Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

You May Call Me Milady, Gentlemen

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

You May Call Me Milady, Gentlemen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milady on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

You may not have have heard of me, as I am still a sprout among the century old oaks. I chose the name Milady for myself upon joining this simply splendid community. You may think that I am green when it comes to roleplaying, however I am seasoned when it comes to it – not part of the elite, but I am adequate at the least. This place is no stranger to me either, as I have known of this site for many years now. I just did not wish to join, up until now.

I have been roleplaying for nearly six years now, dating back to the Winter Solstice of the year 2005. I have been very young then, too young for my liking. I have discovered some things too fast, and didn't appreciate them as much as I do now. Young, brave and stubborn, I have started my roleplaying journey with various forum-based roleplays, email and MSN ones. My spelling was atrocious, and I have been roleplaying in two different languages – neither of which I have been very good at then. I have committed many crimes against roleplaying, which I am not going to list as they are too horrible to mention.

However, in the past years, I have grown. I have lived past what I believe were my worst years, abandoning my comrades, ignoring advice. I have sat down with myself, beat myself up mentally and took all that advice I gathered up to heart. In the past six months I have been roleplaying with three of my dear friends on nearly daily basis and I believe that to be a sign that I should come back to the roleplaying community of the internet that stretches outside of my comfort zone that are roleplays with my friends.

I am female, living in England, so my time zone might vary from yours. I absolutely hate grammar and spelling disaster that is known as text talk – it may be because it serves as a reminder of what I used to be.I enjoy roleplaying completely original ideas as much as I love set worlds from books and series I am a fan of. If anyone is wondering, from fan based roleplays I am able to roleplay Harry Potter, Naruto and The Night Angel Trilogy. There would be so much more, however I am a bit rusty with those and I would rather not spoil a good roleplay with silly mistakes. Before you ask, yes, I am familiar with Twilight and I will absolutely not, I repeat, absolutely not roleplay Twilight. That dreadful excuse of literature should be burned.

As for original roleplays, I am a fan of many things. From romance to action and horror to fantasy, I can do most things. Although, over the years I have discovered no love for sci-fi or historical settings that I have no idea about. I am not afraid of going that extra mile with roleplaying, and I won't mysteriously disappear when roleplays turn gory or not-so-family friendly if you know what I mean. But I dislike breaking rules, or being late, since it is part of my nature so certain things shall stay strictly to PM or off-site completely (Judging from this sentence, you may already know that I have read the rules, ten times at least). So, if you're looking for a family-friendly roleplayer or someone who is not squeamish at some R things, you can come to me. If you want to know more, or have an idea, PM is the way, my friends.

When it comes to characters, I am capable of playing both males and females, of any sexuality. Myself being bisexual, I am content to play a straight, gay, bi, or even asexual character.

Now that I have taken care of the important things, I shall speak some more about myself – for I am a very interesting person.

Milady here, is a very big-headed and easily irritated when concentrating on something, person. I try to be nice to everyone but some things certainly do not work out as well as I hope them to do and I tend to bite some people's heads off (should teach them a lesson for annoying me while I'm concentrating). I am still in full time education, an artist and a bookworm. My friends sometimes compare me to a more artistically inclined Hermione Granger with Draco Malfoy's ego. I sometimes compare myself to a more down to earth Luna Lovegood with Bellatrix Lestrange's hair.

Apart from art, roleplaying and reading, I am also a decent writer, as I was told – which brings me to another of my loves that is fanfiction. Now, don't give me those sour looks, just because I write fanfiction doesn't mean that I'll be throwing Mary-Sues everywhere. The days when I created Mary-Sues are buried along with godmodding, Twilight and other unmentionables somewhere in my back garden. Fanfiction is probably another reason why I do not mind gay pairings, slash is after all, most of the fanfics I write are Harry/Insert A Very Awesome Dark Side Male Here. With a plot, of course.

I like making friends, and as I do not know people on this site, I would like to make some here. It seems like an interesting community full of crazy lovable wackos like me. On a side note, English is not my first language, but I live and go to school in England and I'm probably better at it than I am in my native language.

Now, I humbly ask for your approval, lords and ladies, for me to fully join this community and make sure to get the best out of this.

~Milady

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Milady
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: You May Call Me Milady, Gentlemen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Well met, Milady! ViceVersus (Sato) here. I hope you enjoy your time in the courts of RolePlayGateway.

A considerable chunk of our community here are also from England, so you won't be hard-pressed to find fellow role-players from your same time zone. Myself, I'm an American, so I'll probably be going to bed while you're tucked away in sleep. It's good to see such a versatile writer adding themselves to our ranks, however! We've got all types of storytellers here, so I hope you find your niche!

Naruto, huh? I was way into Naruto a few years ago. We might have to have a chat and you can catch me up on the canon so far. I sort of checked out a considerable way through, and part of me wishes that I had kept up with it.

Ahh, MSN roleplays. I'm sure we've all been there. Lots of things to learn from that time, huh?

I've ranted a bit long enough here. I do hope to get to know you better, in time! Feel free to send me a message or something, if you'd just want to chat.

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milady on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Sato!
A previous Naruto fan, hmm? You're missing out dear. Do you remember the Akatsuki? I hope so. And Tobi? The orange masked guy? We thought that he was Madara Uchiha at first, but now that Madara has been resurrected....Yeah. Kishimoto has been throwing plot twists at us like mad :)

Milady
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Yeah. I remember hearing that Kakashi was dead. And then he wasn't dead. After I realized Kishimoto was having far too much fun messing with his fan base, I had to depart just for the sake of my poor fluttering heart. :c

Anyways, if you have any questions, just holla. You'll find most of us to be a friendly bunch. (:

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby technicolourstardust on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi! Yeah, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to roleplaying, but I was hoping that you might join my roleplay. I am not nearly as seasoned as you, being at it for only two years and not exactly religiously at that, but some people think my ideas are good at least. I'd love to see what you could do! I won't even suggest a character because you seem perfectly capable of coming up with something great!

Here's a link if you decide that you're interested: roleplay/one-big-goblin-mess/

I do see that we have similar tastes in roleplay! And I hate text talk as well. We could end up being good friends eventually.
I'll Dance In The Pouring Rain,
Sing In A Hurricane,
And Laugh With My Last Breath,
Just For Knowing You!

Here is/are my roleplay(s):
One Big Goblin Mess
Living a Life of Piracy!
More to come!

technicolourstardust
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!