...
Hey, read my fiction! http://www.fictionpress.com/~twindeath Reviews are appreciated.
Könnt ihr mich hören?
Könnt ihr mich sehen?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!